Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to win the Super Bowl
This poll is closed.
Manning 128 17.85%
Newton 384 53.56%
Meteor 83 11.58%
*snort* ahem, I won't be partaking in your SUPERB OWL, i will be watchin league and esports instead *snort* 122 17.02%
Total: 572 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sash! posted:

Dan Rooney lives there and he's like 11,000 years old

Did you know he's an ambassador to Ireland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Time to pretend like I've agreed with 538 all season.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but al and cris are about to have even more fun on TV: NBC splitting Thursday Night Football with CBS

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/01/nfl-thursday-night-football-rights-nbc-cbs

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

NC-17 posted:

They should only label SB winners on there, removing one 07 fraud and demonstrating Manning uber alles.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but al and cris are about to have even more fun on TV: NBC splitting Thursday Night Football with CBS

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/01/nfl-thursday-night-football-rights-nbc-cbs

Imagine paying $45 million for the rights to host Jacksonville/Tennessee in November

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Huh, looks like "per-play value over average" is inversely proportional to "grit" and "playing the game the right way"

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

bows1 posted:

Anyone watching this super bowl media night?

It's not great so far

Yeah it's kinda boring, but it did give us this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Agronox posted:

Huh, looks like "per-play value over average" is inversely proportional to "grit" and "playing the game the right way"

if there's anything to say about kenny the snake, it ain't that he played the right way son

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

TFF favorite PFTCommenter is on today's episode of Slate's Hang Up and Listen sports podcast.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I wish Wade Phillips was my dad. I also wish he didn't coach the Broncos. And for my final wish I wish for three more wishes haha!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

speaking of dads, mine had free time today

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

pmchem posted:

They should only label SB winners on there, removing one 07 fraud and demonstrating Manning uber alles.

But then Dolphins fans couldn't self loathe over Marino's 84 season.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

When I was 4 or 5 my Aunt and Uncle lived in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We used to drive there at night for long weekends once or twice a year. I was terrified the whole time because I thought that Pennsylvania was like Transylvania and there were vampires everywhere.

Now that I'm older I realize no one who lives forever would be caught dead there.

That's cool. I built a large building near Terrace Park 2 years ago, and Cincinnati is nothing but sprawl, White Castle and Skyline unless you're downtown

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Imagine paying $45 million for the rights to host Jacksonville/Tennessee in November

Sounds great imo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

FizFashizzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21UP0frYg-E&t=39s

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

NC-17 posted:

Where is Dilfer

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Yeah it's kinda boring, but it did give us this

This is great

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DOOP posted:

Where is Dilfer

Well, the Dilf had ~260 plays in 2000, so I'm guessing he's that dot just above and to the left of Peyton

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

colquitt seen punting for ten yards after another Broncos drive ends in tragedy

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
You can place a prop bet on whether or not PFTCommentor gets kicked out of Super Bowl Media Days (and he is favored to!). Where is my wallet??

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NC-17 posted:

man, poor Vince Ferragamo

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

"Andy Reid could be an instagram fupa model." - PFTCommenter on Hang up and Listen

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Why is there a midget in a costume with a Broncos shiny hat on

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

man, poor Vince Ferragamo

Huh, he was a seldom used 3rd year player who put up a real lovely line in 5 games that year.

Then in the playoffs put up three pretty bland performances, but man, that first game sure looks like something . Against the Cowboys he goes 9/21, for 210 yards, 3 TD's and 2 ints. The last TD coming late in the 4th quarter on a 50 yard pass while the Rams were down 5.

The next year he throws for 30 TD's and almost leads the league in a bunch of passing stats and then he spends the next few years sucking his way to the CFL.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That's cool. I built a large building near Terrace Park 2 years ago, and Cincinnati is nothing but sprawl, White Castle and Skyline unless you're downtown

Counterpoint.

That's like 8 minutes from my house and it's got even lazy rear end me cooking Thai food, Morrocan food, whatever kind of food. And the fact that it drives the local prices down into the basement means there's waaaay more variety than a stupid little satellite neighborhood like what I live in should have for restaurants. Do I drive three minutes one way and have Colombian or three minutes the other way and have Peruvian?

Too bad I make almost no money so I can't eat out often.

I just need to find a halfway decent real Chinese food place and I'm in business.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Then in the playoffs put up three pretty bland performances, but man, that first game sure looks like something . Against the Cowboys he goes 9/21, for 210 yards, 3 TD's and 2 ints. The last TD coming late in the 4th quarter on a 50 yard pass while the Rams were down 5.

FuckItImGoingDeep.txt

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Real talk Cincinnati sucks but it could suck a lot more and at least you're paying almost nothing to live there. I could live (and have lived) in a lovely expensive place.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

That's a goon dad alright

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Cincinnati is cool and it is right across the river from Covington which has good cheap bourbon which makes it good

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

Ammanas posted:

It's not exactly the drivers, its the city itself. Driving there is a nightmare, with excessive traffic, confusing roads, difficult laws...the bay area sucks

it's really not that bad (traffic being the worst in that list), poo poo boston is like 5x as bad for all the reasons you listed

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

These Panthers interviews are :3: as gently caress. Also, Cam is wearing a towel wrapped around his head like a bandana, which owns on several levels.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Real Mad I couldn't find anyone who wanted to go to media night :sigh:

Nov 6, 2002

TubeStank posted:

Cincinnati is cool and it is right across the river from Covington which has good cheap bourbon which makes it good

Also you have to try the chili. They serve it with chocolate and cinnamon over pasta. Can you imagine!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hahahaha... the seats I have the rights to at Levi's via my SBL (and did not get the opportunity to purchase for the Super Bowl) are on sale on Stubhub for $3300 a piece.

That's a special kind of frustrating.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Hahahaha... the seats I have the rights to at Levi's via my SBL (and did not get the opportunity to purchase for the Super Bowl) are on sale on Stubhub for $3300 a piece.

That's a special kind of frustrating.

The gently caress

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Metapod posted:

The gently caress

The 25 seats they didn't give away to corporate sponsors were raffled off for the opportunity to purchase. I did not win the raffle

I was going to sell them anyway, but that's beside the point

Edit: I was being loving facetious but 2,500 tickets were made available to season ticket holders

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_29460586/york-2-500-super-bowl-tickets-went-49ers

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 2, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Levi's denizens should burn the stadium down imo.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Not to be outdone, Josh Norman has a Panthers-themed luchador mask on. I love this team.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
PFTCommenter is the greatest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

That's a good dad