Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

quadrophrenic posted:

i swear to god ed used to be funny but maybe i used to be a piece of poo poo

I imagine documenting internet drama was itself a gigantic magnet for further internet drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the question becomes: are the "old guard" of ED grown people who still call strangers faggots, or have they tutored a new generation of dorks to do the same thing?

My impression is that it's become a shibboleth, so it just becomes part of the dialect.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's not. It's basically the equivalent of if all the people here who were waaaaaay too obsessed with Doobie/DemoniusX/Dan Quinn/Star Citizen etc made their own wiki where they fastidiously record every single thing that person or group or whatever does. There can be humurous stuff but it's buried under tons of creepy and gross bullshit, usually with a side helping of dumb photoshops and fanart. Think Hellthread if it was massive and run by mid 2000s 4chan.

Edit: apparently there's a filter that turns "H e l l thread" into garbage pit now

Someone actually did make a Doobie's Dog House wiki.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does ED still have pages on "whores" who were mostly young women, many under 18 who channers would scam nudes out of, then threaten to release them to family and friends if they didn't do more, and then do it anyways. The ED articles would repost all those pictures, even the ones for the younger girls?

I appeared once on ED, and that was because someone posted a image of the banned list for the time when everyone who had ever used a certain phrase was banned, and I was right there at the top.

http://imgur.com/gallery/J2XH16P
All these girls, they just wanna have sex with me!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

Aside from how 'c u c k' [also filtered] was a thing for a while I guess.

The "c u c k" filter is great, I just found out about it from this post. I don't often venture into GBS, was it really overused that much?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow that meme usage is so incorrect :argh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

The "c u c k" filter is great, I just found out about it from this post. I don't often venture into GBS, was it really overused that much?

I remember seeing it now and then and then I think republicans- or just right wing people on twitter to be fair- actually started saying it unironically as well. I don't hang around GBS or Yospos or whatever either because I prefer threads that're lower on shitposts than higher. So I can't really tell you. I just brought it up because it's one of the few memes I can remember from this website :v:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

twistedmentat posted:

Does ED still have pages on "whores" who were mostly young women, many under 18 who channers would scam nudes out of, then threaten to release them to family and friends if they didn't do more, and then do it anyways. The ED articles would repost all those pictures, even the ones for the younger girls?

I appeared once on ED, and that was because someone posted a image of the banned list for the time when everyone who had ever used a certain phrase was banned, and I was right there at the top.

http://imgur.com/gallery/J2XH16P
All these girls, they just wanna have sex with me!

quote:

I love imgur more then anything else. You guys help me out in situations I can't talk to anyone else about.

I hope this is a joke because otherwise :laffo:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

trapped mouse posted:

Like 15 times a page, every loving page on GBS. I think it actually surpassed "I'm Gay" in running a joke into the ground.

Edit:

Ahahah didn't know there was a filter for "i m g a y" either.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha I guess world filters are the new joke meta and I wholeheartedly approve.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tom brady

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Tom Brady?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wordfilters are wonderful

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

tom brady

Tim Brody?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
C u c k and im g a y used to be the standard reply as a way to shut down threads before they even began and because it's gbs it got obnoxious quickly. Goku might get one eventually.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

C u c k and im g a y used to be the standard reply as a way to shut down threads before they even began and because it's gbs it got obnoxious quickly. Goku might get one eventually.

beecock

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Which mod was it who used to embed soundtracks into bad threads, like cowboy yodelling?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Which mod was it who used to embed soundtracks into bad threads, like cowboy yodelling?

They really need to bring that back.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

They really need to bring that back.

