Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Congrats on your Advance Wars victory, Endorph. I tried real hard to beat Sturm on the Advanced Campaign. You can beat every mission with an S-rank if you follow guides online, but the advice everywhere for the final mission is "Good luck". I finally managed to beat him after getting really frustrated and giving up, then maybe 2 years later I came back to defeat him by capturing his HQ as Max, but I had to sacrifice Andy to do it.

Turns out I was long past caring about that achievement by that point, but it's the thought that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Strange Quark posted:

It's 10 years old.

That's not old. ten years isn't old

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is it the pasta 4koma or the one where the ship tries to open a cup and fails cause those 2 get reposted often.

The wordless Fusou/Yamashiro/Nagato one with the cup and the punching.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Steve Blum actually has a ton of range, it's just that everyone pays him to do the one voice.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jostiband posted:

Stop bidding, lord justice! :argh:

That's its base price, not an auction.

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5480/Homura+Akemi+The+Beginning+Story+The+Everlasting.html

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hi chat thread! I got a new avatar. I'm posting from mobile so I can catch up tomorrow at work so tell me what you think!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

the one on the right, how is that even a question?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Steve Blum actually has a ton of range, it's just that everyone pays him to do the one voice.

hes like ten people in this game, but i like him as that class because hes the one i like to play mostest

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Man Lightning's English VA is not nearly as good as her Japanese one.

I'm playing Dissidia if anyone was wondering.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Senerio posted:

Hi chat thread! I got a new avatar. I'm posting from mobile so I can catch up tomorrow at work so tell me what you think!

Hi Sen. I don't know what the reference is so I have no strong opinions.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its a class about being invincible and unstoppable and just running anywhere you want, wild and free

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

I preferred the old one

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3hsdevGgwU&t=11s

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

This is like every who gets popular. Troy Baker is super cool and does a ton of fun and goofy poo poo when doing voice work for anime but after being in a lot of triple a games he just becomes Troy Baker except in like Arkham Origins where he's Mark Hamill

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Older is just a relative metric.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Stay my hand again and you might find yourself losing it. - Steven Blum.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

graybook posted:

The wordless Fusou/Yamashiro/Nagato one with the cup and the punching.

Those three are pretty cute boats. I like Fusou the most of them, though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

You're getting old boom

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm happy those dudes get a ton of work though, they deserve it and Blum's one of my favorite vas

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Senerio posted:

It's cute :) I don't know what it is though

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

littleorv posted:

She's good as Palutena, it's just apparently people told her to not act at all as Lightning I guess.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Senerio posted:

Hi senorio :)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Oh good, I thought I had killed you.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

no eliphas; didnt listen

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

She's good as Palutena, it's just apparently people told her to not act at all as Lightning I guess.

p much, but i still like ali hillis as lightning

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Senerio posted:

That's from that French cartoon about the teens in latex outfits, right?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Holy loving poo poo this Homura figure is over $1,000.

Like Jesus loving Christ.

Hm? Yen to USD, 10,000 Yen is about 83 USD. Are the conversion rates that much worse between the won and Yen?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Garcia Hotspur was a p amazing role of his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgW6WtvHTXs

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Allarion posted:

You're getting old boom

reminder: boom is like, 40

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Baal posted:

p much, but i still like ali hillis as lightning

Yeah all told I don't think she's that bad as Lightning, but she's also contending with Sazh on the intentionally normal voice side and Troy Baker and Liam O'Brien on the spewing ham side. I love Caius hamming as hard as he possibly can. Like the character makes zero sense, but he sells it anyway by being super fashionable and over the top.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Yeah all told I don't think she's that bad as Lightning, but she's also contending with Sazh on the intentionally normal voice side and Troy Baker and Liam O'Brien on the spewing ham side.

Well I mean it's hard to compete with the man who voiced the Black Baron, that dude's cadence is nuts

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

littleorv posted:

I liked Yuna's subplot in that game. Though Yuna was a fun and strong character to play as in general. Her and Vaan ended up on my A-team outta the new characters in the 2nd game.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Baal posted:

Also Garcia Hotspur was a p amazing role of his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgW6WtvHTXs
The most underappreciated feminist video game of all time.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Oh good, I thought I had killed you.

It'll take more than a lovely sentai dub to kill me. Not gonna watch some tonight but tomorrow because video games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

in that chart of all the fire emblem fates characters, what does story death/retreat mean

does it just mean that that character will at some point in the story just up and leave for one reason or another or what

also are the 2 maids just a palette swap or is there an actual difference between them
story death/retreat means that in certain routes some characters leave or die based on the story, yes. everyone has at least one route where you can use them all you want though.

and the two maids are completely different characters with different stats and growths, yes. and different personal skills.

basically, you get felicia if you're a guy, jakob/joker if you're a girl. felicia has high magic to heal with, jakbo has high str to deal damage with. flora is a late-game maid that you only get in nohr, and she's good at everything. she's also felicia's older sister.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Liam O'Brien is my favourite english VA. He freakin rules.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
doesn't scarlet live in the hoshido route

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The first episode of Cinderella Girls was fun. Much, much better than the one episode of the old idolmaster anime I watched years ago. I like both Uzuki and Rin, and the producer is charmingly awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Ali Hills was pretty good as Lightning, but yeah, she was competing against Liam O'Brien and Troy Baker. It's a tough fight for any VA.

• Locked thread