Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Khazar-khum posted:

Most Americans associate it with 'rebel'. Or used to, anyway.

CMOA

my Animes

Oh Jesus loving Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

What gets me about Troper Tales, what really gets me, is how loving INSANELY terrible at writing these people are.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I, too, know the word Hikkikomori but misuse it.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

quote:

"I know what you're thinking, and you're right. I'm outnumbered eight to one. Even with a knife, you can still get me. But I can get on of you as well. So what you have to ask yourself is, do you want to die so that one of your friends can have what's in my wallet?"

and then the attackers completely ignored 'this trooper' and was mugged anyway. The end.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

quote:

Boss got a new attitude and its been getting on everyones nerves. He caught me on a particularly bad day, and I told him to gently caress off. For those wondering, he asked me to do something I didnt know how to do. He expected me to be an expert at it, and when it wasn't done when HE wanted it done, he jumped down my throat. Co-Workers heard me tell him to gently caress off, a couple applauded and a few others laughed. Had to eat a suspension from work till the 12th for insubordination and disrespect to a superior. Meh, more WoW and State of Decay then.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

MonoAus posted:

and then the attackers completely ignored 'this trooper' and was mugged anyway. The end.

"In memoriam: Troper #23413. Killed by bluffing to a group of muggers"

Khazar-khum posted:

Most Americans associate it with 'rebel'. Or used to, anyway.

CMOA

my Animes
So, why would the therapist mention Urotsukidouji when that is a fairly esoteric show(for America I'm assuming) as compared to GTA which is nationally known and in the public consciousness. I had to google it to find out what it is, and apparently it's the first tentacle series. And s/he apparently knows about Hikkikomoris and Otakus as well? I mean, I get that it's STDH, but it fell apart withing the first sentence. Can't you try better?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

drat, that's some knife. Almost as long as a beetle.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love how trooper tales switch from third person to first person on a whim.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

My favourite part of this is a 10 day suspension from work but it's still a victory because a couple people "clapped". Though I'm guessing his mom can wait 'till next payday for his 80$ rent

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tropper tailes are boring as heck, please start a separate thread or something.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

He's too busy walking up stairs backwards and defending Hitler.

You always got my back OFS.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have no goddamn idea what a troper is after seeing it brought up on here for like a decade. I've looked it up in the past, and apparently it's people who talk about tv shows, but actually tell random made up stories about poo poo that happened in 8th grade in third person.

No one has to explain it to me. I'm comfortable in the dark on this one.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

NESguerilla posted:

I have no goddamn idea what a troper is after seeing it brought up on here for like a decade. I've looked it up in the past, and apparently it's people who talk about tv shows, but actually tell random made up stories about poo poo that happened in 8th grade in third person.

No one has to explain it to me. I'm comfortable in the dark on this one.

Interestingly enough you know what it is but just can't bring yourself to believe it. That is exactly what a troper is.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

axolotl farmer posted:

I still don't see how they are any different than the rest of the stories posted here. They're poo poo stories, people tell them on the internet, and they certainly didn't happen. We don't need two threads for different categories of the same thing.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Murphy Brownback posted:

I still don't see how they are any different than the rest of the stories posted here. They're poo poo stories, people tell them on the internet, and they certainly didn't happen. We don't need two threads for different categories of the same thing.

For me, troper tales hit a lot closer to home than most of the other things in this thread. I could have easily seen myself as a 14 year old kid getting way too into them and writing a bunch up myself.

But yes, they belong here and not in a seperate thread.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

axolotl farmer posted:

Wow how can you be so wrong about it? Troper tales are amazingly stupid in the way only a teenager full of social awkwardness and delusions of grandeur can be.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

Wow wrong

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

1. Harvest Moon is a game where you can shirk all responsibilities (leave your livestock out in the rain, never pick weeds, let your fields lay fallow, ignore your dog) and spend your nights hitting on the chick that works in the bar

2. THIS TROPER FUCKIN' WRECKED A BEETLE. COWER BEFORE ME, er, HIM

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"This goon will now refer to himself in the first person"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

1. Harvest Moon is a game where you can shirk all responsibilities (leave your livestock out in the rain, never pick weeds, let your fields lay fallow, ignore your dog) and spend your nights hitting on the chick that works in the bar

2. THIS TROPER FUCKIN' WRECKED A BEETLE. COWER BEFORE ME, er, HIM

Well seeing how breaking pencils (except the ones that are too hard to break) is a sign of manly strength on TVT we shouldn't be too surprised.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Not gonna censor the name because it's been posted all over social media websites, and I'm guessing the guy is comfortable with the publicity anyway:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's a lot of lemons. Are people really that bad at cooking? I googled "jamie oliver 13 lemons" and came up with a whole bunch of tumblr reblogs as well as this
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/lemon-linguine

It might not be the same one, but it did feature this comment

quote:

Arianne Weaver • 3 days ago

Another non vegetarian recipie in the vegetarian section...
Sigh.
which was cool because either Arianne meant vegan or is really confused about vegetarianism.

