Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

I think he thinks he should be where Jimmy is.

:lol: That rules, gently caress that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Medullah posted:

I think he thinks he should be where Jimmy is.

I haven't listened in a while, but I will listen to the episode where this is finally ranted about.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Wasn't that part of the plot of Road Hard?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Red posted:

I haven't listened in a while, but I will listen to the episode where this is finally ranted about.

Dont waste your time, he has never said that.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JB50 posted:

Dont waste your time, he has never said that.

He's implying that he will listen to that episode someday when Adam breaks down

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Adam and Drew show ran classic lovelines over the holiday and even though I listened to them 10-ish years ago it was pretty fun to listen to them again (IMO you can skip the Dixie Chick one, unless you don't know that story at all).

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Adam said on today's show he's going to see how long into the new year he can go without taking a shower. You see, because he doesn't stink.

I hope he forces Bryan and Gina to smell his sweaty racing suit again.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What a loving pig.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Hopefully Gina will haltingly compliment him on his lack of BO and then throw up on air.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
It reminds me of the loveline days and Adam's "hobo power" measurement of smell. 0 was no smell. 10 hobos was a good, manly fart. 50 set the hobo benchmark with a cat that has been fed only bleu cheese making GBS threads onto a white-hot hibachi. 100 hobos was the absolute limit, a smell so bad that it would cause immediate death.

Above 25 hobos required the smeller to puke.

At 5 days in, I bet Adam is right about there at 25. But he probably thinks he doesn't stink because it would take a solid 10 minutes for someone to explain how your brain filters out your own smell so your swampy rear end doesn't cover up things like rotting food or a nearby predator.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I was watching a documentary on the real Rick Ross (not the rapper) and they interviewed his mom and the goddamn smoke alarm beeped like 20 times. All I could think of was Adam going crazy back in the day.

Her son made 3 million a day and 20 years later her smoke alarm is beeping. Shameful poo poo

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Don't worry, there's nary a YouTube viral video that goes by that I don't notice that loving beep. Hell, when it starts going off in my house, I notice it on the first two beeps it makes, it's so obnoxious.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

That's literally woken me up from deep sleep before. I don't know how anyone could tune it out.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It didn't take long. Adam depresses me now and hearing his nasal whine I'm starting to associate with a buzzkill. He's quick and smart and says funny things but it's all under a torrent of endless negativity and bullshit. Thread was right, it was fun when I hadn't heard it before but that shine comes off real quick.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

there was a night where i stood on the deck of my old apartment for at least 20 minutes because i heard two separate smoke alarm beeps in the distance. had to move out of that neighborhood quickly after that.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Ribsauce posted:

I was watching a documentary on the real Rick Ross (not the rapper) and they interviewed his mom and the goddamn smoke alarm beeped like 20 times. All I could think of was Adam going crazy back in the day.

Her son made 3 million a day and 20 years later her smoke alarm is beeping. Shameful poo poo

Listening to Loveline for years means I notice this so often and in so many places and most other people don't know what I'm talking about just like those callers from the radio show.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I don't know if anyone else was with me with the "I like it when Drew interviews crazy reality star people because Drew's wonderment move draws them out and you get a sense of their broken brains" but Farrah Abraham was a good example of this.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

You guys would like the show from the 28th. Adam had Rep. Richard Martin on, I guess he's a "Republican" satirist and they had some pretty great improv together. If you can't stand the right leaning stuff this would be one of the shows to check out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm curious, I haven't listened to Adam regularly in over a year now. Where does he stand on Trump?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Boinks posted:

You guys would like the show from the 28th. Adam had Rep. Richard Martin on, I guess he's a "Republican" satirist and they had some pretty great improv together. If you can't stand the right leaning stuff this would be one of the shows to check out.

"Richard Martin" is comedian Paul Gilmartin, who does the Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast. He's a good guy. Talked to Adam about his mental problems on an early episode too.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Representative Richard Martin appeared on a TACS from, like, 2009 or so. One of my favorite episodes ever, he had his wife, Jazz, in with him (loving Maria Bamford!) as well.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The two of them were on an early episode of Comedy Bang Bang (Death Ray Radio, even) when Jimmy Pardo was guest hosting and it took me embarrassingly long to realise they weren't real.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Gilmartin is riotously funny and always has been. I've been a fan since hearing him on Bob and Tom in Indianapolis in 1994. It's amazing to me he's still around.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Representative Richard Martin appeared on a TACS from, like, 2009 or so. One of my favorite episodes ever, he had his wife, Jazz, in with him (loving Maria Bamford!) as well.

