Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

cliven bundy (the dad) has decided his son is a bitch and has declared himself the leader of the 4 people remaining at the refuge and issued new demands

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/01/oregon-armed-militia-standoff-cliven-ammon-bundy-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge

quote:

“What this is saying is that Cliven Bundy is taking control of things,” Cliven said in an interview from his ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada, on Monday afternoon. “If we don’t retain it, then we’ve lost everything that we’ve done in the last two months. We’re not gonna give up.”

He added: “This is not Ammon’s message. This is my message ... We’ve made a decision to retain it ... The feds are going to get out of there.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
But we just HAD Christmas!! :haw:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Just when I thought I was out....

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Goatfather posted:

cliven bundy (the dad) has decided his son is a bitch and has declared himself the leader of the 4 people remaining at the refuge and issued new demands

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/01/oregon-armed-militia-standoff-cliven-ammon-bundy-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge

It's go time.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Lol think Kev is getting tired of Dave.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this loving thread

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
lol at "We the people of Harney County" sent from nevada.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

The Ape of Naples posted:

I still can't comprehend why they aren't in the building. I mean I get they think it makes some logical sense but I'm at a loss for what it might be.

TACTICS! *hoots wildly and shoots into the air*

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The Goatfather posted:

How did he manage to misspell the name of the wildlife refuge in this silly piece of pseudolegal mumbojumbery?

The stupidity of these people is truly amazing. :allears:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
caller calls Dave

"DIG UP LAVOY AND SHOOT HIM AGAIN, DAVID IS THE HERO!"

hahahaha

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
"Mr. President, you need to read this."

Obama unfolded the letter and began to read. His ever-present confidence drained from his face as his keen Kenyan eyes scanned the page. "He--ah--notarized it," Obama muttered. "He--ah--thought of everything. My God--we've been beaten. Unroll my--ah--my prayer rug, John. I'm going to need to pray extra hard today."

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
If I was a resident of Harney County Oregon it might be kind of annoying having some racist old dirtfarming welfare queen from Nevada speaking for me.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I like this because it's so stupid. The answer is just a simple :yeah:

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Just when I thought I was out....

Something something username + post combo

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I like to imagine JK Simmons from Burn After Reading getting these reports and inane documents.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I still can't comprehend why they aren't in the building. I mean I get they think it makes some logical sense but I'm at a loss for what it might be.

Minimizing the prison sentence

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

The legal defense of the four geniuses in the compound is "we're just camping", which is why they're outside in the cold. Regardless of the fact that Dave filmed himself in the buildings repeatedly and waved his camera around enough that there's probably footage of the other three in there.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Somebody call up David and ask him if he's got plenty of stairs in the area for use as protective structures.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
these guys and their supporters are fully aware of the limited number of ways this can end and that the fbi is listening to the stream, and yet two different patriot groups have called in expressing support, with one making a vague threat if anything should happen to the fatuous 4

how is this q&a even happening?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Somebody call up David and ask him if he's got plenty of stairs in the area for use as protective structures.

Deep cut.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

AbbadonOfHell posted:

if you're at the top of the stairs the government can just push you down and kill you without firing a shot

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Murderion posted:

The legal defense of the four geniuses in the compound is "we're just camping", which is why they're outside in the cold. Regardless of the fact that Dave filmed himself in the buildings repeatedly and waved his camera around enough that there's probably footage of the other three in there.

Yes, but they were just collecting abandoned supplies. Visiting a public building that wasn't locked or anything. Campers do that all the time.

e: they should leave bad yelp reviews due to the poor service they received while visiting the building.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

The Goatfather posted:

if you're at the top of the stairs the government can just push you down and kill you without firing a shot

Indeed, we just had a Rainbow Road reference too for some reason.

I've taken on the keyboard warrior title Col. Abbadon of the 666th DVORAK division as well.

This poo poo is still a goldmine it's amazing.

Argh
Feb 15, 2005
in way early before puppetmaster

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Novo posted:

these guys and their supporters are fully aware of the limited number of ways this can end and that the fbi is listening to the stream, and yet two different patriot groups have called in expressing support, with one making a vague threat if anything should happen to the fatuous 4

how is this q&a even happening?

FBI restricted it at their own choosing.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

slidebite posted:

True. Pretty much the ultimate echo chamber.

theyre so like us

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Goatfather posted:

yo as a citizen of the united states i did not give my consent for him to add me to his gay baby protest paper

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

So dumbass driving around baiting cops with an expired registration? Stay tuned.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

system protocol posted:

So dumbass driving around baiting cops with an expired registration? Stay tuned.

It's gonna happen.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

system protocol posted:

I lust for retard death.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
"I DO NOT WANT MY PROPERTY INJURED!" -Governor Wildstar 2016

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Bundy should run for President.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
"We the people of the citizens of the United States"?

Ive read that like five times now and it sounds retarded

Or am I retarded?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Since the Hammond family likes setting fires maybe the government could target their property with a napalm strike?

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
so is clive bundy driving there or taking a plane or what

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ambushsabre posted:

so is clive bundy driving there or taking a plane or what

lol if you think he's getting off his rear end to do anything, much like anyone else in this movement. I can't believe he really thinks a one-paragraph letter is all it takes to declare himself the feudal lord of the Malheur Fiefdom.

V I love that we now live in an age where I can pause a video on youtube and see a man's soul leave his body.

red19fire has issued a correction as of 04:34 on Feb 2, 2016

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

To be fair the roadblock was indeed behind a curve, which is why I've barely said that Lavoy tried to run down a fed. He honestly did try to avoid them.

He died the way he lived. Barely dodging feds and being a big piece of poo poo.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

never trust an elf posted:

"We the people of the citizens of the United States"?

Ive read that like five times now and it sounds retarded

Or am I retarded?

It's retarded, yeah. You could still be retarded, too, though. I don't know you well enough to know.

forward pass
Dec 9, 2005

Y'all get back now.
God, I love their tears so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

forward pass posted:

God, I love their tears so much.

literal tears, this isn't a figurative statement