Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Kimchi is easy to make????

Sure, soak some cabbage in salt water, then rub a bunch of garlic, gochugaru, &c. on it, put it in jars, wait a couple of weeks and enjoy. I make a big ol' batch a few times a year, give a bunch away to friends and family and have plenty left for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I have never made it myself but my mom will generally take a day off work and get help from the lady who does housework at our place twice a week and then go to my grandmother's place to spend the whole day makin' kimchi with my aunts.

Granted they make a ton of kimchi.

well that second part's the kicker, asian moms and grandmoms make literal buckets of kimchi. my grandmom makes like 30 gallons of kimchi biweekly and jars it for everyone and everything

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please answer the question about naengmyeon panda.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Please answer the question about naengmyeon panda.

mulnaengmyeon, with copious vinegar and mustard, mainly because it's more refreshing after bbq

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

mulnaengmyeon, with copious vinegar and mustard, mainly because it's more refreshing after bbq

Thank God you made the right choice.

Mulnaeng all the way.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Knorth posted:

rub salt into cabbage, put in jar. let ferment.

I think the one recipe I've ever looked at called for a special pickling jar to let it sit in for a few weeks. I suspect that could be worked around/done without. I need to try it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's hilarious how tall girl whose name I don't remember right now - wait, Kirara? - carries Anzu around everywhere.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think the one recipe I've ever looked at called for a special pickling jar to let it sit in for a few weeks. I suspect that could be worked around/done without. I need to try it.

I'm just using a regular jar and sticking a small glass cup in the top to keep the cabbage pressed down, then covering the whole opening with a cloth. Of course I need to let it ferment in the refrigerator since it's over 30C here...

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Everybody send me some kimchi, thank you.

I ve never had any and I abuse the emoji way too much

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Knorth posted:

I'm just using a regular jar and sticking a small glass cup in the top to keep the cabbage pressed down, then covering the whole opening with a cloth. Of course I need to let it ferment in the refrigerator since it's over 30C here...

Yeah, I'm in Texas. I have to move my kimchi to the fridge after less than a day in the summer. Heck, it's really not a bad idea even in the cooler months, just to control the rate of fermentation, though it usually gets a day or so longer out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jostiband posted:

Everybody send me some kimchi, thank you.

I ve never had any and I abuse the emoji way too much

I hate cooked kimchi. I prefer it cold. With hot foods like grilled meat or curry.

Only exception is kimchi grilled alongside meats such as samgyeopsal or beef or whatever.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's hilarious how tall girl whose name I don't remember right now - wait, Kirara? - carries Anzu around everywhere.

i want to marry her

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I hate cooked kimchi. I prefer it cold. With hot foods like grilled meat or curry.

Only exception is kimchi grilled alongside meats such as samgyeopsal or beef or whatever.

I agree

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Knorth posted:

we have a fridge unit that's entirely specialized for fermenting kimchi in

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

consider:
kimchi jjigae with thick slices of fatty samgyeopsal rendered out in it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

we have a fridge unit that's entirely specialized for fermenting kimchi in

Cleverly called a kimchi fridge.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Chaika is supposed to be good right?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

consider:

served on top of steaming hot white rice with the rendered fat glistening like diamonds off the white pearly rice

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

littleorv posted:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

littleorv posted:

Yup! I watched it in December and liked it a lot.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

littleorv posted:

It's great fun.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

why do chaika's eyebrows not match her haircolor

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

consider:

I'm honestly not that fond of kimchi jjigae.

I like sundubu and yukgaejang (occasionally) and gamjatang but kimchi jjigae has never been my thing.

I also like ddeok in ramen and other jjigae but I don't like tteokguk.

I like spicy guks but I don't like adding gochujang to kalguksu to actually make it spicy.

I have weird tastes is what I am saying.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Man, it is really nice, refreshing even, to see idol performances that aren't half cg.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Man, it is really nice, refreshing even, to see idol performances that aren't half cg.

not half cg but all cg

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I still remember my reaction to S1.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

not half cg but all cg

Heh heh heh.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

pandaK posted:

why do chaika's eyebrows not match her haircolor

Gap moe.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

pandaK posted:

not half cg but all cg

boo

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Chaika suffers a bit from Bones original ending syndrome in the second season attempting to wrap things up very quickly, but it's a good show otherwise.

Speaking of that author, I finished Scrapped Princess finally about a week ago. It was pretty good, I don't really have much to say about it though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Not sure what iroha is trying to tell me here, but I agree completely.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iroha is Dante?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reds posted:

Speaking of that author, I finished Scrapped Princess finally about a week ago. It was pretty good, I don't really have much to say about it though.

I remember people getting real mad at the ending at the time.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Three episodes into Cinderella Girls, and I like it a lot! So far, Rin is my favorite of the main three and Kirari is my favorite of the others. I think it's had a stronger start than the LL anime, but I only paid half attention to the first season of that, so I might be doing it a disservice.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Three episodes into Cinderella Girls, and I like it a lot! So far, Rin is my favorite of the main three and Kirari is my favorite of the others. I think it's had a stronger start than the LL anime, but I only paid half attention to the first season of that, so I might be doing it a disservice.

it only starts getting good when it starts focusing on the other units because the main group sucks

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Those people in front don't give a poo poo.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I'm looking forward to playing digimon game tomorrow

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Love Live did have a pretty slow start before they really got things moving with the idol stuff, CG can get into it straight away because it already exists, they're just adding members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i experience an unexplainable surge of joy just from seeing kirari, is this what having a waifu feels like?

• Locked thread