Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

It is huge... a huge loss.

Iowa is basically as easy as it gets for Bernie. He's hosed on super Tuesday if he doesn't pull a win.

New Hampshire where he currently enjoys a 23 point lead is actually the easiest place for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

:siren: Rubio within 2% of Trump :siren:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
13 delegates

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

euphronius posted:

I'm tired please tell me who has won.

Iowa

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

All you Clinton people reacting about Bernouts really seem to be the ones freaking the gently caress out, this is basically a tie which should be embarrassing for Clinton.

The demographics in Iowa are extremely in favor of Bernie and him not doing well would have been embarrassing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shifty Pony posted:

Iowa is basically as easy as it gets for Bernie. He's hosed on super Tuesday if he doesn't pull a win.

See I don't know because Iowa is a old state and olds are going for Hillary supposedly. I think this is might tip some people from the "I like Bernie, but he is unelectable," to "Holy crap he is electable!"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Grem posted:

O'Malley is dropping out in 25 minutes. Why do candidates wait until certain points like the Iowa Caucus to drop out? Like I get why Rubio is still around, or even any Republican in such a large field, but drat man, you had two people running against you and you polled abysmally low. Did you not see until now that you're really not going to win?

Get yourself on camera as much as possible, secure yourself a future VP slot/cabinet position by endorsing the winner.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

a cop posted:

Joementum, I have a question for you, given that you are likely the only person here who could answer it.

In Iowa, are you assigned a caucus location based on your address

Yes

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Joementum posted:

Uhh guys, Rubio only 2.1% behind Trump now.

It's... happening??

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

pathetic little tramp posted:

These poor people on Twitter saying "BUT IT'S STILL CLOSE!" Yes, if the last precincts all go 100% for Bernie, he could pull it off.

Hillary will win in a stastical tie. A great result for the Inevitable Slay Queen Candidate vs. a radical Independent senator from Vermot

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

vermont is as easy as it gets. new hampshire is second-as easy as it gets. iowa is closer to third- than fiftieth- but if he really wanted to get things rolling he probably needed a bigger majority than he could possibly get if every undeclared delegate went to him at this point

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

a cop posted:

Joementum, I have a question for you, given that you are likely the only person here who could answer it.

In Iowa, are you assigned a caucus location based on your address, or can you go to anywhere in the state to caucus as long as you are a citizen?

You are assigned.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Hillary winning Iowa is obviously good for her, but Bernie is so close that even if (when?) he loses it makes him look like a viable competitor instead of a kooky guy with limited appeal. He's polling really well in New Hampshire, so if he wins there then this whole thing is far, far, far from over.

Until Super Tuesday that is

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grem posted:

O'Malley is dropping out in 25 minutes. Why do candidates wait until certain points like the Iowa Caucus to drop out? Like I get why Rubio is still around, or even any Republican in such a large field, but drat man, you had two people running against you and you polled abysmally low. Did you not see until now that you're really not going to win?

Becauae Iowa determines if candidates meet the minimal threshold for being viable. MOM, santorum, huckabee, fiorina and Carson are not.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

detectivemonkey posted:

Lady on CSPAN initially said 35 to lay writing. Writing lady sounded surprised so reading lady double-checked and it was actually 0.

Well those numbers do look extremely similar!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Trump not in 1st? Perish the thought.

Some of us might have been suggesting something so sacrilegious for sometime.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

triple sulk posted:

gently caress you bernie idiots

I think you may need to walk away and blow of some steam there, friend guy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

fade5 posted:

you're enjoying this, aren't you?

Extremely.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Logikv9 posted:

The Stumping of Trump by the Coward Ted Cruz

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Venom Snake posted:

The demographics in Iowa are extremely in favor of Bernie and him not doing well would have been embarrassing.

This is the kind of mental gymnastics the guy you're responding to is talking about. What has happened is equivalent to an expansion team from Vermont meeting the Patriots in the Super Bowl and only losing by a field goal.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Who do O'Malleys 6 delegates go to, they could decide who "wins" this

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

greatn posted:

All you Clinton people reacting about Bernouts really seem to be the ones freaking the gently caress out, this is basically a tie which should be embarrassing for Clinton.

