Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

How can I immediately short-sell shares of Cruz to win the nomination? Because right now, tonight, this is his peak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

They have the most people

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

JHVH-1 posted:

Hahah he has tweeted the same quote more than once

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/479004002919919616

"Iowa is full of no ones."

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

It's where people actually live.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
BREAK THE loving INTERNET!! BURN IT DOWN!!!!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Holy poo poo Martin O' Malley shut up already, this just keeps going and going

He's the Democratic party's cheerleader. If he stops talking, things are bad.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress Iowa.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I hope Bernie stays in for a while because I think debates between him and Hildawg will be interesting without MOM there trying to get a word in

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
The Clinton camp claimed victory like an hour ago lol

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yamcha's power level is higher than Jeb's.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

gently caress Iowa.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I think the classy thing for Hillary and Bernie to do is declare it a tie and share a dance in honor of Trump losing and Cruz winning.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It feels really dumb saying outstanding caucuses in certain counties means anything it is too uncertain.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jeb1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

loving low blow, man :mad:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/katz/status/694369603334619136

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

gently caress Iowa.

Who can hate the obligatory Jeb pity vote.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

Oh no, the berniebros

No sexist language please

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Jeb isn't even a Yajirobe at this point. Maybe an Oolong

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Any chance Jeb! suspends his campaign tonight?

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
My sister's in Polk (Des Moines area, supposed to be high Hillary turnout) and said her presinct was 7 Sanders, 6 Clinton. Craziness!

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I think it's somehow more fitting that Jeb!, rather than getting no delegates, gets one by dint of a rounding error.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Democrazy posted:

Just a reminder for everyone that Sanders winning is rad and cool but using sexist language is not

Agreed. I'm seeing way too many people calling Hillary Clinton a screeching virago.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

JHVH-1 posted:

Hahah he has tweeted the same quote more than once

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/479004002919919616

"No one remembers who was drafted #2" - Alexander Daigle, drafted ahead of Chris Pronger.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

uncurable mlady posted:

I hope Bernie stays in for a while because I think debates between him and Hildawg will be interesting without MOM there trying to get a word in

He's got ~$22m cash on hand. There's no chance he's out before Super Tuesday.

(But he's going to get slaughtered on Super Tuesday.)

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
1 delegate already?? Gawrsh, we've only had one state go and he's already got a whole delegate. Can't ebb the Jeb!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

how do the 1000+ democratic delegates handed out tonight get bunched together for the next round? has anybody bothered to figure out how many of those conventions have a majority of bernie delegates and how many a hillary majority? if the delegates ultimately showing up at the national convention were the issue here, that would be the next question

it's not though. it's all bragging rights and spin and momentum. hillary loses on that because she was the overdog and bernie's star continues to rise, but it's not a knockout blow for anyone obviously

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Any chance Jeb! suspends his campaign tonight?

if he does this I'm worried the economy will collapse

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

In a perfect metaphor for his doomed campaign: CBSN said they were going to go live to O'Malley's concession speech and then immediately pre-empted it for their in studio panel.

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

Lol if you think tonight has been a bad night for Bernie. They're neck and neck, this kind of result going to bring in a ton of money.

Sure, it was a good night, but I don't think it changed the path forward based on the turnouts so far. I haven't seen anything to indicate he's drawing beyond his base

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Parmesan Basil posted:

Jeb isn't even a Yajirobe at this point. Maybe an Oolong

Dude Oolong saved the world by wasting Emperor Pilaf's wish on panties instead of immortality, he's a goddamn hero and you will not compare him to Jeb

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

:wow:

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
I'm confused, I tuned in and got a Rubio speech with a byline on CNN saying he won the republican caucus. But looking at the numbers Cruz is crushing both him and Trump.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Will Bernie congratulate Hillary?

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Probably Magic posted:

Trump is a bitch, and Hillary sucks, got it.

The word "bitch" is inherently sexist.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

jesus

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If bernie loses this by less than a percent of pollers, does he have sufficient momentum to still be in this or would it signal that he won't be competitive in states like Ohio and Florida?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Joementum posted:

He does not! In fact, the actual delegate at the convention can shout out whatever name he likes, but it will be counted for Jeb!

(Unless Jeb! drops out before the convention, in which case the delegate becomes unbound.)

Delegate: Unbound would be a sweet action movie title.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Bhaal posted:

I'm confused, I tuned in and got a Rubio speech with a byline on CNN saying he won the republican caucus. But looking at the numbers Cruz is crushing both him and Biggest rear end in a top hat.

Rubio thinks 3rd place is a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
0.2!

0.2!

0.2!

• Locked thread