Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

District Selectman posted:

Ted Cruz is not electable

He's a piece of poo poo too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

Uhh guys, Rubio only 2.1% behind Trump now.

If Trump gets 3rd....

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Give me impotent Trump tears, Zeus hear my plea

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Joementum, if this holds, roughly what will the GOP Iowa delegate count look like? 30 delegates total, right?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mr Hootington posted:

So Hillary and Bernie nearly having a tie is huge for Bernie isn't it? It seems huge.

Trump has taken a body blow tonight.

It is huge... a huge loss.

Iowa is basically as easy as it gets for Bernie. He's hosed on super Tuesday if he doesn't pull a win.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Petey posted:

what is happening

what do i need to know before i fall asleep, hopefully within 10 minutes

Cruz wins lmbo. Hillary and Sanders tied but nobody will look at it that way

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Reminder that Trump wouldn't pledge that he wouldn't run as an independent. :getin:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress you bernie idiots

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I am very comfortable with three of the loseriest(tm) candidates the GOP has ever produced being functionally tied and functionally retarded. I hope they stay tied all the way

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

RedQueen posted:

Super rough math by me at home, but Republican turnout is ~150% of their 2008 Iowa turnout

and trump got loving railroaded compared to the last polls

i guess turnout is bad for him lmao

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Lady on CSPAN initially said 35 to Jim Gilmore. Writing lady sounded surprised so reading lady double-checked and it was actually 0.

defectivemonkey has issued a correction as of 04:09 on Feb 2, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

Joementum, if this holds, roughly what will the GOP Iowa delegate count look like? 30 delegates total, right?

Hey Boosted are you switching to Cruz or Rubio?

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~

Petey posted:

what is happening

what do i need to know before i fall asleep, hopefully within 10 minutes

the most boring of results, go to bed

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Shifty Pony posted:

It is huge... a huge loss.

Iowa is basically as easy as it gets for Bernie. He's hosed on super Tuesday if he doesn't pull a win.

uhh Bernie has like a 30 point average lead in New Hampshire dude

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Just got back from caucusing (Iowa City), Sanders won 5 of 7 delegates in my precinct.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

MOM suspending his campaign tonight ..... QUITTER!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
1.4%

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
O'Malley is dropping out in 25 minutes. Why do candidates wait until certain points like the Iowa Caucus to drop out? Like I get why Rubio is still around, or even any Republican in such a large field, but drat man, you had two people running against you and you polled abysmally low. Did you not see until now that you're really not going to win?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

detectivemonkey posted:

Lady on CSPAN initially said 35 to lay writing. Writing lady sounded surprised so reading lady double-checked and it was actually 0.

I have no idea what this post means

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump gunna alluha ackbar his plane into RNC HQ.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

triple sulk posted:

lol you're mad

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

See I'm worried about Ted Cruz getting nomination and winning.

i hope Ted Cruz gets nominated because i think there's a non-zero chance that some of his colleagues would still poo poo all over him during the general

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr Hootington posted:

So Hillary and Bernie nearly having a tie is huge for Bernie isn't it? It seems huge.

Trump has taken a body blow tonight.

Hillary winning Iowa is obviously good for her, but Bernie is so close that even if (when?) he loses it makes him look like a viable competitor instead of a kooky guy with limited appeal. He's polling really well in New Hampshire, so if he wins there then this whole thing is far, far, far from over.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

triple sulk posted:

You seem upset.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Joementum, I have a question for you, given that you are likely the only person here who could answer it.

In Iowa, are you assigned a caucus location based on your address, or can you go to anywhere in the state to caucus as long as you are a citizen?

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Joementum posted:

I'm seeing 1.9%! Hahahahahaha

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

See I'm worried about Ted Cruz getting nomination and winning.

We are worried about that, but worry about Rubio.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

This whole thread is going to die one by one of heart attacks the whole final 20%.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Turns out, skipping the debate and losing the chance to squash Rubio was probably a bad idea.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Yes, this is why I want him to run the tables on this stupid, stupid poo poo. Candidate most punchable face in the world saying stupid poo poo is extremely my poo poo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
All you Clinton people reacting about Bernouts really seem to be the ones freaking the gently caress out, this is basically a tie which should be embarrassing for Clinton.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

detectivemonkey posted:

Lady on CSPAN initially said 35 to Jim Gilmore. Writing lady sounded surprised so reading lady double-checked and it was actually 0.

(Fixed because I originally autocorrected like all of that into gibberish)

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

yeah trump's strategy depends on 'this time is different' which hasn't been disproven yet but sure looks a lot shakier now that actual votes have been counted, while cruz' strategy seems to consist of taking the losing coalition from the last election, subtracting a few % from it, and declaring certain victory

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

6.9%

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Hillary's not evil and was doing good long before she had any reason to assume there'd be a payoff.

Hahaha. She's hates non whites and poor people. Despises them.

Explain to me how her brother magically owns all the gold mines in Haiti after the Earthquake.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The biggest mistake HW ever made was not splattering JEB! and Dubya over Barbara's stomach.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
These poor people on Twitter saying "BUT IT'S STILL CLOSE!" Yes, if the last precincts all go 100% for Bernie, he could pull it off.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm tired please tell me who has won.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Dubstep Jesus posted:

i hope Ted Cruz gets nominated because i think there's a non-zero chance that some of his colleagues would still poo poo all over him during the general

Ted Cruz is less electable than Donald Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

you're enjoying this, aren't you?

• Locked thread