Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pohl posted:

Burn Iowa to the ground. loving lol.
Who the gently caress votes for Cruz?

loving Iowans, that's who. There's a reason the national party has been ramping up threats over the past few cycles to move Iowa further back into the year because they keep picking garbage evangelical candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

frankenfreak posted:

:lol: at the thread title already being updated.

i hope its premature

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Jewel Repetition posted:

If Rubio beats Trump I'm just going to stay in long enough to see Trump's meltdown, maybe wait until he's eclipsed on predictwise, then go back to blissful apathy about primaries.

Rubio could actually win the General, so...

The very idea makes my rear end clench up.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
maybe it's the unfavorability?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

stoutfish posted:

maybe it's the unfavorability?

Maybe YOU'RE unfavorable.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Louisgod posted:

5, 8885

3 again

He said numbers not the metric tonnage of your jerky orders

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/694351634680381442

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

oh it will be. he is gonna blow his loving top. hopefully literally.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The silver lining.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

GILMORE IN DOUBLE DIGITS

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

Cruz, Rubio, Trump in that order.

If Trump wins, it's all but over and the GOP meltdown will be fantastic. If Trump loses, let alone in third, his meltdown is going to be even more yooge and luxuriously epic.

Whoever wins, we win.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Stoat posted:

GILMORE IN DOUBLE DIGITS

!!! dont gently caress with my heart stoat

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

So does New Hampshire see this and think, as usual for them, "hey let's go completely the opposite way"?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Jewel Repetition posted:

Maybe YOU'RE unfavorable.

that is true...

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Rubio also stinks, by the way.

God, they all stink. Why does so much of the GOP stink?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Rubio is now ahead of Trump on Predictit for the nomination, which means I officially have permission to stop giving a poo poo.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fart blood posted:

Rubio also stinks, by the way.

God, they all stink. Why does so much of the GOP stink?

because they all fart blood

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Haha I guessed truthers and nwo conspiracy guys as volunteers might burn Trump with the speeches. Who knows if it did but if any of the nuts had the floor I can see people being embarrassed out of voting for Trump. I won't do a victory lap until the results are in but I'll be glad if open xenophobia loses. The rest of the field's bullshit is not a marked improvement but I'll accept not active regression over race relations and the such.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Wonder if Trump could have boosted his numbers by preparing for and attending the debate instead of backing down from it to air a thing with far worse ratings he could have done another time.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
This is now Rubio's race to lose... holy poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheTatteredKing posted:

Haha I guessed truthers and nwo conspiracy guys as volunteers might burn Trump with the speeches. Who knows if it did but if any of the nuts had the floor I can see people being embarrassed out of voting for Trump. I won't do a victory lap until the results are in but I'll be glad if open xenophobia loses. The rest of the field's bullshit is not a marked improvement but I'll accept not active regression over race relations and the such.

true. but Cruz is a theological nutjob(pretend or real) so he is probaly worse then trump.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Piquai Souban posted:

Wonder if Trump could have boosted his numbers by preparing for and attending the debate instead of backing down from it to air a thing with far worse ratings he could have done another time.

Nah, skipping that debate was good for him.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Piquai Souban posted:

We'll probably know what killed him tomorrow, but one thing I'm fairly sure of is it wasn't the debate skip.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

true. but Cruz is a theological nutjob(pretend or real) so he is probaly worse then trump.

Cruz would die in a general. Trump would cause problems for Clinton. Rubio would do OK but run a conventional campaign.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Why God. Why.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Oh wow a Bush started a war that allowed the insurgents take over. How novel

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Well I get to keep my Something Awful account, but what a pyrrhic victory.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Piquai Souban posted:

This is a fantastic question and I would love to hear someone ask him that on television, especially if it's framed as "Your polling was up *here* but the caucus put you down *here*, do you think it would be a better showing if you attended the last debate?"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
lol eat poo poo and wrap it up trumpailures

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

uncurable mlady posted:

basically.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pohl posted:

This is now Rubio's race to lose... holy poo poo.

Neither Rubio nor Cruz is going to gain 25% in NH over the span of one week. Trump will take a hit there, and maybe a bit in SC, but I expect he'll maintain a double-digit lead in both states going into the weekend.

Super Tuesday is a different story and about fifty weird things could happen between now and then.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Man, Donald Trump, what a loser that guy is. Says he's all about winning, can't even close the deal against a guy who's face is constantly trying to escape his body.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Vladimir Putin posted:

Cruz would die in a general. Trump would cause problems for Clinton. Rubio would do OK but run a conventional campaign.

this. rubio could theoreticaly make a dash to the middle, but he is stooge so he wont. trump also could but he would be shown as an rear end in a top hat. cruz will just run hard right and alienate everyone.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

https://www.iagopcaucuses.com/#/state posted:

The service is unavailable.

The Service is Unavailable probably polls better than Gilmore or Jeb at this point.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

538 posted:

Road No. 4: Cruz beats Trump, and Rubio does well

If both Cruz and Rubio have strong nights in Iowa, however, the meaning is clearer: Trump didn’t live up to the hype. There would be questions about whether Trump’s support in polls was a mirage to begin with, whether it had collapsed at the last minute because of voter dissatisfaction with his having skipped the Republican debate, or whether his lack of a turnout operation had foiled him. Those questions would be important for determining whether Trump had a chance to recover in New Hampshire. But in terms of the media narrative, they’d all be variations on the theme that Trump had gone bust.

In some ways, the Republican primary might even start to look fairly conventional. An “outsider” candidate with evangelical support would have won Iowa. A couple of “insider” candidates would be looking to emerge out of New Hampshire, with Rubio having a leg up because of his strong Iowa showing. Trump wouldn’t necessarily disappear — the media will keep writing him into the plot so long as he is willing — but it might be as more of a Newt Gingrich-esque sideshow, a candidate who wins a few states here and there but has little chance of commanding a majority. If we enter Iowa in a Trumpnado and exit it with what seems to be a fairly normal Republican race, that might be the biggest surprise of all.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

basically.

Yes, because the 2008 and 2012 primaries were settled when Huckabee and Santorum both swept the nominations in ole Ioway.

Fundies know how to work the caucus system well. NH will make or break Trump.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

uncurable mlady posted:

Have fun with President Ted Cruz.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

MaxxBot posted:

Have fun with President Ted Cruz.

Mitch McConnell will kill him in broad daylight before he allows that possibility to develop any further than it has tonight.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mdemone posted:

Neither Rubio or Cruz is going to gain 25% in NH over the span of one week. Trump will take a hit there, and maybe a bit in SC, but I expect he'll maintain a double-digit lead in both states going into the weekend.

Polling in Iowa showed Trump with like a ~5 point lead and he may well end up in third loving place behind the two Hispanic candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

Reporters wildly flip flopping between saying Iowa is super important and Iowa not really mattering because it didn't decide the last X nominations :confused:

• Locked thread