Somebody better at googling than me track down all the Jamie Oliver pasta sauce recipes that have lemons please, we need to solve this mystery once and for all.

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Feb 2, 2016

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

which was cool because either Arianne meant vegan or is really confused about vegetarianism.

I think it's because of the parmesan, which is made with animal rennet. That being said, you can buy rennet-free alternatives so it's still a pretty pointless complaint.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

That sort of happened in Sweden, when a popular cooking magazine published a recipe for apple pie that called for 20 entire nutmeg seeds, when it should have been 2 ml (less than half a teaspoon) of ground nutmeg.

Four people had to go to the hospital for nutmeg poisoning.

Link from google translated major Swedish paper.
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.svd.se%2Ffyra-forgiftade-efter-fel-i-recept

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Maw posted:

I think it's because of the parmesan, which is made with animal rennet. That being said, you can buy rennet-free alternatives so it's still a pretty pointless complaint.

Yeah right, go out of my way to alter the recipe when I can play the victim instead?

As IF

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Blurred posted:

Not gonna censor the name because it's been posted all over social media websites, and I'm guessing the guy is comfortable with the publicity anyway:

The next train stop was five minutes away. And as everyone knows, there's no way to stop trains and they can't go backwards.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

What kinda idiot throws a book at a flying insect? You'd have to throw it really hard to actually squish the bug. 99 times out of 100 you'd just kinda bang the insect out of the way and it'd go flying to the other side of the room, and then recover and continue on its way.

Its hardly the stupidest part of that story but comeon, wait for the thing to land before you try to hit it. Especially if you're using a book and not like a flyswatter.

I'm imagining this guy freaking out at a tiny bug flying by, so he throws a textbook full force across the room and nails some girl in the face instead :lol:

Alternatively just pick it up and throw it outside because its just a beetle.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's a lot of lemons. Are people really that bad at cooking? I googled "jamie oliver 13 lemons" and came up with a whole bunch of tumblr reblogs as well as this

Somebody better at googling than me track down all the Jamie Oliver pasta sauce recipes that have lemons please, we need to solve this mystery once and for all.

this is pretty clearly people reblogging because they think the situation described is funny tho

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Maw posted:

Ooh neat, I didn't know that but it explains why the parm I buy says VEGETARIAN on the wrap :v:

VileLL posted:

this is pretty clearly people reblogging because they think the situation described is funny tho
Still poo poo that didn't happen :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

axolotl farmer posted:

That sort of happened in Sweden, when a popular cooking magazine published a recipe for apple pie that called for 20 entire nutmeg seeds, when it should have been 2 ml (less than half a teaspoon) of ground nutmeg.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.svd.se%2Ffyra-forgiftade-efter-fel-i-recept
Don't high doses of nutmeg cause terrifying hallucinations? :ohdear:

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Splicer posted:

Yes, I highly recommend it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

axolotl farmer posted:

I like how the badly translated text seems to be thinking exactly what I was thinking.

"We thought that nobody would eat the cake because it gets so horribly bitter, but it turns out somebody went and did it anyways and now has symptoms"

Maybe if the cake tastes that bad, stop eating it? :v: These people would never survive without society.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Splicer posted:

Dry mouth, super red eyes, blackouts, high as a loving kite for 2-3 days. It's one of those drugs you only do once.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Yes, I highly recommend it.

Desert Bus posted:

Dry mouth, super red eyes, blackouts, high as a loving kite for 2-3 days. It's one of those drugs you only do once.
Now imagine this happening unexpectedly to you and your entire family.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Splicer posted:

Now imagine this happening unexpectedly to you and your entire family.

"unexpectedly" after eating a bitter-as-gently caress apple pie that you made from a magazine recipe for the first time. Hmm.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
One time in middle school a bunch of girls in my grade freaked out about a huge cockroach in the bathroom, so I went in and took care of it myself. I guess this makes me a Big drat Hero in Troperland.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have (more than a few) of his books and I can't find 13 lemons in the pasta section.

The only thing I can think of is that it's one of his things where he tells people how to make this big rear end jar of sauce in one go that they can pop in the fridge and grab out once every few days to use.

If you haven't read his Save With Jamie you should.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

axolotl farmer posted:

In my country they once published a recipe for churros that, well, exploded and threw boiling oil around.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I know it's an old joke, but it's getting shared as a real story on FB by more and more people. Source is one of those clickbait sites:

This man caught naked women bathing in his pond. His answer is brilliant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Here's a slight switch up from CMOA trooper tales. I'm linking instead of quoting because wonkette's got some poo poo code that discourages copy-pasting from phones.

C.A. Pinkham posts articles that are the laziest loving things because he's getting them from emails full of stdh.txt

He got fired from Gawker, so he took this Schtick to Wonkette.

Edit: shitthatDIDhappen.txt:

CAPinkham is a piece of poo poo.

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 06:40 on Feb 3, 2016

• Locked thread