Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

There's also Kannazuki no Miko, I wouldn't call it good but it's more lesbiany than Rinne. But it also has a dumb 'we'll meet again in the next life' bad ending.

Yeah, from what I've heard, that show also kinda comes from the dark ages of yuri in general, where happy endings in yuri stuff was really rare when it actually existed in-text.

Edit: oh yeah, and the rape stuff. Not my kinda thing, even though I have no idea what that's all about and not especially interested in finding out for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Polsy posted:

Xenoglossia for sure

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the anime ending for kannazuki no miko is... okay?

quote:

Although Chikane is reincarnated and their feelings for each other are intact, their memories of one another are gone and their connection is instinctive. At the end of the anime, the Orochis return to their original lives. In the post-credits, Himeko is seen walking down a street. She sees Chikane and knows that she is meant to be with this person. They hug agreeing in their narration that they will always find a way back to each other.

it is reincarnation but at least it is still romantic and happy

in the manga they're reborn as sisters, which is :lol:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

do not watch kannazuki no miko jfc

...I'd actually forgotten about that bit til just now, sorry

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

I didn't realize Cross Ange had such wide viewership.

Dilbert is very powerful around these parts

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I think I'm harder on Rinne no Lagrange than Cross Ange cause Cross Ange starts off trashy. RnL had a lot of potential.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

Hey Polsy, do you know anything about the Gravure Idolm@ster games on the PS3? I'm kinda curious about trying them out one day, but I know absolutely nothing about them gameplay-wise.

You pick one of the idols, then you get them in whichever location/outfit you're playing with, then you can take photos of them from whichever angle/zoom level. You can also tell them to do one of various poses (cool/sexy/something else, I forget) and they randomly pick one from that set. But, yeah, it's just for taking photos with so only if you're into that.

Most/all of the im@s ones have a secondary option of 'at the beach, in a bikini', I don't know if that carried over into the CG ones.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hmm, looks like you win this round

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

You pick one of the idols, then you get them in whichever location/outfit you're playing with, then you can take photos of them from whichever angle/zoom level. You can also tell them to do one of various poses (cool/sexy/something else, I forget) and they randomly pick one from that set. But, yeah, it's just for taking photos with so only if you're into that.

Most/all of the im@s ones have a secondary option of 'at the beach, in a bikini', I don't know if that carried over into the CG ones.

Ah well, never mind then. Hopefully we'll get a real CG game someday on PS3 / 4.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

That blonde kid is totally gay

I hope Yamagi actually is, and also that he gets his boyfriend.

I'm glad this thread is now talking about yuri/yaoi mecha.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Feb 2, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Srice posted:

Other short suggestion: Gundam 0080, and much like Macross Plus it's short, very good, and you don't need to know a single thing about Gundam to enjoy it.

I can second these recommendations too, Squark.

Polsy posted:

Xenoglossia for sure

I forgot this was a thing.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I can second these recommendations too, Squark.

I forgot this was a thing.

I already watched 0080, I can't believe you guys forgot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've made up a new posting rule for myself not to recommend or even mention anything I haven't seen in the past couple of years.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I would be amazed if he wasn't, and it'll be dumb if the entire thing is just a setup for tragedy if Shino dies.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

in a just world, Tandem Lover would have an anime adaptation

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Same, but yotsuba instead.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

There's lesbians in there and nothing you fuckers say will ever convince me otherwise!

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Jostiband posted:

There's lesbians in there and nothing you fuckers say will ever convince me otherwise!

youre right

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
when an anime character is aware of their exact number of eyelashes..

said in a completely serious moment.. I lol'd.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

when an anime character is aware of their exact number of eyelashes..

said in a completely serious moment.. I lol'd.

I dunno man, it seems like it'd be pretty trivial to know that when you have so few eyelashes.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Strange Quark posted:

I dunno man, it seems like it'd be pretty trivial to know that when you have so few eyelashes.

it's more like why did she even say it at all, it wasn't needed beyond the, what i assume was, a joke. It was just serious moment though and then she said that and I just cracked up laughing

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm glad this thread is now talking about yuri/yaoi mecha.

:yeah:

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

thats why kana is the best

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this is love

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

What is this from!!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

What is this from!!!

guy in the lower left looks like the Star Ocean 5 protagonist

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

could SO5 be.... good?!?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

pandaK posted:

so mad that I went and watched the second ep with just me and that one other guy who stuck around sorry I can't remember who you were

It was me. :(

Julias fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 2, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

could SO5 be.... good?!?

I hope so.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
What is with all these random people wanting to buy Holo!?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Erg posted:

could SO5 be.... good?!?

It'd be hard for it to be worse than 4

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

It'd be hard for it to be worse than 4

I liked 3 a lot, but never finished it because my old PS2 got busted while I was playing it and battles would take up to a minute to load

I heard the actual battle system of 4 was fun, but never played it because of the everything else surrounding it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Erg posted:

could SO5 be.... good?!?

everything about it but the weird faces looks good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

looking smart there midori

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

everything about it but the weird faces looks good

I think it's just the pink haired girl, everyone else seems fine?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

i do not like the witch's outfit

i understand i am probably in the minority

she's got a sweet hat though

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Erg posted:

i do not like the witch's outfit

i understand i am probably in the minority

she's got a sweet hat though

Haven't looked at them in a while, I'll assume that's the dumb looking diamond thing. I agree with you.

Wizard hats are always cool.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Oh wow it's even dumber than I remembered. Pink girl's outfit looks nice though. Even a hat that good can't compensate for that.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Reds posted:

Oh wow it's even dumber than I remembered. Pink girl's outfit looks nice though. Even a hat that good can't compensate for that.

That bappage looks really jarring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

There's something a bit off about the character models in Star Ocean 5, maybe it's the skin texture. Something about the faces and hair feels at odds with the graphical design, like the faces and hair don't quite mesh well with the world and the model design.

Is that just me? Game's on my watch list anyway.

• Locked thread