Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Sallow Jughead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Slugworth posted:

I think we've all ignored that it's weird she walks around wearing a sweatshirt with her own name on it.

Hell, I've done it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Literally the greatest moment in TV history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw

And I thought I was cringing about the crying woman-baby, JESUS CHRIST

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Vermain posted:

A film about the era of the Comics Code would actually be kinda cool. Hell, even a straight biopic of Bill Gaines and the EC Comics crew would be rad.

Comic Book Confidential deals with the era a little bit. I still sort of think a late 80s/mid-90s-set movie about the comics industry could be pretty interesting if it followed Image story of the artists who formed their own company and the drama associated with it.

I still think CBC needs a sequel, too, to just explore the late-80s through just after the summer of 1997 or 1998 to sort of end the era on the down note of the 1997 comic book movies or the up note of Blade being the first in the new style of comic book film. Enough time has probably passed that the figures involved will probably be able to talk about the time and there was so many different things going on like the major events, the controversies now that comics were getting back into mainstream popularity, the speculator market, the new indies, the new styles, the sudden popularity of anime/manga, etc.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Don Johnson as Rob Liefeld, Tim Roth as Todd McFarlane, Karl Urban as Bob Harras....

Dutch Angle of Harras bellowing in the phone. "You've gotta stop them! They're TAKING ALL THE COMICS!"

Security footage of Liefeld and McFarlane, their arms stuffed with a messy splay of comics as they attempt to sneak out of the lobby of Marvel corporate HQ, the Comics Vault (an old-timey safe) open and sloppily plundered behind them.

Med. shot of Liefeld, McFarlane and Lee in a trash-strewn brick alley, leaning into each other conspiratorially

Lee: I can't do this.... I have a family.....

c/u on McFarlane, eyes burning with a drive bordering on madness

McFarlane: Jim, they'll be at your house by now. Your family's already dead.

Pan upwards from Liefeld's bare feet as he stands framed in the stucco doorway of his California mansion. He's stripped to his Levi's, muscles splattered in blood, his authentic Conan sword gripped in two hands as he bellows defiance at unseen foes. The trailer music is pounding hard now.

The marvel office: tight c/u on a grimacing Harras, toying with the blinds on the window and ashing his cigar, a panel of concerned junior editors in conference behind him.

Harras: This is out of control... call Lobdell.

Axel Alonso: Do you know---

Harras: Dammit, I said call him!

Camera tracks upwards to look through the driverside window of a dark sedan as Scott Lobdell (a surprise appearance by Matt Damon) clicks the hammer back on a beretta 92fs, extending the weapon through the open window and down at his target. Reverse shot to McFarlane, defiant and bloody, trying to crawl back on the pavement with a broken leg.

McFarlane: Who the gently caress are you!?

Lobdell: Nothing personal.... I'm just the cleaner

big white letters on black card: NOTHING

Joe Quesada (played by Kevin Smith) rubs Harras's shoulders in a mock-friendly way that tells us he'd love nothing more than to strangle this bastard. "dangerous times, Bobby---think about your health..."

STAYS SECRET

Steady long-range shot of Jim Lee running down an alley, a wide stack of individually bagged card-backed comics tucked under his arm, headlights just on his heels as a car screeches

FOREVER

In a darkened comic shop beside a line of those display stands they use in drug stores McFarlane turns back to look over his shoulder.

McFarlane: I didn't need this, y'know. I coulda played baseball. In the big leagues.

Cut back to McFarlane's shadowy contact, Chris Claremont (played by Patton Oswalt in a beard, or possibly Chris Claremont) chuckling as he flips up the collar of his Gambit coat.

Claremont: Kid, where the gently caress do you think you are? This is the big leagues.

THIS CHRISTMAS

PARTING IS SWEET SORROW

BLOOD DEBT: THE UNTOLD STORY OF IMAGE COMICS

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 1, 2016

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I still think more Ben Affleck and Matt Damon and Todd and Rob. That ship is sailing, though, as they're both probably too old now to portray them as these fairly young upstarts and their rise and fall in the industry in a Pirates of Silicon Valley thing.

Probably at this point to do a biopic about that era you'd have Zac Efron or Dave Franco as Rob, Jamie Bell as Todd.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I would unironically watch a movie about the 90s comic boom and bust done in the style of The Big Short

e: also jesus, 15 years ago Matt Damon would have been a perfect Rob Liefeld :stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Vermain posted:

A film about the era of the Comics Code would actually be kinda cool. Hell, even a straight biopic of Bill Gaines and the EC Comics crew would be rad.
That or the life and times of Jack Kirby

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I like it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I GET IT!

It's a ven diagram!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Burkion posted:

I GET IT!

It's a ven diagram!

