Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
True, but i think with even 3 or 4 people driving race cars in a field of slower driveatar traffic could be fun. The variables of consistency, traffic, tire wear and pitting really spice up the racing. 5 minute races are a matter of "Whichever fast person happens to not be wrecked wins". Sure that could still happen in a 25 minute race, but its less likely.

(And personally i usually rocket away at the start and start falling behind lap by lap)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

GutBomb posted:

There are people that don't like Catalunya?

I didn't for a long time but it grew on me. I think my only unpopular track opinion now is that I don't care for Suzuka.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

True, but i think with even 3 or 4 people driving race cars in a field of slower driveatar traffic could be fun. The variables of consistency, traffic, tire wear and pitting really spice up the racing. 5 minute races are a matter of "Whichever fast person happens to not be wrecked wins". Sure that could still happen in a 25 minute race, but its less likely.

(And personally i usually rocket away at the start and start falling behind lap by lap)

I'm thinking hour long races, none of this 25 minute crap. I did forget about adding a class of drivatar cars though. That could be interesting. If we can get 6 or more people it sounds like a good idea.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Endurance racing? Cool, I can be Vadim Kogay.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

There are people that don't like Catalunya?

Catalunya is a race track and that is about the only opinion I have on it. It's not good enough to be memorable and has no really great sections, it isn't bad enough to be miserable or have anything inherently wrong with it. As far as modern tracks go it is acceptable. Like Mugello, or Nurb GP.

Not sure how anyone can get up an appreciable amount of dislike for it, but also can't ever see it being anyone's favorite track or a place they particularly look forward to racing on.

e: until this post I never even thought about the fact that Mugello is gone nor have I ever seen anyone mention it. I bet that'd be the case with Catalunya if it disappeared as well.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 1, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cubey posted:

Catalunya is a race track and that is about the only opinion I have on it. It's not good enough to be memorable and has no really great sections, it isn't bad enough to be miserable or have anything inherently wrong with it. As far as modern tracks go it is acceptable.

There are three corners I really like. The one that you can take flat right before the hairpin with the red paint off track, the corner after that (the one before the chicane) and then the corner after the chicane back on to the main straight. The School layout is also really fun for slow cars and drifting. It's a really underrated track.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Cubey posted:

Catalunya is a race track and that is about the only opinion I have on it. It's not good enough to be memorable and has no really great sections, it isn't bad enough to be miserable or have anything inherently wrong with it. As far as modern tracks go it is acceptable. Like Mugello, or Nurb GP.

Not sure how anyone can get up an appreciable amount of dislike for it, but also can't ever see it being anyone's favorite track or a place they particularly look forward to racing on.

e: until this post I never even thought about the fact that Mugello is gone nor have I ever seen anyone mention it. I bet that'd be the case with Catalunya if it disappeared as well.

I loved Mugello in 4 and miss it way more than Maple Valley.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
The only reason Catalunya is still around is because its a good MotoGP track qed.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'd drive the poo poo out of motorcycles in forza 7.Reminds me of when they changed the logo for 3 to that diablo-looking "III" everyone said stood for "Forza Watersports" when it leaked before E3.

As far as a weekend series of hour long races, what times are good/bad for everyone who might be interested? Perhaps we'd have to bump it up to the sportier tires to maximize the amount of pitting.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I'd drive the poo poo out of motorcycles in forza 7.Reminds me of when they changed the logo for 3 to that diablo-looking "III" everyone said stood for "Forza Watersports" when it leaked before E3.

As far as a weekend series of hour long races, what times are good/bad for everyone who might be interested? Perhaps we'd have to bump it up to the sportier tires to maximize the amount of pitting.

I figure we'd use real racecars so r and p class.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
We can call it "G.E.T.R.E.K.T: Goon Endurance, Touring, Racing and Expectation of Kinetic Trepidation"

I'm pretty wide open as far as times go, but i wonder if a morning slot would open it up to users that cant attend the evening GTCC races., perhaps even some euro users.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

What kinda cars you think for endurance stuff? I'd totally be down for races we its pit stops.

I should probably put some laps in. I've been to busy loving around with the F2002 in Asseto Corsa. And playing a loving mmo...I'm an idiot.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
What I'm interested in is racing prototypes. AI controlled cars driving the GT class.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

GutBomb posted:

What I'm interested in is racing prototypes. AI controlled cars driving the GT class.

Some sort of formula-spec car, say perhaps, a Ford?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This sound like a great idea, especially for nighttime races on Le Mans :getin:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

:stonkhat: I'll just... go over there now.

(Seriously though, the Formula Fords are hilarious)

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Weekend endurance racing? I'm in. I can actually make it on the weekends.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
More like the Daytona Prototypes from the latest DLC pack, or the Audis and Toyotas. Not an open wheel car.

If we can get this going that'd be awesome.

And for people that are intimidated by these cars, the real things race with traction control on (I think the only thing we would restrict would be the racing line), and their brakes are really quite powerful and the downforce generated makes them much easier to drive than you would suspect cars these fast would be. You can brake later than in a normal car and power through corners because of the downforce. You will run into trouble if you try to coast off throttle through corners though, just like formula cars.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 1, 2016

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I would like to endurance race. Weekend early afternoon seems like a time I would be free for that.

Track Chat:

metallicaeg posted:

I loved Mugello in 4 and miss it way more than Maple Valley.

