Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Necc0 posted:

Yeah I'd sell the GOP shares asap while you're still ahead.
Those GOP holdings are mostly risky, agreed. With the exception of Paul.2ND.NO, of course.

In news that should affect all of us, BUSH.DROPOUT.IA has resolved NO this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So the commission is taken out of individual names, and not the profit in the market as a whole.

What a completely ridiculous way to do it. Totally distorts the market.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

This guy is gonna go bankrupt but he's gonna win $7 on his one good bet

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Arkane posted:

So the commission is taken out of individual names, and not the profit in the market as a whole.

What a completely ridiculous way to do it. Totally distorts the market.

Yeah if you win in three and lose one they only count the money you put in to the winning markets when calculating their cut of the profit which is bullshit. On the other hand the fact that you can sell individual shares in isolated markets before the close date sort of necessitates that system.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

An interesting bet would be NO on "will trump win any primaries", they are at approx. 10 cents

The polls are very close for Iowa, it may be around a coin toss for him to lose Iowa, and if he does, you can expect those NO shares to spike up a few cents

A bulk of NOs at 10 cents with a sell order at 18 cents will pay off well if Cruz wins Iowa. With 10 cent shares, that's fairly low risk

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

At least sell the Rubios while you're almost tripled up.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Have Bernie Iowa NOs always been this cheap? I'm thinkin of doubling my money here. Basically everything is going Hillary's way.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

Have Bernie Iowa NOs always been this cheap? I'm thinkin of doubling my money here. Basically everything is going Hillary's way.

You won't double your money but 64c is a couple pennies cheaper than it's been. Probably because of the Quinn poll.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

gently caress it, I'm just slapping all my money from the NBCDEBATEBUMP into Bernie NO for iowa. I just don't have the cash to get volume for those small bumps. I did make 5 bucks on TRUMPSWEEP YES in the last couple hours though. That was nice.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Goddammit. I want cheap SWEEP.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

pathetic little tramp posted:

I max bet both, today is gonna be crazy

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Threw a solid $50 at Bernie Iowa NO. This is basically double what I had in every other market combined.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Come on Cruz! (And Clinton.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQUSDeptBxE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sold the vast majority of my Hillary No in Iowa for a 3c/share profit.

I'll hold 50 shares for fun.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I bought a bunch of Donald No and, for some reason, 3 shares of Cruz YES earlier so here's hoping for that upset.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Rand shares are valued higher for first place than for second. :wtc:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Platystemon posted:

His supporters are hyping a come-from-behind ~19% four-way finish with him squeaking it out. Remember who his supporters are.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Platystemon posted:

Of course they are. He has 10,000 precinct chairs and they are going to each bring 10 friends, and those people are going to bring 5 of their friends. Duh!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I think the best penny market right now is the VP markets, especially the republicans. Many of them are priced below 5 cents and they move around a few cents at a time.

With this market being so far our there, you could buy hundreds of shares of each of them at 1-3 cents and immediately put sell offers for a few cents more and just wait as long as it takes for your account to grow incrementally

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Commie NedFlanders posted:

With this market being so far our there, you could buy hundreds of shares of each of them at 1-3 cents and immediately put sell offers for a few cents more and just wait as long as it takes for your account to grow incrementally

i do this

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Aliquid posted:

His supporters are hyping a come-from-behind ~19% four-way finish with him squeaking it out. Remember who his supporters are.

Predictit now accepts gold deposits.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Aliquid posted:

i do this

That's the most reliable strategy to win long term, it's just not as exciting as 400% GAINS from getting lucky on an Obama poll

Snyder, Perry, Jindal and Graham are all 1 or 2 cents

Condi Rice is at 4 cents, I would put a buy offer at 2 cents for a few hundred shares and wait till someone buys them then immediately put a sell offer at 4 cents again

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I have around 12,000 shares of Rand to win Iowa, average of 5.5 cents...I think he could shock the world.

If it's close and he doesn't win, Microsoft could be the culprit.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Don't forget to bet on the drop out market. Huckabee has said that he will be dropping out if he doesn't come in at least 3rd. Santorum is a goner too, but he is a lot cheaper than Huckabee for some reason. But the safe money is to bet NO on everyone else that you can buy. Carson had been in the mid 80's all day and there are still No's out there for most of them

Arkane posted:

I have around 12,000 shares of Rand to win Iowa, average of 5.5 cents...I think he could shock the world.

By my math that is $660. Honestly I would have more fun dropping $20 bills out my car window and watching the commotion it caused.

Zeta Taskforce has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Feb 1, 2016

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
five and a half cents for rand shares are you insane

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
If we get three or four dropouts at once, when does PI decide to close them? It took like a week for some of the previous ones to close.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

nachos posted:

If we get three or four dropouts at once, when does PI decide to close them? It took like a week for some of the previous ones to close.

A week after the announcement and which every loser releases the announcement first is the "winner".

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Arkane posted:

Do you also have obscene numbers of shares for Rand to win NH and Nevada? If so we noticed and remarked on the weird price surges at the time

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Rand thing was a joke. No Rubio in NH or Nevada, but a good amount in Iowa!

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Came across this article on the history of political betting from earlier this month, pretty interesting: http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21684798-how-jesse-jackson-inadvertently-revived-political-betting-prediction-2016

Does neglect to mention Betfair which is decently-sized (about $6m wagered so far on the election).

UrAClassAct
Apr 10, 2012

update:

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

does anybody have a referral code?

edit: promo code i mean

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Credit where it's due if this actually works you're gonna have a payout measured in 'shitloads'

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bought some Cruz Yes for 2nd place so I'm officially back in on this nonsense.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The Election subforum thread is reporting high GOP turnout/new registrations, so I might be a bit more optimistic on Trump's chances.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Trump sweep is still cheap

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

watwat posted:

Trump sweep is still cheap

I'm so tempted to buy in to that market please someone help me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHy8kW632dE

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Carson is "taking a break" after Iowa, just turned 250 40 cent shares into 250 50 cent shares toot toot.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

someone just bought up a ton of paul shares in the iowa second place market, he was briefly listed at .18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Just threw my hat into TRUMP.SWEEP :rolldice:

• Locked thread