Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

pathetic little tramp posted:

Carson is "taking a break" after Iowa, just turned 250 40 cent shares into 250 50 cent shares toot toot.

does this qualify for the dropout market? Not sure how to interpret the rules, but everyone else is crashing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

pathetic little tramp posted:

Carson is "taking a break" after Iowa, just turned 250 40 cent shares into 250 50 cent shares toot toot.

This is at least the fourth break he's taken. I still have 150 shares but I managed to reduce my basis from 88 to 61.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

thethreeman posted:

does this qualify for the dropout market? Not sure how to interpret the rules, but everyone else is crashing

I think it qualifies if he stays on break for a week without announcing he will resume.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Trump won this

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
GOP market seems to be correcting while the DEM market is still crazy town

Also the site is crawling lol

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
If Hillary manages to lose, I made enough money flipping Trump that I'm going to break even on the day. I can accept that.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Clinton has gone up as well I'm tempted to offload her just to be safe :ohdear:

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Holy hell PredictIt needs to get some on demand compute power or something

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

trump sweep jumped. can't see it going much higher than $.75 tonight, right?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

I got chicken and sold all my Trump coming in 2nd and broke even, which ended up being good because it's crashing now. Rubio is surging to 32. I can't see him placing 2nd.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The site is so slow I can barely do anything on it.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Necc0 posted:

Clinton has gone up as well I'm tempted to offload her just to be safe :ohdear:

It really looks like she won.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

watwat posted:

Holy hell PredictIt needs to get some on demand compute power or something

yeah, they've gotta be missing out on a ton of money by being this slow

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
The slowness of the site caused me to not be able to cancel my Sanders NO offers in time and they just sold for 75 cents. I made a good profit, but I had just decided it was time to hold until the end.

edit: It's my own fault. Have the courage of your convictions, fellow bettors.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Uuunnghh it's been so nice watching my gain/loss steadily go from like -30 to +36 as of now. Today's the day! Gonna be up $100 by the end of the night!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

It really looks like she won.

Yup I held steady. Turning a very healthy profit tonight :wotwot:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat it I bought hillary shares when she started to take the lead, but the site messed up due to the heavy load and didnt get my order. :rip: 20 bucks of profits!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm up $61!!! Woooo baby!!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
COME ON TRUMP

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Now I don't know if I should sell my trump :ohdear:

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I got chicken and sold all my Trump coming in 2nd and broke even, which ended up being good because it's crashing now. Rubio is surging to 32. I can't see him placing 2nd.

I dumped Trump earlier and transitioned into Clinton, which felt like a slightly safer bet.

Edit: I might buy a little Rubio for second place before the larger precincts come in, because I think he has a shot - but that won't be clear until the cities report.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

are people able to access the site right now? it hasn't loaded for me in about 10min

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I wish my BUSH.DROPOUT.NO would resolve so I had more money to play with tonight. Then again, vodka.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
God I wish I had had more $ to drop on Trump NO's when it was 10. Lesson learned. Have dry powder on hand for the actual event
My account just swing $2k in between PI being down!

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I was so dumb to sell these, I bought them back at 45. I hate myself right now. At least I did quite well by betting against Bernie and the Carson drop out swings.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:negative:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My Hillary for the nomination shares are already making me 200 bucks today :homebrew:

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Ugh. Trying to sell my Trump shares but can't. site too slow. fuckkk.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
The site is so slow I couldn't flip these shares even if I wanted to.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
COME ON CRUZ BABY YEAH :rolldice:

make up for all my poor life decision gambling losses!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I wouldve gone in harder on Cruz+Hillary but I didn't want to go too crazy

def wish I sold my few cruz.no when it was at 85+ though

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original
Man, I didn't think I would have even more reason to hate Trump.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
gently caress you Ted Cruz. gently caress you so much.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Come on, guys. Even I, a staunch Trump supporter, knew not to bet on him for Iowa. Go Cruz go!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Man, should've held onto my Trump Sweep NO longer.

Fun thing to learn about tonight - PredictIt people will panic buy and sell all over the place for early results.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Haha I wend from down $400 by their counter as the caucus began to up $200 right now. Always bet on evil.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I have tried to sell my Trump shares at .55, .49, .39, .27 and now .15 and nothing has gone through. gently caress this site.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Turn those machines back on! Sell sell sell!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Gyges posted:

Haha I wend from down $400 by their counter as the caucus began to up $200 right now. Always bet on evil.

Hell yeah. Now I'm wishing I picked up more than 50 shares of Cruz immediately prior but oh well. I was betting on him getting at least some good news here and there and a slight surge, but this is incredible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I was so dumb to sell these, I bought them back at 45. I hate myself right now. At least I did quite well by betting against Bernie and the Carson drop out swings.

Managed to flip them for 80.

The site sucks right now, but if I can get anything thru I'm going to start betting for Trump if I can get them on the cheap. It appears that the smaller precinct sites are reporting first (rural) which should benefit Cruz. I'll bet the numbers will start drifting back to Trump as the evening goes on

• Locked thread