Yeah, that was a great one.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I wish they would have read some of the angry comments and stuff on the show. Could have been pretty funny

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Medullah posted:

I'm curious, I haven't listened to Adam regularly in over a year now. Where does he stand on Trump?

In my opinion he's a secret supporter. He interviewed both Trump and Cruz on the podcast and gave them both softball questions. Trump is like the Adam Carolla of politics. He has all these silly ideas that anyone can disprove with one or two simple questions, but he ignores or avoids those questions so some people hang on every word he says.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Moniker posted:

In my opinion he's a secret supporter. He interviewed both Trump and Cruz on the podcast and gave them both softball questions. Trump is like the Adam Carolla of politics. He has all these silly ideas that anyone can disprove with one or two simple questions, but he ignores or avoids those questions so some people hang on every word he says.

The more I think about it, the more parallels I find between them...

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

How funny is it now that Adam "Ive never been sick" Carolla is now sick.

Of course he says you arent sick until you miss work, which doesnt make sense in the context of him saying "I never get sick because I expose myself to all the germs".

No Adam, youre sick, and you probably got it from Gina because she was sick in the studio recently.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Moniker posted:

They weren't great interviews or anything but he asked Trump how he was going to get Mexico to pay for the wall two times in a way that made it clear he wasn't buying it and he asked Cruz how his tax plan would affect revenue in a way that made it clear he wasn't buying it. Trump was mostly chummy and Cruz was sort of stilted. Totally clear Carolla would take either over Hillary, though.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
If I were to wager, I'd say he hates Hillary because he hates women, hates Bernie because he resents the poor, and hates his mother for both

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is he still not bathing

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Tweak posted:

is he still not bathing

As of mid last week, not with soap or shampoo.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Pfft. I'm on year 5 no soap or shampoo.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I think he washes his crotch and armpits at the sink. I'm not sure exactly sure what the whole point of the shower boycott is, but I'm sure Lynette must love it.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

I think he washes his crotch and armpits at the sink. I'm not sure exactly sure what the whole point of the shower boycott is, but I'm sure Lynette must love it.

Everything everyone else does is wrong is his logic.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Sheesh. Don't take the front row seats at live shows.

It reminds me how, at cancer treatment centers, you've got a body odor issue. Everyone needs to be fragrance-free, but for some people that somehow translates to deodorant-free and shampoo-free. So it can't be ignored and has to be addressed quite bluntly when someone has a funk.

It's not just because smells can trigger migraines and nausea, but that many forms of chemo give you hyperosmia. And it can stick around too. Some patients will describe it as like having a loving superpower that drastically changes their food preferences and can make it so they can do so crazy poo poo like tell that you went to Krispy Kreme hours ago or spent time by saltwater somewhat recently. You've got people who repaint their entire houses with Kilz odor-blocking paint because they can now smell cigarettes that the previous owner smoked 20 years ago.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm mentioning this. It's not like he's sharing an enclosed space with a guy with a brain tumor or anything.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

pangstrom posted:

They weren't great interviews or anything but he asked Trump how he was going to get Mexico to pay for the wall two times in a way that made it clear he wasn't buying it and he asked Cruz how his tax plan would affect revenue in a way that made it clear he wasn't buying it. Trump was mostly chummy and Cruz was sort of stilted. Totally clear Carolla would take either over Hillary, though.

Adam has talked about supporting a flat tax for years hasn't he? Doesn't Cruz support the same idea?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

How funny is it now that Adam "Ive never been sick" Carolla is now sick.

Of course he says you arent sick until you miss work, which doesnt make sense in the context of him saying "I never get sick because I expose myself to all the germs".

No Adam, youre sick, and you probably got it from Gina because she was sick in the studio recently.

Or from his daughter who was sick as poo poo for like 7 days straight, or wife who is also sick.

The rest of your post is 100% spot on though. Just admit that one can be sick and it's okay.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Moniker posted:

Adam has talked about supporting a flat tax for years hasn't he? Doesn't Cruz support the same idea?
He definitely thinks the rich pay more than "their share", which is basically along those lines, but I think he also was taking the interview semi-seriously, at least in a performantive sense, and probably has heard the cruz numbers don't add up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Anyone catch yesterday's Will Andrew Eat It? It boggles my mind how someone can be a 27 year old adult and still have the eating habits of an 8 year old.