I miss it too, but I always seem to overlook it when wishcasting tracks back into Forza.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The correct way to do weekend endurance races would be with 60s/70s cars in retro racing schemes.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

Looks like there's another unicorn: the 1977 Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Need to beat RBW Triton in the new Rivals event to win it. http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_february_community_bounty

Finally, new rivals events!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GutBomb posted:

This is a good idea.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Holy hell that car is garbage. I hope that turn 10 guy isn't very good. I've got a 1:52 and I doubt I'll get much better. The car is so heavy you have to start braking for a corner while the car is still in the factory.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I think a good guideline for the weekend series would be "Fast race cars, on track with other fast race cars". So we could have prototypes with GT cars this week, and 50s race cars with faster boring modern cars another week. Often in GTCC i fall in love with a weekly spec and wish i could use it again, so personally i'd like to keep the car spec for 2 or even 3 weeks between track changes.

Lets start this saturday. "P class prototypes", if you guys agree we can keep that spec next week as well.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
P class prototypes with AI controlled R class GT racecars one hour race on Daytona infield night. What time works for everyone that wants to race?

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I'd do weekend enduro. I wake up at 7ET so really almost anything works for me.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Holy hell that car is garbage. I hope that turn 10 guy isn't very good. I've got a 1:52 and I doubt I'll get much better. The car is so heavy you have to start braking for a corner while the car is still in the factory.

I got a 1.44 on my first hotlap. What tune are you using? I grabbed the tune of the #2 guy on the leaderboard and actually really liked how the car drove... shockingly.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Turns out downloading a tune doesn't actually install it. I went to load my tune and got a 1:45 after a couple laps. The car still sucks.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Catalunya Full is my go-to for testing tunes on cars S-Class and above. It seems to have a bit of everything. There are other great tracks for this (Prague Full comes to mind) but if I'm worried more about my braking points and racing line I'll subject myself to something like Hockenheimring. It seems to point out things like poor judgement in braking and turn-in, as well as more severe problems with brakes/suspension/top speed.

If turn one isn't a total disaster Catalunya seems to serve up some good racin'. Bonus: when you know which version it is and don't drive full-tilt into a wall.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Catalunya Full is my go-to for testing tunes on cars S-Class and above. It seems to have a bit of everything. There are other great tracks for this (Prague Full comes to mind) but if I'm worried more about my braking points and racing line I'll subject myself to something like Hockenheimring. It seems to point out things like poor judgement in braking and turn-in, as well as more severe problems with brakes/suspension/top speed.

If turn one isn't a total disaster Catalunya seems to serve up some good racin'. Bonus: when you know which version it is and don't drive full-tilt into a wall.

So can we expect you in the endurance series? Or does your new job make you work saturdays? :)

(i'll take whoever i can get, i fully expect 2-3 person rounds :( )

Lets call it 4PM EST. That way its not too early for west coasters, not too late for west coasters, and we might even catch a few euros. (and insomniac aussies). I hope we dont focus too much on R and P class because a ton of stuff could be fun under the "endurance" header. I'm ok with A class and above.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 2, 2016

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
I can't make it, though it sounds rad. I'll be gone all day looking at malt and drinking beer.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
At our meeting the proposed schedule was Tuesday - Saturday, something like 2pm-10:30pm, so no Saturday afternoon fun for me. The only consolation is that when I get home and settle in Saturday night (say, around 11:30pm after walking the dog and getting comfy) I don't have anywhere to be until Tuesday afternoon.
I will be asking management the question: "Which night makes more sense to have coverage due to business - Monday night or Saturday night?" If they say Saturday then there you go. If I can persuade them that Monday is more important then I might get weekends free. We can't cover both days until I train a 3rd coordinator, which could take months.

I expect to be hearing the call to come to work in the next two days. I know my drug screen came back negative. Just waiting on the Feds to complete my background check and get it through the proper channels.

Looks like I'm stuck with leagues and rivals, and Single player. It bums me out because I've built and tuned so many cars for leagues I've got a choice of cars for almost any situation.

I'm ready for the meth races (B 600 - I didn't want to change the stock wheels or put aero on):

(not enough paintable car surface to make it really accurate)

...and I am very pleased to have my A Class 037 Stradale back:

I also have a really pretty S Class '93 McClaren for the current "Birth of the SuperCar" league that I've fallen in love with. No pics yet, but it's brushed aluminum and black and it's pretty sharp. Really fun to drive.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That turn10 guy set a 1:39. Unless you're a top 1% leader board driver, you're not getting a 77 Vantage.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That sucks. It's one of my favorite cars from FM4, I drove it all the time. No way I'm gonna get it that way, though.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Cojawfee posted:

That turn10 guy set a 1:39. Unless you're a top 1% leader board driver, you're not getting a 77 Vantage.

I got dis.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cojawfee posted:

Even worse, the press release says he's going to keep improving his time this month.. so even if you beat him today, you still might not get it.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Weekend endurance racing sounds fun, but I usually can't do Saturdays. Don't move anything just for me, but if it were to happen on Sundays instead, I'd be available. Sounds like Howdy might be too.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I've been seeing an increasing amount of hitching and slowdown in Forza 6. It was barely noticeable at first but has gotten worse and worse. Just now, this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A7-Ueet5Fw

What. The gently caress :psyduck:

Is this happening to anyone else?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Never noticed anything that bad. The game certainly falls below 60fps occasionally when running multiplayer races though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Back away scrubs *cracks knuckles, prepares controller*

• Locked thread