Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Ibogaine posted:

I like how the NTA chat is slowly turning into a Kevin admiration society.

proper trolling... leave the host alone, inflate his ego, kill his supporters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

VikingSkull posted:

proper trolling... leave the host alone, inflate his ego, kill his supporters

It's like a live performance where you are part performer, part audience.

And now he is talking about he is unbrainwashing his kids for half an hour after each school day. :psyboom:

EDIT: He says his kids have terrorist leanings! :pusheen:

Ibogaine has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Feb 1, 2016

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The comments on that article :staredog:

jre has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Feb 1, 2016

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'd really like to see the same people comment on all those Chicago dash cam police shootings. Oh wait no. No I wouldn't.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

InterFaced posted:

I'd really like to see the same people comment on all those Chicago dash cam police shootings.

quote:

Oh wait no. No I wouldn't.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

etalian posted:

FBI license plate is like the Ring girl for militia members.

If you don't occupy a Federal building in the next week then one of those people crawls out your TV screen and marries your daughter.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
He had a whole lot longer between "cops show up" and "is dead" than Tamir Rice did.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
^
:agreed:

If law enforcement routinely showed this level of restraint when dealing with armed/allegedly armed suspects the conversation regarding police shootings would be a lot different.

InterFaced posted:

I'd really like to see the same people comment on all those Chicago dash cam police shootings. Oh wait no. No I wouldn't.

Here, let me sum it up for you:

:freep: JUST DO WHAT THE POLICE TELL YOU TO DO WHEN THEY TELL YOU TO DO IT AND THEY WON'T SHOOT YOU!!!!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I love that Revolution Radio went to broadcast the protest totally unprepared and ran out of juice. It's so apt. Vanilla Isis is also really bad at chanting and it is driving me absolutely nuts. They either choose some weird chant with too many syllables or when they do manage to pare it down they try and rush over certain words and it's just a mess.

Also: "No YOU go home!"

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I leave the slack line on this thread for 400 posts and come in and hope there has been something happening

there isn't!!

:argh:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Dely Apple posted:

I leave the slack line on this thread for 400 posts and come in and hope there has been something happening

there isn't!!

:argh:

the comedy transitioned from the situation itself into the communities surrounding it, and the only way you're gonna get laughs is by engaging with it via stream chats and the like

it'll pick back up again once violence occurs I'd imagine

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
i'm seeing a ton of comments about how it's bad because it was an AMBUSH

they AMBUSHED him that makes it SUPER BAD

like, do they think there's a law against surprise arrest or something?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone needs to set the death of old man Winkerbean to "Sabotage"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

theflyingorc posted:

i'm seeing a ton of comments about how it's bad because it was an AMBUSH

they AMBUSHED him that makes it SUPER BAD

like, do they think there's a law against surprise arrest or something?

they are referring to the second roadblock where Lavoy died, some of them seem to think that a police roadblock is illegal if it's hidden by a blind corner

same thinking that makes druggies think that a cop has to say yes if you ask "are you a cop"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

VikingSkull posted:

they are referring to the second roadblock where Lavoy died, some of them seem to think that a police roadblock is illegal if it's hidden by a blind corner

same thinking that makes druggies think that a cop has to say yes if you ask "are you a cop"

some of them literally say "there were a lot of them so it's an ambush"

the only way to arrest is showdowns at high noon, I guess

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

If police can't quick draw the gun from my hand and the hat from my head, they're acting illegally.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

theflyingorc posted:

lol even if it was a showdown Lavoy woulda died

haha

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

theflyingorc posted:

the only way to arrest is showdowns at high noon, I guess reckon

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
skin that tarpwagon, see what happens

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

lol even if it was a showdown Lavoy woulda died

haha

It was suicide by cop. Even the delusional and stripper-named Shawna Cox says he was yelling for the cops to "Just shoot me!" before inciting them to actually shoot him. Of course she also claims they shot him repeatedly after he was down, and that the cops Bonny and Clyded the truck after he got out, but still.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here's something for the Dildonians. You can train eagles to take down drones. That's a project they could start working on to stave off the boredom.
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/694297169201745920

