Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Why do a buncha finns name themselves are swedish hurri gods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

I guess they don't like URL:s with queries in them. I didn't even think that would be a possibility in the year of our lord 1. (Anyway there's a bunch of Odins in Finland and some may even have sons. Also there are people with both the first name and last name of Reisi.)

ehkä hän on sukua kuuluisalle osmaaniamiraalille

suomessa elää myös mies nimeltä mies mies

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hogge Wild posted:

suomessa elää myös mies nimeltä mies mies

*slides in, kramer style* you rang?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

His Divine Shadow posted:

Why do a buncha finns name themselves are swedish hurri gods?

ehkä ne on ruotsinkielisiä

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
saisivat valita paremman nimen itelleen

soldiers of odin kuulostaa joltain vitun black metal bändiltä joka yrittää aivan liian kovaa olla seuraava burzum

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

soldiers of odinin pitäs nimetä ittensä Kosolan Kolleiksi imo

muokkaus: koska joku urpo tuo sen kuitenkin esille niin olkoon sitten Kosolan Kovat Kollit et saadaan se kolmaskin k sinne

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
ukon ukot

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligurin Lapset

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I know we have a small clique going on in this thread, but let's at least try to keep things on topic. I think we can only do so much about refugees in or out of Finland.

Like for example tomorrow, when the Finnish parliament starts to work this year. Next week the parliament will comment on the citizen initiative to toughen sentences on foreigners doing crimes before sending it off to the committee, where it will probably be shot down because human rights. And the week after that they have one about banning zero-hour work contracts. Exciting.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rexroom posted:

I know we have a small clique going on in this thread, but let's at least try to keep things on topic. I think we can only do so much about refugees in or out of Finland.

Like for example tomorrow, when the Finnish parliament starts to work this year. Next week the parliament will comment on the citizen initiative to toughen sentences on foreigners doing crimes before sending it off to the committee, where it will probably be shot down because human rights. And the week after that they have one about banning zero-hour work contracts. Exciting.

When is Väykkä's euro exit thing lined up to be laughed at?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ligurin Lapset

ligur taitaa olla lainasana

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

quote:

Uusien maahanmuuttoaaltojen (keltit, veneetit) vallatessa maita liguurit vetäytyivät historiallisten rajojensa taakse. Tämän vetäytymisen luonteesta on paljon keskusteltu. On esitetty lähinnä kolme oletusta: rauhallinen sekoittuminen muihin kansoihin, vapaaehtoinen vetäytyminen, sodat ja etninen puhdistus.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
googletin asiaa ja näyttää siltä että he olivat indoja

nyt ei kaikki täsmää

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Hogge Wild posted:

For shame, reis is a naval rank, not a name.

Read Waltari's Mikael Hakim, it's good

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Herman Merman posted:

For shame, reis is a naval rank, not a name.

Read Waltari's Mikael Hakim, it's good

jaa, muistin väärin

luin kaikki waltarin historialliset romaanit putkeen, ja se ei ole suositeltava tapa, niissä on kaikissa periaatteessa sama juoni ja samat henkilöt

hyvin kirjoitettuja ne kyllä on, ja sinuhen jälkeen mikael-sarja oli suosikkini

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Lol they seriously shut it down because it was more than just Ligur and Cardiac disagreeing with them

Ehhehehe. I didn't post there in a while that much, so just more than one poster (Cardiac) with a differing viewpoint forced them to simply shut down? To what end? That all the talking poitns vanish if you don't allow them? Or become unreal, not of this world?

I could understand if it was an absolute flood of posters shouting stuff like "daaahhrggrr, burn all foreigners at the stake!" but the talk was pretty loving mild and timid, mostly just harping at people who cover their ears and shout "lalalala" when faced with uncomortable (from their viepoint) facts ir problems... to which they respond with SHUTTING IT DOWN :haw:

And the angriest posters there said me and OhYeah! (or what other monsters under the bed exist) are completely wrong when we say they do not tolerate different views in Sweden :\ Good job proving us wrong there, ScandiMates. I'm sure all the posters you didn't like now completely changed views.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Hogge Wild posted:

vieläkin jaksaa naurattaa että suomalaisia on mukana ryhmässä nimeltä sons of odin

No Oodini sentään tulee naapurista, jeesukset sun muut jehovat tulee jostain aavikolta maailman perseestä*

*Ei Turusta

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

mitä vitun väliä, hurrit toi ne kaikki tänne. että sellasta kulttuuriin sopeutumista

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ligur posted:

Ehhehehe. I didn't post there in a while that much, so just more than one poster (Cardiac) with a differing viewpoint forced them to simply shut down? To what end? That all the talking poitns vanish if you don't allow them? Or become unreal, not of this world?

I could understand if it was an absolute flood of posters shouting stuff like "daaahhrggrr, burn all foreigners at the stake!" but the talk was pretty loving mild and timid, mostly just harping at people who cover their ears and shout "lalalala" when faced with uncomortable (from their viepoint) facts ir problems... to which they respond with SHUTTING IT DOWN :haw:

And the angriest posters there said me and OhYeah! (or what other monsters under the bed exist) are completely wrong when we say they do not tolerate different views in Sweden :\ Good job proving us wrong there, ScandiMates. I'm sure all the posters you didn't like now completely changed views.