Go on then; what music do you envisage for this thread?

e: Enaurage I guess :shrug:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Jerry Cotton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pwyjqq2ju4

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jerry Cotton posted:

https://youtu.be/yw7lUMC-m3Q

Wait, no, this https://youtu.be/ck14LKBI9GM

Edit: should probably mention these may be :nws: depending on where you work

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Feb 1, 2016

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Wait, no, this https://youtu.be/ck14LKBI9GM

Edit: should probably mention these may be :nws: depending on where you work

Ahh yes, the commercial that awakened a thousand furries.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

trapped mouse posted:

i want to know what cuck filters to

e: cool

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CommunistPancake posted:

i want to know what cuck filters to

e: cool

What was this originally?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

RFC2324 posted:

What was this originally?

it's "c u c k" because people kept mentioning it

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CommunistPancake posted:

it's "c u c k" because people kept mentioning it

Oh good. That was one of the more annoying ones.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I always liked how smug goons would mock people who didn't know how to disable it.

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

For a time "gently caress" used to auto-correct to "gently caress". Was great reading some threads back then.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My favorite was that single minute where every single space got filtered to USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Jisae posted:

For a time "gently caress" used to auto-correct to "gently caress". Was great reading some threads back then.

Pretty sure it does this for non registered lurkers

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I remember at some point "definately" would change to "NOTE: THIS USED CAN'T SPELL DEFINITELY CORRECTLY" or something like that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Smelly posted:

Pretty sure it does this for non registered lurkers

And it's always fun when someone who has been lurking unregistered finally registers and thinks it's just part of "SA slang" and goes into a thread like "gently caress this poo poo, it's loving good!" :allears:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Picnic Princess posted:

I remember at some point "definately" would change to "NOTE: THIS USED CAN'T SPELL DEFINITELY CORRECTLY" or something like that.

I would be okay with that coming back, smug and passive aggressive as it is.

Also "could of".

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Also "palette cleanser"

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Ahh yes, the commercial that awakened a thousand furries.

I don't know why the French are so in love with their furry anthropomorphic animals. Orangina especially just doesn't want to give up on its furry based ad campaign. Idgi

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Digirat posted:

My favorite was that single minute where every single space got filtered to USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.

Oh is that what it was? I just thought my browser or the database collapsed.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Your Computer posted:

And it's always fun when someone who has been lurking unregistered finally registers and thinks it's just part of "SA slang" and goes into a thread like "gently caress this poo poo, it's loving good!" :allears:

What were/are the other filters? I can only remember "friend of the family" for the n-word :v:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"rediculous" used to correct itself. Also this smilie, :their: used to be hilarious.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
http://imgur.com/gallery/hWB5K

I'm not sure I can elucidate how this is racist, but it sure does feel racist to me, or at the very least really gross and weird. And there's definitely some good ol fashioned racist gems in the comments, certainly:

quote:

If you are Nubian I want you to be in every fantasy, but if you're a whitey say nighty nighty you're just not the girl for me.

quote:

...honest question, are you "black" because of your skin color solely? because a lot of these women have european facial features.

quote:

I've always found that when it comes to black women they're either stunning or munting. Doesn't seem to be a midpoint

quote:

Their hair is SO COOL! I can't get a single curl to hold, let alone any of that cool poo poo

quote:

Such lovely hair, curly and bouncy.

quote:

One of my weaknesses is my love for dark/colored women. The most beautiful women there are.

maybe I'm being nitpicky and oversensitive? idk. i feel like some of this post is crossing over into a "look at this beautiful exotic creature" sorta thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

quadrophrenic posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/hWB5K

I'm not sure I can elucidate how this is racist, but it sure does feel racist to me, or at the very least really gross and weird. And there's definitely some good ol fashioned racist gems in the comments, certainly:

maybe I'm being nitpicky and oversensitive? idk. i feel like some of this post is crossing over into a "look at this beautiful exotic creature" sorta thing

Nah, the post is gross as heck.

Also, my eyes literally rolled out of my head and are currently making their way across the floor at this part:

quote:

Since there were many negative connotations attached to being a “ginger” RHM switched those negatives into a positive.
You heard it here first, redheads were looked down upon in society until ~*~imgur~*~ started the "Red Head Monday" trend of posting the same 5 women with dyed red hair over and over every loving week.

• Locked thread