Not a good one. Carlysie is probably way less close to being a douchebag than Weasel.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

JediTalentAgent posted:

I still think more Ben Affleck and Matt Damon and Todd and Rob. That ship is sailing, though, as they're both probably too old now to portray them as these fairly young upstarts and their rise and fall in the industry in a Pirates of Silicon Valley thing.

Probably at this point to do a biopic about that era you'd have Zac Efron or Dave Franco as Rob, Jamie Bell as Todd.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I would unironically watch a movie about the 90s comic boom and bust done in the style of The Big Short

e: also jesus, 15 years ago Matt Damon would have been a perfect Rob Liefeld :stare:

Jesse Plemons (discount Matt Damon/Todd from Breaking Bad)

or Will Poulter (kid from We're the Millers/Maze Runner/The Revenant)

Either one of those actors would be a good Rob. For Todd, maybe...

Aaron Paul?

I could see it. I can't believe I just fan-casted this poo poo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Jesse Plemons as ribskid.jpg

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

the ven diagram is also boobs.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

and a vagina

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

Rurea posted:

and a vagina

I don't see it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

I don't see it

It's giving birth to Deadpool.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
gently caress it, after watching everything that's on Deadpool I'm going to see it week 1.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Clearly if you're going to make that film, you want to never show Liefeld's feet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I've entertained the idea of a movie about the "horror comics"/Seduction of the Innocent frenzy done in the style of Mad-under-Kurtzman. A live action movie with people saying "Fershlugginer" all the time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://www.outerplaces.com/science-...tman-v-superman

Here is all the important stuff introduced in the BvS prequel comics

The ones that caught my eye were these

-Batman has become more brutal but he doesn't kill
-Firefly exists
-Lois can defend herself pretty well
-People has been trafficking with Kryptonian tech left from the Battle of Metropolis
-Lex has been watching Batman for a while and studying Kryptonian DNA

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

teagone posted:

Jesse Plemons (discount Matt Damon/Todd from Breaking Bad)

holy poo poo :magical:

he's practically liefeld's doppelganger

quote:

For Todd, maybe...

Aaron Paul?

I could see it. I can't believe I just fan-casted this poo poo.

I could see it? would possibly take a little work

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Suicide Squad spot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBQPLC0Ntv0/

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
A younger Frank Grillo could do a decent Todd McFarlane

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Jim Lee would probably have to be Steven Yeun from Walking Dead or John Cho for someone recognizable to audiences.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Just to let you know, that was hilarious.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm here all night! :toot:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
deadpool thread when?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Freakazoid_ posted:

deadpool thread when?

Whenever you make it, I guess.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is the first time I've seen a specific ad for Mexico like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6j2_wFf6DU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
So that's a Mexican ad and an Australian ad we know of so far, I wonder how many other geo-specific Deadpool ads there are??

Edit: the Chinese promo was pretty low effort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoiq-3_twz4

Empire Magazine specific promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arRflgkc2Sg

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 4, 2016

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is the first time I've seen a specific ad for Mexico like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6j2_wFf6DU

Oh my god. I hate that dubbing voice...and the slangs. Ugh. Wish it would had been Reynolds talking broken Spanish instead.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 5, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's for Taiwan, not China.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

So did the Asian branch of Fox ask for the gong, or did marketing just figure that's what China loves?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Deadpool is banned from showing in China anyway.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TV news:

The Guest's Dan Stevens has been cast as the title character in FX's Legion. The more surprising news, however, is that Aubrey Plaza was cast in the same show as an "impossible optimist".

Legends of Tomorrow is actually teasing the appearance of Ma Hunkel.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

Legends of Tomorrow is actually teasing the appearance of Ma Hunkel.

Oh poo poo, the original Red Tornado!!
I wonder if it'll be her classic costume or something closer to her hi-tech Kingdom Come power armour

... or whether her helmet will just be sitting on a shelf in the background of some shot.

Maybe Agents of SHIELD will respond with a cameo by Forbush Man???

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Gyges posted:

So did the Asian branch of Fox ask for the gong, or did marketing just figure that's what China loves?
Again, Taiwan, not China. And whatever they're doing, it's working, because Deadpool's picking up mad traction here. They had what I think was the Asian premiere here a week or two ago, with Reynolds in attendance, and a couple of their promotional Facebook posts in Chinese picked up shares from some major political and activist figures because they cleverly, but in a way literally no-one outside Taiwan cares about, played on the results of the recent presidential and legislative elections. And in at least a couple of cases also kissed Taiwanese people's asses real well. Nothing gets Taiwanese people going like international attention to Taiwan and copious, overblown praise of the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

so Donnel's ol' tin hat got an upgrade after all

• Locked thread