Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Scary Gary

Intelligent Life

Retail

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (February 4, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft drags the brownie story into a third week and the mission is to make it totally worth it.

BOWLING JOKE! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :suicide:

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (September 10-11, 1928)

Thimble Theater (August 20, 1929)

Herringbone realizes too late that homely chicks need love too. But they gotta pay. :quagmire:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Are you ready to get Ground into the Dirt Comix??

Oh what the gently caress, dude??? We had a fine little pastiche going for the sorely underappreciated Terminator 1, and now you gotta go and spoil that by cramming in the ending from T2? You just want to get the thumbs up shot in there at some point. I'm onto you.

Ballard Street

I really like this. Don't have much more to say.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Thanks for the ominous chapter title.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Forktoss posted:

Magic Mary XXL

Better clean out my search history now I guess, thanks Mary
Haha this is great! I wish I could think of these edits for MW.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Oh for the love of God how long is this going to go on?

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (January 8, 1951)

Barnaby (June 15, 1942)

Nancy (February 22, 1943)

Today I'm adding a new strip to my dailies: Wash Tubbs. Written and drawn by Roy Crane, Wash Tubbs was immensely influential as the first adventure strip of any note. It centers on the goofy, bumbling, somewhat girl-crazy Washington Tubbs II and, later on, his tough, stoic sidekick Captain Easy. (Easy will show up about six months from now.)

We begin in medias res -- somewhat inevitably, given that this is an adventure strip -- with Wash and his companions trudging through the desert after escaping the villainous Hudson Bey.

Wash Tubbs (November 5, 1928)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Do you seriously not know the directions to the place where you work? Is that how you start the commute every day? Is something like take route # in <direction> too difficult? Maybe it's different in America but I have NEVER seen a mall that didn't have huge signs and billboards directing you when you get to the closest off ramp or intersections.

I am angry. Angry about lovely comics. :rant:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

treasureplane posted:

Wash Tubbs (November 5, 1928)

God drat it The Past, can you please stop being so loving racist

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Poil posted:

Do you seriously not know the directions to the place where you work? Is that how you start the commute every day? Is something like take route # in <direction> too difficult? Maybe it's different in America but I have NEVER seen a mall that didn't have huge signs and billboards directing you when you get to the closest off ramp or intersections.

I probably couldn't tell you how to get to most of my old jobs if you weren't coming from my part of town. I just never bothered to learn directions in most places because I move regularly and why should I bother when I can plop a line of text into Google and instantly know where to go?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Poil posted:

Countblanc posted:

I probably couldn't tell you how to get to most of my old jobs if you weren't coming from my part of town. I just never bothered to learn directions in most places because I move regularly and why should I bother when I can plop a line of text into Google and instantly know where to go?

I can drive the entirety of the route my elementary school bus took every morning (including all the turnarounds) just from sheer repetition decades later, but no way could I tell you the names of more than a handful of the roads.

Having said that, the Retail phone drone was handed a chance to give the personal touch by remote control and he didn't know how to do it. So there you are. :shrug:

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 1, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Poil posted:

I should point out that in Rhode Island (where Feuti is from) we are notoriously bad in giving directions, because we tend to refer to old landmarks rather than street names. "Take a left at where the Benny's used to be and then keep going to where the gas station was" is a valid direction in RI.

Hell, I couldn't name any of the side streets to the road I grew up on, but I remember where the Ann & Hope was from 20 years ago.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

"No need to, I already know what a wrecked car looks like."

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Poil posted:

Maybe if the caller had been kind enough to offer his starting point instead of requesting vague direction-finding, poor Donny could give a more satisfying answer. :colbert:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

I should point out that in Rhode Island (where Feuti is from) we are notoriously bad in giving directions, because we tend to refer to old landmarks rather than street names. "Take a left at where the Benny's used to be and then keep going to where the gas station was" is a valid direction in RI.

Hell, I couldn't name any of the side streets to the road I grew up on, but I remember where the Ann & Hope was from 20 years ago.

