Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
2.1%

BERNIE GAINING AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:
https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/694349879267586048
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
rubio's only 4 points behind trump now lmao

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Thump! posted:

It's great to see Hillary supporters' only line being "She's a woman!!!!"

gently caress off they had been arguing for 20 minutes about policy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

trump getting wrecked

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Rubio at 21.2 jesus christ

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

TRUMP
STUMPED

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I think that the democrats are a lot closer than most Hillary supporters thought they would be. She is a liar and a terrible person though and maybe Iowans are slightly more intelligent than people thought?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Oh The Yoogemanity

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

so is the consensus that the anyone but trump or cruz vote is gelling behind rubio?
looks like it

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Trump about to drop below 25%

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
i hope trump comes in 3rd

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope Joementum is extremely smug right now at all the Trumpets that screamed at him for not taking trump seriously

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

biznatchio posted:

Be careful about getting excited about Bernie's 2% gap. His support is extremely centralized, which clips how many delegates he can get, and winning delegates is what actually wins the election.

Hillary only up by 2% in votes, but up by 15% in delegates.

He needs to get like 2/3 of the remaining delegates to win. He'll get a lot of them, but I don't think quite that much.

The one or two delegates that are the actual difference between first and second place will make zero difference. Iowa is all about getting to say you won. That's it.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum
:siren:Breaking News!:siren:

Gilmore enters the double digits with 10 votes!

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
Gilmentum is just no match for the electoral powerhouse that is "Other"

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~

blue squares posted:

gently caress off they had been arguing for 20 minutes about policy

but don't you know women all think with their vaginas? #feelthebern

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

CNNs coverage is pretty good tonight

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

President Ted Cruz lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Logikv9 posted:

TRUMP
STUMPED

I look forward to the post-caucus statement ritual sacrifice of virgins to call down the sky.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If Cruz wins he will have the slimiest, most disgusting celebration speech ever.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

just a reminder

as a prediction, iowa caucuses since 1972 according to wikipedia, the dem caucus is right 43% of the time and the gop caucus is right 50% of the time

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Mr Hootington posted:

just got home and checking my county on that map thing. lol at the split between Sanders and Clinton across the county. The precincts that went Clinton are the richer areas. The precincts that went Sanders are poorer.

Oh, word?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
This CSPAN2 caucus stream is :gonk:

I can't believe this is how the most powerful country on the planet chooses its leader.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

biznatchio posted:

Be careful about getting excited about Bernie's 2% gap. His support is extremely centralized, which clips how many delegates he can get, and winning delegates is what actually wins the election.

Hillary only up by 2% in votes, but up by 15% in delegates.

He needs to get like 2/3 of the remaining delegates to win. He'll get a lot of them, but I don't think quite that much.

That is not the vote total. The vote total is not even reported out of the precincts, that is the % of delegates won.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Cruz is basically pulling off an 8 point swing against Trump. Trailed by 4.5 in polls, might win by 3.5%

Can he pull of 10% swings in NH or SC, where he doesn't have the Iowa ground game advantage he had tonight???

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SAVE US TRUMP

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

538 is tentatively calling for Cruz.

Really good night for Rubio.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
LOL I require Trump tears. Feed me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Reason posted:

I think that the democrats are a lot closer than most Hillary supporters thought they would be. She is a liar and a terrible person though and maybe Iowans are slightly more intelligent than people thought?

No she isn't, she's actually an extremely great person who's worked her whole life to do what's right.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
From the New York Times's Page, it doesn't look like which counties previously went for Obama/Clinton in 2008 has had an effect: http://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/primaries/iowa

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm sorry Bernie people but it's practically a statistical certainty that Hillary "won".

However, it was still an extremely strong showing for Bernie, and he's definitely still in it.

Basically the perfect outcome for me, a person who only hoped that Hillary "won" with a majority of the vote, but still likes Bernie more.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Venom Snake posted:

I hope Joementum is extremely smug right now at all the Trumpets that screamed at him for not taking trump seriously

Counterpoint: Donald Trump is second in Iowa, a state he absolutely should not be winning by any means

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

We have three missing people in Polk County.

Is it the Dufranes? Dufranes, party of 3?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Slate Action posted:

Oh The Yoogemanity

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't wait for Trump to get third in Iowa and blow his loving brains out on TV

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Venom Snake posted:

Remember, we'll still get speeches from the candidates tonight. I eagerly await Trump's :getin: :munch:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump supporters are racist, white, stupid, and also lazy. News at 11.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Joementum was right and Boosted was wrong, who could have guessed

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

a cop posted:

I'm sorry Bernie people but it's practically a statistical certainty that Hillary "won".

However, it was still an extremely strong showing for Bernie, and he's definitely still in it.

The primary will be a rollercoaster ride, since Bernie is almost certainly winning NH, and Hillary is almost certainly winning SC

Super Tuesday is going to be nervewrackign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
New Hampshire better be willing to do what Iowa could and Make America Great Again

• Locked thread