Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
My Jedi Knight is level 11 and his rotation is 7? buttons already, and I had to take some abilities off my hotbars. Coming from WoW where the fundamental abilities you tend to get first and use throughout the character's entire life, it's weird to get to a point to where you are just throwing things away. That's all I meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Firstborn posted:

My Jedi Knight is level 11 and his rotation is 7? buttons already, and I had to take some abilities off my hotbars. Coming from WoW where the fundamental abilities you tend to get first and use throughout the character's entire life, it's weird to get to a point to where you are just throwing things away. That's all I meant.

7 buttons at level 11??? I think you're using some buttons that you don't need to at level 11. What is the rotation you're using?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

prefect posted:

This makes me feel a little better about my failed level-20 attempt at sage healing.

Better than my level 20-ish attempt at sorcerer healing while in lightning specialization.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Firstborn posted:

If your Knight is in similar spec to Annihilation Marauder, then there should be like 3 buttons you'd use at level 11, since this is what a level 65 raid DPS rotation looks:

While there are lots of steps, there are only 8 abilities involved, from which 2 are used once, and half comes from fairly late into the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

kalstrams posted:

If your Knight is in similar spec to Annihilation Marauder, then there should be like 3 buttons you'd use at level 11, since this is what a level 65 raid DPS rotation looks:

While there are lots of steps, there are only 8 abilities involved, from which 2 are used once, and half comes from fairly late into the game.

Right, 8 buttons in what's considered the endgame rotation on what's considered to be the most complex character.

Sure you have to stun and interrupt as well, but that's all characters, and not necessary for just story stuff. This game is very simple to play - if you don't want to "perfect" it, you can use minimal buttons just fine.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hardly use 7 buttons the majority of the time at level 65.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

e;fb

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 1, 2016

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

Medullah posted:

They changed the tracer missile animation in BETA and it's not going back.

It was changed with Patch 1.2.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I finally finished getting the jedi knight through chapter 3. Just the last half of Corellia took over 3 hours - armies of trash to wade through, so much running, awful dialogue to skip over. I've got him doing diplo missions now to max out light points for that unlock then forget about him.

Just the smuggler and trooper to go. I might do the smuggler last to finish on a high point.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I just finished trooper and smuggler act 3s over the weekend. Thanks to some extra leveling in December I could just cruise through the required missions (class quests and getting the corellian train active). I had consular, agent, warrior and inquisitor done already. So now my jedi sentinel can do every story boss fight by force choke, groin kick, then force lightning while picking all the dark side options and wondering why none of the jedi around have a problem with this. Good times.

Anyone have an opinion on whether male or female voice/character is better for light side sith warrior run? I went cartoon evil guy on my first one in 2011.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bagrada posted:

Anyone have an opinion on whether male or female voice/character is better for light side sith warrior run? I went cartoon evil guy on my first one in 2011.

I don't know about the female voice, but the male voice is great, because you sound like a noble British knight running around and blowing everybody's mind by not being an rear end in a top hat.

Hell, I would be a-okay with the SW voice for JKs.

prefect fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 1, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

It was changed with Patch 1.2.

Close enough, still not changing.

bagrada posted:

I just finished trooper and smuggler act 3s over the weekend. Thanks to some extra leveling in December I could just cruise through the required missions (class quests and getting the corellian train active). I had consular, agent, warrior and inquisitor done already. So now my jedi sentinel can do every story boss fight by force choke, groin kick, then force lightning while picking all the dark side options and wondering why none of the jedi around have a problem with this. Good times.

I think Male warrior in general has a better storyline, better romance options, sounds better.

Females get Quinn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The change was good :colbert:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well, at least gold spammers are getting a bit more creative with their titles.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I like my LS female Knight. At one point she said something to the effect of, "If you're half as good at dodging blaster fire as you are at dodging my advances I can't wait to fight with you" to Quinn.

Also, Smuggler twist after Voss is great.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Well, at least gold spammers are getting a bit more creative with their titles.

You should reply with a nice note thanking him for his email. See if you can get a Pen Pal out of it.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

:confuoot:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So for this HK-55 thing, I have to be subbed for all of January-August, or just subbed for some portion of it?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Fuzz posted:

So for this HK-55 thing, I have to be subbed for all of January-August, or just subbed for some portion of it?

All of it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Bioware posted:

Hey folks,

One of the issues we have seen brought up quite a bit in this thread is storage space. Although we aren't adding new bays at this time, one change to help with storage is that any item which previously stacked to 99, will now stack to 9,999. This change is coming in Game Update 4.1

Thanks!

-eric

Woo!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well, if you want to play the HK-55 (probably 20 minute) chapter you have to be subbed. If you want HK-55 as a companion I think you just had to be a subscriber on 1/11.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Holy poo poo that's literally the best news I've ever had.

...I need a life.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I've still never understood why game developers don't use their noggin when they start these games and make everything in their games stack as large as the integer their database can use will support.

It's not like in any game you ever run out of reasons to hoard poo poo. Let the stackable stuff stack a lot, we'll still find a shitload of things like say unique armor pieces in a game with literally thousands of unique loving armor pieces to fill out an inventory and funnel money into the inventory space for real money system.

9999 is a dumb limit when it's at least a SMALLINT covering a quantity field and that's at least 32,000.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Well, if you want to play the HK-55 (probably 20 minute) chapter you have to be subbed. If you want HK-55 as a companion I think you just had to be a subscriber on 1/11.

That's right.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I can't wait to see my bay with 3 stacks of 10,000 green jawa junk.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Guess I'm renewing tomorrow, then.

6 more months! :suicide:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Guess I'm renewing tomorrow, then.

6 more months! :suicide:

Don't renew unless you're going to play, you already missed the Jan 11 deadline for the HK-55 chapter.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I can't wait to see my bay with 3 stacks of 10,000 green jawa junk.

Yeah I think half my Legacy storage is Jawa Junk.

Now they just need to make Augments stack.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FYI guild's at 495/500

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
In that case, I'll be the idiot named Turgid Longshaft asking everyone for guild membership in a couple hours.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Alter Ego posted:

Yeah, I'm doing a lady Sentinel, and he is loving RUTHLESS with the flirting. Not touching that one.
I waited till I finished chap 3 and did all his convos in one go because that one blank spot on the achievement pane bugged me.

I think fem BH has the best romance option since if you don't want Torian, you can pawn him off on Mako. I did feel kind of bad shooting him down tho. Felt like kicking a puppy.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
yeah the amount of non-unique poo poo in this game that doesnt stack is astounding

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009

Kainser posted:

At least you can do the fleet one solo with some relogging.

I wish this was true for imperials.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

When should I make the decision on wether or not I want to subscribe? I'm like level 5 but I like this game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

When should I make the decision on wether or not I want to subscribe? I'm like level 5 but I like this game
You have until end of Chapter 3 to figure that out. I did subscribe when I settled down on liking the game, so level 10 or so.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Will stacks combine when you sort your inventory? And will we ever be able to sort inventory by name?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Will stacks combine when you sort your inventory? And will we ever be able to sort inventory by name?

You'll probably have to do just like now, right click from your inventory into your bay. I don't see it auto-combining. I know when this patch drops I've got at least 2 hours worth of arranging I'll have to do, but it'll be worth it to have only one cargo bay for crafting materials rather than the 2-4 I have now (Seriously, my Artificer has 4 bays worth of miscellaneous things thanks to power crystals, artifacts, color crystals, and treasure hunting mats).

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Bob NewSCART posted:

Yeah, it's worth it for at least a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Do we have a release date for 4.1 yet? I feel like I should know this.

• Locked thread