You should totally start a more inclusive Scandipol-thread, where everyone is welcome, even Finns and that one Estonian guy.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

adhuin posted:

You should totally start a more inclusive Scandipol-thread, where everyone is welcome, even Finns and that one Estonian guy.

lol ligur, tee uusi skandilanka

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

adhuin posted:

I would totally be up for that. I could even get some more Estonian guys there to "culturally enrich" the discussions and debate.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
For us to post there it would have to be NordiPol thread (with Eastern neighbours tolerated) or at least I was told I am not supposed to Scandi-Post because I am not 1) a Scandinavian 2) You cannot comment or know anything about Scandinavian politics if you do not speak Scandic languages fluently.

You know, kinda like someone cannot post about Finnish sports results unless he speaks fluent Finnish, because sites that translate news have not been invented yet. There are no papers like Local.se or anything. Nope. Don't exist. Medias do not have foreign correspondents. That all is a futuristic fantasy.

Also the only thing they wanted to post about in the end was how shocking or wrong a "right-wing" man/woman/monster saying something was, or how racist something is (like the police doing something, whatever), or how Denmark has turned into a hole on the crust of the Earth and is the most shittiest place to be like evör because of some minor tweak in immigration, irrelevant the fact most Danes love it there and it's a great country by all known meters. And other, weird Scandistuff that made little sense to me. And of course to yell and scream at anyone who did not act according to the concensus. My suggestion is the regulars there make their own, closed thread, like "Scandinavian Left Politics for ONLY THOSE WHO THINK SIMILARLY (racism not allowed because we tolerate everyone, and everything we don't like is racism).

Hmm. That sounded a bit like here, you are about to say, as a cheap joke? Nah, FinPol has been awesome for ages, that thread was hideous in it's narrowminded and hostile left-wing echo chamber sort of way.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It would be awful lonely here if only people who know something about Finnish politics could post in this thread :smugmrgw:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

It would be awful lonely here if only people who know something about Finnish politics could post in this thread :smugmrgw:

Toivottavasti bensan hinta nousee sataseen litralta niin tiellä ei tulis vastaan kuin kavereita

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

Toivottavasti bensan hinta nousee sataseen litralta niin tiellä ei tulis vastaan kuin kavereita

Unlike most goons I'm capable of walking.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

Unlike most goons I'm capable of walking.

I thought walking on the streets gets you killed by soldiers of Odin

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/nnirvi/status/694337544478158848

https://twitter.com/nnirvi/status/694339021959532545

Videogames!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

:vince:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

jotkut asiat eivät koskaan muutu

#peliportti

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Minkäs maalaisia ne myyrät ja madot on Molezissa ja Lierossa? Entäs Tapan Kaikki -pelien vihut?

Nyt kyllä tekis mieli pelata vähän Molezia.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Spurgux was the height of Finnish roguelikes

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

His Divine Shadow posted:

are swedish hurri gods

new thread title btw.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Herman Merman posted:

Spurgux was the height of Finnish roguelikes

jonkun pitäis tehdä siitä uusioversio

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
For to improve verenpaine - bloodpressure, read a short entry about Suomen Valtion bisnesvainu. Toi 207 miltsillä myyty fosfaattikaivos on aivan käsittämätön keissi. Niinkuin sähkön siirtoverkot.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Jerry Cotton posted:

I guess they don't like URL:s with queries in them. I didn't even think that would be a possibility in the year of our lord 1. (Anyway there's a bunch of Odins in Finland and some may even have sons. Also there are people with both the first name and last name of Reisi.)

No one can beat the surname "Puukko-Ahmed" though

If I was her I'd name my kid Ahmed so he could introduce himself bond style "Ahmed, Puukko-Ahmed"

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
When are we going to get angry about the rampant corruption in the government and all the hyväveliverkosto

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

hillo posted:

When are we going to get angry about the rampant corruption in the government and all the hyväveliverkosto

That's just business as usual. Privatize a government company to cut costs and improve efficiency -> Company has monopoly over market -> Company raises prices to obnoxious levels -> Everyone acts as surprised.

It's as if they think companies try to act for the common good or something.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Rexroom posted:

That's just business as usual. Privatize a government company to cut costs and improve efficiency -> Company has monopoly over market -> Company raises prices to obnoxious levels -> Everyone acts as surprised.

If you ask Geriatric Pirate, that never happens because private business is altruistic and they never raise prices.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

hillo posted:

kyllä ihmiset ovat siitä vihaisia mutta heidän puolueensa selkään puukottivat heitä ja media haukkuu mokomia -isteiksi

ei ainakaan vihreät tai vasemmistoliitto näistä välitä kunhan kulttuuria rikastetaan ja apinoidaan ruotsalaisten naurettavaa hallitusta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rexroom posted:

ongelma on juuri siinä että kaikki suomalaiset puolueet ovat olleet mukana tekemässä sitä

on yhdentekevää onko hallituksessa vasureita vai ei, sama meno jatkuu