Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

I refuse to believe this.

I can't believe boom is a sixty year old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Baal posted:

Yes, but it gives you an opportunity to hit him from behind and you can just shoot the drat thing and explode it in his face. That fight a has a lot of ways to tackle it which is why it's like the best RE boss fight

On the other hand, 7 minutes is all the time he has to play with you.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
deus ex's voice acting is interesting, apparently the voice actor for jc denton once said that he was surprised when he kept getting told that he was putting in too much emotion and that he had to tone it down

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

and also over-the-top performances aren't the surefire method of comedy

deus ex's comedy comes from how monotone and underplayed everything jc says is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FADzuOIW-Tg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qKzIsisU

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sharkopath posted:

i think in video games im slowly swining around to wanting everything to be dramatically overacted like it was a stage play, because games are inherently ridiculous
I actually read an interesting article one time (which I have since lost) about how Japanese video game storytelling is more informed by traditional Japanese theater verses Western (read: American) games being more closely modeled after movies.

The latter wasn't a huge surprise but the former was very interesting and made a lot of sense pretty much immediately.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DC Douglas voices my favorite Blazblue character and he doesn't voice him like Wesker, but a like a huge motherfucker and it's super cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snl9FjMyfu4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3lXomqcYk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dishonored is a game where i'm not sure overacting would work, the problem with it is that some of the voice acting in it is kind of wooden, mostly within the supporting cast, but at the same time i think putting too much into it would mess with the game's strange, dreary tone

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i like the very calm voice acting in the witness

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

i'm going to eradicate old man boom boom from this earth

better men than you have tried

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I actually read an interesting article one time (which I have since lost) about how Japanese video game storytelling is more informed by traditional Japanese theater verses Western (read: American) games being more closely modeled after movies.

The latter wasn't a huge surprise but the former was very interesting and made a lot of sense pretty much immediately.
pretty much all japanese media is informed by traditional japanese theater, even the staging of shots and stuff

"Japanese heroes are influenced by classic Japanese theater. Most of them do finishers from right-to-left!"

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

boom boom boom posted:

better men than you have tried

I'm glad you have that avatar while making that post

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Contact was a weird but cool game from Grasshopper Manufacture

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

pretty much all japanese media is informed by traditional japanese theater, even the staging of shots and stuff

"Japanese heroes are influenced by classic Japanese theater. Most of them do finishers from right-to-left!"

neat

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

Yeah.

The article itself was mostly concerned with video games, but the more I thought about it the more I felt its influence in films and manga and such.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i wanna read about japanese theater now

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Kirby is ready to fight!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Japanese theater's p cool

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You should check out Chushingura, Sharky.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Jarogue posted:

Contact was a weird but cool game from Grasshopper Manufacture

It was interesting conceptually, I'll give it that much. It was also super boring to play and I don't have any fond memories of it due to that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

obviously the right to left rule isn't written in stone esp. in anime but seriously all the major villains in dbz die with that rule, lol

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

To be fair, yuan and yen are pronounced the same.

Thank you for being fair to me Squark.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the worst voice acting in dishonored is when you talk to piero. he's supposed to be a sort of awkward inventor, who even later turns out to be kind of a creepy peeping tom who doesn't know how to talk to women, but whenever you talk to him he just comes off as really emotionless, and just sort of awkwardly putting emphasis and, pauses, at odd points, in his lines.

like, the actor kind of gets how he's supposed to come off, but he doesn't really commit to it in the right way

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sylphid posted:

I was about to say, but I didn't want to seem a jerk. When you linked the thing, I thought there was no way something like that could cost that much money.

This, however, is another matter entirely.

It is okay to be a jerk to Zep.

Also that blog makes no mention of the Titan's rear end, as far as I can tell from a quick glance.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

reminder: boom is like, 40

Motto posted:

I refuse to believe this.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
in the future I may be co-commenting a let's play with INTERNET CELEBRITY HORIKAWA OTANE ??!?!?!?!!??!?

aka 'the person who's behind some of the major projects somewhat more noted internet celebrity raocow has played'

WHAT SHOULD I WEAR QUICK ADTRW I NEED YOUR INTERNET FASHION SENSE

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

in the future I may be co-commenting a let's play with INTERNET CELEBRITY HORIKAWA OTANE ??!?!?!?!!??!?

aka 'the person who's behind some of the major projects somewhat more noted internet celebrity raocow has played'

a good headset + microphone

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyra_Solune posted:

Clothes. Socks. Shoes. Don't wear sandals.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Gyra_Solune posted:

Well, no pants of course.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Discard the fedora and trilby for a nice beret, like the one Sonoda Umi wears.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Droyer posted:

a good headset + microphone

Esports it up with 4 headsets.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Gyra_Solune posted:

protection

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It is okay to be a jerk to Zep.

cinderella girls is a better show than love live ehehe

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive never heard of raocow

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyways if anybody ever plays a game with Cr1tikal I want an online autograph.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gyra_Solune posted:

"You work you lose" shirt

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Allarion posted:

It was interesting conceptually, I'll give it that much. It was also super boring to play and I don't have any fond memories of it due to that.

I remember having four girlfriends and they would travel with you on your boat ship. and the would go to sleep with you when you rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

cinderella girls is a better show than love live ehehe

Maybe not that much of a jerk.

Also panda did you see my Idol quiz results.

• Locked thread