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Are they still going with the "hands up" defense? Even Alex loving Jones mumbled something about reaching into his pocket on his podcast

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingorc posted:

The correct way to arrest a true patriot is to get in touch with him and make a polite request. If he consents to the arrest then he will make his way to the local law enforcement office. If he does not consent then the arrest is nullified and the matter is closed.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ivor Biggun posted:

The correct way to arrest a true patriot is to get in touch with him and make a polite request. If he consents to the arrest then he will make his way to the local law enforcement office. If he does not consent then the arrest is nullified and the matter is closed.

Ah but they claim the government controls all the land up there which means they were trespassing on government land since no consent to travel was given which means the feds were free to do whatever they wished

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhyteRyce posted:

Ah but they claim the government controls all the land up there which means they were trespassing on government land since no consent to travel was given which means the feds were free to do whatever they wished

The gov't has no right to restrict the travel of a sovcit, because they are not engaged in business. Therefore it's fine and reasonable to squat at bird camp.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
I like how they said the police had no reason to be aggressive too. It's almost as if they weren't driving down a long, straight stretch of road where they could not see a roadblock. Logically, the most intelligent decision to make is not slow down and veer into the snow bank at the last minute!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

I hate yankees posted:

I like how they said the police had no reason to be aggressive too. It's almost as if they weren't driving down a long, straight stretch of road where they could not see a roadblock. Logically, the most intelligent decision to make is not slow down and veer into the snow bank at the last minute!

To be fair the roadblock was indeed behind a curve, which is why I've barely said that Lavoy tried to run down a fed. He honestly did try to avoid them.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Get u're tarp ready I'm finicum

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
CONFIRMED: During a phoner on Revolution Radio's livestream, the Fab 4 confirm they are still in the refuge

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

CONFIRMED: During a phoner on Revolution Radio's livestream, the Fab 4 confirm they are still in the refuge

Has "the Flab 4" been coined yet?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Correct me on some info if it's wrong:

There are still 4 idiots in the building.
They are being electronically isolated(?) which I take to mean they can't use cel phones and they have no power.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

fyodor posted:

They are being electronically isolated(?) which I take to mean they can't use cel phones and they have no power.

there are 4 left, yes

thinking was they were victims of electronic warfare as they have been silent for 36 hours, but they are LIVE on a stream right now, which Kevin is streaming on the NTA stream which is linked in the OP

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

David Fry is hilarious "please guys help us by overthrowing the federal government is all."

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

fyodor posted:

Not in the building. Camped on the road a little way down from the building. We don't know whether power to the building was cut because they're not in the building.

David Fry was able to receive incoming calls yesterday but couldn't call out or get net service. The others could do nothing on their phones.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

fyodor posted:

David Fry is hilarious "please guys help us by overthrowing the federal government is all."

Once my rascal is charged up I'll see if mom can bring me over.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I still can't comprehend why they aren't in the building. I mean I get they think it makes some logical sense but I'm at a loss for what it might be.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
lol the stream is now a literal echo chamber

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Ape of Naples posted:

I still can't comprehend why they aren't in the building. I mean I get they think it makes some logical sense but I'm at a loss for what it might be.

Pretty sure the building is in a valley and they moved to higher ground partly so they can see the authorities coming.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Are they still going with the "hands up" defense? Even Alex loving Jones mumbled something about reaching into his pocket on his podcast

They're a bunch of entitled babies so of course they aren't acknowledging clear facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Lolie posted:

Pretty sure the building is in a valley and they moved to higher ground partly so they can see the authorities coming.

It's only a valley in the technical sense. There is a very very large flat expanse and then a sort of short (you can walk up it in sub 5 minutes) ridge right behind the refuge headquarters.