But some part of me also hopes that Hillary Clinton is having a nice day.

I’ve come to believe that saying nice things about Hillary Clinton can be a subversive act.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

I'm tired please tell me who has won.

Cruz / Hillary (albeit hillary by a crazy narrow margin)

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
God the book on the election is going to own

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Grem posted:

Martin O'Malley was arguably never running for President.

Also, as far as Iowa is concerned, it is possible he was counting on the two viable candidates giving him something in return for the support of his followers to influence delegate math.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
Rubio 1.7% behind Trump. Please let us enter a new frontier of stumping.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Hillary winning Iowa is obviously good for her, but Bernie is so close that even if (when?) he loses it makes him look like a viable competitor instead of a kooky guy with limited appeal. He's polling really well in New Hampshire, so if he wins there then this whole thing is far, far, far from over.

This is the opposite of true. NH is a free win for him (as is VT), and anything short of a convincing Iowa victory is the death of the Bern.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
PUNDITS KNEW

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

blue squares posted:

Hey Boosted are you switching to Cruz or Rubio?

If Trumps hold onto at least 1% of his 22% lead in NH and wins there, he will get my vote in SC.

If Trump loses to Cruz or Rubio, I'll vote for Cruz. Ugh. He's slime, but Open Border Marco Amnesty Rubio would ensure no more GOP presidents after him (or SCOTUS nominations) for a LOOOONG time and also more economic suffering for Americans.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Mr Hootington posted:

So Hillary and Bernie nearly having a tie is huge for Bernie isn't it? It seems huge.

Not really. There's only a couple states where the demographics are more favorable to Bernie than Iowa. One of them is New Hampshire.

If he can only barely squeak out a tie in Iowa, it doesn't bode well for how well he'll do in other states -- but he'll be certainly trying to ride the momentum to improve his numbers.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
who cares about the dems anymore it's essentially a tie

i'm all about rubio now just because i want to see trump's head explode and for him to shoot off into 3rd party candidate land

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

a cop posted:

In Iowa, are you assigned a caucus location based on your address, or can you go to anywhere in the state to caucus as long as you are a citizen?

quote:

Who can participate in the caucuses?

Any person who is eligible to vote in the state of Iowa and will be at least 18 years old on Election Day, November 8, 2016, may participate in the Iowa Caucuses. These Individuals must reside in the precinct in which they wish to participate, and they must be registered as a Democrat—party registration is available on caucus night.

So college kids that don't change their address can go to their parent's home and caucus there, as per the busing strategy previously mentioned.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

quote:

[–]NoiseyI [score hidden] just now
As someone who is 14 and was 10 the last time this was happening, is Bernie losing by 1% still good?
permalinksavereportgive goldreply

:3:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

etalian posted:

MOM took out a 500k loan to keep his campaign afloat and also even before the campaign started had a 0 dollar net worth due to lots of education loans.

Who gives out those loans? What does he even have for collateral?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

greatn posted:

Yes Hillary getting a tie in a race in which everyone but like 7 people are white lefties clearly points to Bernie being viable on a national stage. He needed to win by like 5 to have a chance.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

XyrlocShammypants posted:

This is the kind of mental gymnastics the guy you're responding to is talking about. What has happened is equivalent to an expansion team from Vermont meeting the Patriots in the Super Bowl and only losing by a field goal.

How is it mental gymnastics to state that Iowa has typically leaned more far left than other primary states.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

drat

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

XyrlocShammypants posted:

still a loss

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Trump's loss will make YCS great again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

Thats a crazy statement when you look at polls in other states. Looks like Hillary supporters are the ones shedding tears at this point. Especially when you take into account polls mostly showing Hillary ahead by way more than 2%.

Doorknob Slobber has issued a correction as of 04:13 on Feb 2, 2016

• Locked thread