As a person who realized Gil took place in RI when he was excited about getting clam cakes at the beach, I can verify what this poster says and also that this poster is clearly from RI because LOL those references. I can still do precisely the same thing and I haven't lived in RI for twenty years.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Gorilla Salad posted:

For someone who is going to spend their life fighting crime until they get brutally murdered in their late 30s, like every Phantom before him, you'd think he'd be less interest in spending half a decade in a monastery hidden in the arse of the world and more interested in say, using his mother's UN credentials and father's Jungle Patrol influence to finagle a place in Quantico learning world leading crime fighting techniques.
Given what the current Phantom gets up to, I don't know that crime-fighting techniques would be all that useful. "Phantom ignores due process and constitutional rights!" -- Old Jungle Saying

Now, a solid course of study on appraising and caring for antiques, with additional courses on how to climate-control a jungle cave so that all the priceless relics you're stealing recovering and keeping in your endless series of treasure rooms won't rot, on the other hand...that's information a Phantom can really make use of.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set protects the valuables.

Working Daze doesn't pass the cut.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets out before the crash.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets out before the crash.

I just realized that these are all re-runs, how come?

http://www.gocomics.com/tomthedancingbug/2014/03/28

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Skippy (December 3, 1928)

Pogo (February 3, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (March 4-7, 1954)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Deep Dark Fears

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
God Plugger Grandpa, they are called "Life Hacks" get with the times :rolleyes:

But if he were with the times....he wouldn't be a plugger I spose.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nenonen posted:

I just realized that these are all re-runs, how come?

http://www.gocomics.com/tomthedancingbug/2014/03/28

The daily SFPC is just the big weekly ones cut up, mixed with some new comics by a different guy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Poil posted:

Maybe he's just bad with directions. I can't give directions. I know how to get to places as I'm going there, but if I try to think through the route in advance I've got no idea. If it's somewhere close I might be able to give a general idea of direction and distance, but that's about it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Y'all don't know about giving directions until you try to give a drunk guy with serious meth mouth directions to a place you never go but know where it is.

:gonk:

e: He actually had the presence of mind to ask for exit numbers and stuff which was impressive for a drunk guy who isn't even driving

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

(This might be a repeat, but I thought it was perfect for tonight)

Gay and Her Gang (click for bigger)

Gay and Smack, my new favorite gals in comics.

Fritzi Ritz

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Gulf War. This is telling - and at one point became too much for a certain Florida newspaper.

Slammy fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 2, 2016

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I didn't say it all last week, but now that apparently it is going to continue this week I can't hold back any longer. WHAT THE HELL POINT ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE, ADAMS.

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Yes.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

:smith:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Prince Valiant

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

This poo poo is such a soul crushingly accurate depiction of bullying :smith:

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

:smith:

Very good. We've all been there.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Poil posted:

Do you seriously not know the directions to the place where you work?

Sure, give me directions to get there right now.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

I seriously think everyone who puts their feet up on the dash is going to die like this eventually. Also, motorcyclists who aren't ATGATT are going to be the worst kind of road pizza.

Yes, I'm a nervous person by nature. Shut up.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Please stay away from the red glowing spot on my back. I assure you, I have no Secret Weakness Comix.

Pooch Café

Next time, the vacuums will send something different. Something without the same weaknesses, something that can adapt itself to any situation.

A wet/dry vac.

Ballard Street

I wonder if it's Jerry's idea or the syndicate colourist's that everybody has day-glo socks.

Lost Side of Suburbia

I'm getting a Psychonauts vibe from the art this week.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Traaaaaaaaugh what's wrong with your face?!

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Traaaaaaaaugh what's wrong with your face?!

This is where they find the secret weapons cache and Mark Trail starts one-handing a LMG

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Allen Wren posted:

I seriously think everyone who puts their feet up on the dash is going to die like this eventually. Also, motorcyclists who aren't ATGATT are going to be the worst kind of road pizza.

Yes, I'm a nervous person by nature. Shut up.
The feet on the dash thing has been a longtime fear of mine and DDF really hit home with this one and I'm glad I'm not alone. But the motorcycle thing drives me nuts. In the summer when I see people speeding around the DC beltway wearing shorts, short sleeves, and flip-flops on a motorcycle weaving in between cars I just shake my head and hope they don't lose it right in front of me so I'm the one that smears them all over the road.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Why does she hope she doesn't need help skating? That's a weird thing to wish for.

Rex Morgan MD

Rex hears Sarah, and he tries to resist, but he cannot. He must obey.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Scary Gary

Intelligent Life

Retail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"