Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It looks very uncomfortable and prone to chafing in the heat of battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a nice hat though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nice!

Also, http://steamcommunity.com/games/405900/announcements/detail/903338506721774700

Finally!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I didn't realise that those were gaps in the material at first :sweatdrop: and yeah, it seems a bit impractical but then witches aren't supposed to be the type to do all the running around anyway so why not experiment with fashion, I guess?

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a nice hat though.

:agreed:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
what is the poll about

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fire Emblem

I think

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Skwee posted:

what is the poll about

anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Sakurazuka posted:

Fire Emblem

I think

oh

never played disgaea, is the pc version a port or something

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Skwee posted:

what is the poll about

Endorph posted:

sakura is your younger sister and is shy but strongwilled

hinoka is strongwilled and headstrong to a fault

camilla has big baps

elise is pure

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Knorth posted:

I didn't realise that those were gaps in the material at first :sweatdrop:

oh, lol, same, that didn't even occur to me any of the times I've seen that posted

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Skwee posted:

never played disgaea, is the pc version a port or something

It is. You should play it IMO.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Truga posted:

It is. You should play it IMO.

you should definitely play it first if you're interested in it, because even Disgaea 2 has enough improvements that going backwards from it is going to be rough

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Tortured metaphors are my favourite kind of metaphors.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Morning chat thread.

Droyer posted:

I preferred the old one

I felt Rui had used up his nine lives, and it was time for a Cataclysmic change.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hi Sen. I don't know what the reference is so I have no strong opinions.

Miraculous Ladybug, a French-Korean cartoon about superheroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5P7JmrrPA

My avatar is the sidekick, Chat Noir, a categorically incorrigible flirt, who spends all his supurrhero'd screentime purring out cat puns.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I ate a pizza today, AMA

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Terper posted:

I ate a pizza today, AMA

was it good?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Terper posted:

I ate a pizza today, AMA

What type of Pizza?

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Reds posted:

Oh wow it's even dumber than I remembered. Pink girl's outfit looks nice though. Even a hat that good can't compensate for that.

im in love with the diamond drill titty witchy. not gonna play this though

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Senerio posted:

I felt Rui had used up his nine lives, and it was time for a Cataclysmic change.

The rapid blinking is freaking me out

should have had a pause frame imo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Droyer posted:

was it good?

Yeah, but now my palate's hurting a bit

Senerio posted:

What type of Pizza?

A capricciosa. Ham and mushrooms

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Well, Spice + Wolf s2 was good even if I was pretty ready for that last arc to end as quickly as it could. It was interesting enough and Abe and Rigolo were cool but going from one drama filled plan where Lawrence risks his relationship with Holo to make a quick profit immediately to another left me a bit fatigued... really could have used a few standalone episodes of more relaxed, travelling adventures.

:3:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Erg posted:

The rapid blinking is freaking me out

should have had a pause frame imo

Man, it was hard enough to find a good enough gif of this. It was this or the girl in this:

But as much as catty Marinette is fun, it doesn't let me make all the cat puns I could want.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Knorth posted:

Well, Spice + Wolf s2 was good

Holowns. Sad that there's no season 3, but with how it goes from here, maybe they ended it in the purrfect place.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Senerio posted:

Morning chat thread.

My avatar is the sidekick, Chat Noir, a categorically incorrigible flirt, who spends all his supurrhero'd screentime purring out cat puns.

That looks goofy and I'm going to watch an episode of it :)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I get it, it's because "chat" means "cat" in french!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Knorth posted:

That looks goofy and I'm going to watch an episode of it :)

Watch it in French, not English. Talk about a catastrophe!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

That probably would have been more amusing if Senerio hadn't explained the cat pun thing while I was typing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
But yeah, Miraculous Ladybug is fun. I'm working my way through it slowly. Just make sure to grab the one sub group's version of L'imposteur (L'impurrsteur) that is just the episode plus all the cat puns.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The dub does the thing where it is blatantly clear that it's a 40+ year old dude writing teenagers with cringeworthy slang.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Speaking of Disgaea, in Disgaea 5 how did the English VA for Seraphina end up doing a much better noblewoman's laugh than the Japanese one? That never happens.

Actually, I think I like most of the voices better so far in the English dub, and that doesn't happen too often either.

But especially Seraphina.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
9 times out of 10 99 times out of 100, the Japanese voice track is better, but that one time is why I put up with all the poo poo dubs.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I've lost track of where to go for non-anime shows lately so I just went to youtube...

Senerio posted:

But yeah, Miraculous Ladybug is fun. I'm working my way through it slowly. Just make sure to grab the one sub group's version of L'imposteur (L'impurrsteur) that is just the episode plus all the cat puns.

What's the go-to group for it?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Knorth posted:

I've lost track of where to go for non-anime shows lately so I just went to youtube...

What's the go-to group for it?

I literally use both Miraculousubs and mlsubbing because between the two of them they have most of the episodes subbed in French. They both have tumblrs. I use Miraculousubs when they're available and mlsubbing when Miraculousubs isn't.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kylra posted:

Speaking of Disgaea, in Disgaea 5 how did the English VA for Seraphina end up doing a much better noblewoman's laugh than the Japanese one? That never happens.

Actually, I think I like most of the voices better so far in the English dub, and that doesn't happen too often either.

But especially Seraphina.

I like the D5 dub and think all the main characters sound really good. Apparently the generic characters had a lot of voice clips cut for the English dub though? Which is sad, but if you've got to cut some corners that's where you do it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Terper posted:

A capricciosa. Ham and mushrooms

Good choice.

Senerio posted:

The way they pronounce the show title is physically painful, though. :(

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Senerio posted:

9 times out of 10 99 times out of 100, the Japanese voice track is better, but that one time is why I put up with all the poo poo dubs.
Seriously, the JP track just takes me out of it because she's not doing it right and it just sounds weird!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Senerio posted:

I literally use both Miraculousubs and mlsubbing because between the two of them they have most of the episodes subbed in French. They both have tumblrs. I use Miraculousubs when they're available and mlsubbing when Miraculousubs isn't.

Ah okay, good, I found Miraculousubs Channel :) That's characters are cute and dorks

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Some other tumblr has a recommended viewing order, and I've been following that. It works well enough, because all three languages have different episode orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Erg posted:

I like the D5 dub and think all the main characters sound really good. Apparently the generic characters had a lot of voice clips cut for the English dub though? Which is sad, but if you've got to cut some corners that's where you do it.
They did. It's obvious when I flip between the two and check the voice previews at the recruiter. The English generic unit voiceovers tend to be more 1-syllable "Yip!" "Uah!" and "Eee!" type noises while the Japanese ones have more 2 or 3 syllable words/noises or short sentences.

I like the main character voice work a lot better though, so I've been going with the English dub.

• Locked thread