Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Tonight just proved that this election cycle was only different in terms of allowing the clown car to exist longer than normal, but in the end, the most electable candidate in the general election wins the nomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

No Butt Stuff posted:

why would you vote on a recount instead of just recounting

Oh, Iowans, always trying to make the state more Floridian in election years.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
CNN: Bernie will declare victory win or lose tonight.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AsInHowe posted:

Donald Trump, a loser who lost tonight.

What a failure, both tonight, and overall in life. Sad, really.

Good start to 2016, looking forward to him burning himself down in his own citadel.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

No one though Trump had any chance of winning Iowa until like a week or two ago. And now the media is making it sound like the end of the world that he's going to get second. The expectation game is a cruel mistress.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SANDERS 4.39 CLINTON 4.55 ABOVE .5 YOU ROUND UP HENCE 4 DELEGATES SANDERS 5 DELEGATES FOR CLINTON

lol I love this delegate math (cspan2)

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

EwokEntourage posted:

Not a funny joke on my part I guess. :shrug:

oh

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mitt Romney posted:

I saw that too, "source: sanders to declare victory no matter vote total"

Somehow I doubt that source

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Money gives the win to Hillary again!

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

does anyone have that funny video of the Republican debate edited in such a way to make Jeb Bush look like a weenie and Trump acting like a bully? I'm trying to find it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

:lol:

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Carson still at 10% :psypop:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

No Butt Stuff posted:

"THE FORMULA"

you mean division?

NO MOTHER IT'S A FORMULA THIS IS VERY SCIENTIFIC

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/694352565794897920

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
WHERE IS ELIZABETH?!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress bernie sanders and his supporters

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

OctoberBlues posted:

No one though Trump had any chance of winning Iowa until like a week or two ago. And now the media is making it sound like the end of the world that he's going to get second. The expectation game is a cruel mistress.

Good thing Trump has been saying over and over that Iowa never picks winners :laugh:

If he can rebound and win NH then this won't matter too much. If he loses NH too then I think he's done

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL everyone was in agreement Cruz would win Iowa until Trump's late surge, but thanks for the historical revisionism.

he's on his way to third, marcomania is running wild on trump

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sitchensis posted:

does anyone have that funny video of the Republican debate edited in such a way to make Jeb Bush look like a weenie and Trump acting like a bully? I'm trying to find it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YzMh5qV2i0

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

Tonight just proved that this election cycle was only different in terms of allowing the clown car to exist longer than normal, but in the end, the most electable candidate in the general election wins the nomination.

It's loving IOWA dude. They voted for SANTORUM. Trump's still in it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Can Iowa do the nation a solid and give Rubio 2nd and Trump 3rd? That'd be fuckin sweet, corn dudes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

TyrantWD posted:

But then why did Cruz win?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

a cop posted:

I'm sorry Bernie people but it's practically a statistical certainty that Hillary "won".

However, it was still an extremely strong showing for Bernie, and he's definitely still in it.

Yeah I'm an unreasonably stubborn person who refuses to face reality but he's just not crawling fast enough, seems like it's starting to calcify at a 1-2 point lead. Perhaps it'll get closer but even so.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

Cruz is basically pulling off an 8 point swing against Trump. Trailed by 4.5 in polls, might win by 3.5%

Can he pull of 10% swings in NH or SC, where he doesn't have the Iowa ground game advantage he had tonight???

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SAVE US TRUMP

NH doesn't have the large evangelical population which frequently out performs its polls in Iowa, so I wouldn't worry too much about Cruz in NH. Rubio on the other hand...

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

a cop posted:

SANDERS 4.39 CLINTON 4.55 ABOVE .5 YOU ROUND UP HENCE 4 DELEGATES SANDERS 5 DELEGATES FOR CLINTON

lol I love this delegate math (cspan2)

are the sanders folks unhappy about math?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Mitt Romney posted:

This will probably be his Dean Scream.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
BERNIE DOWN 1.6%

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How was the spokesman at Cruz HQ on CNN just now such a terrible public speaker?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
BERNIE NOW ONLY DOWN 1.6%

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Iowa City can't report the numbers because the precinct chair's phone battery is dead. Caucuses own.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Gyges posted:

Can Iowa do the nation a solid and give Rubio 2nd and Trump 3rd? That'd be fuckin sweet, corn dudes.

Rubio is creeping up in the results, so there's still a chance.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Sleeping doctor? Hell, he's got my vote.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lmao. Thank you Gods.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TyrantWD posted:

This cycle is very loving different. First time Democrats have rejected the grassroots candidate in favor of the establishment, while Republicans have rejected the establishment candidate in favor of the grassroots.

Could you imagine calling Ted Cruz the grassroots candidate a year ago?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Where are people getting separate delegate and vote counts for the Dems?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

1.6% difference?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

Good thing Trump has been saying over and over that Iowa never picks winners :laugh:

If he can rebound and win NH then this won't matter too much. If he loses NH too then I think he's done

If he doesn't win NH he's definitely finished. Looks like skipping the debate did hurt him and Rubio benefitted the most from it.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bernie back to within 1.6%!

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Politico has Rand Paul coming in higher than JEB! I feel pretty good about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~

sitchensis posted:

https://vine.co/v/i5nPJYlziZL

• Locked thread