Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Scathach posted:

Posted by some jackass that I for some reason follow on Facebook. I must have been drunk when I friended him.

I'm no haircut expert, but that to me just looks like "The Rachael" from the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Question Mark Mound posted:

pro-rape activist
????
this cannot seriously be a thing

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

paradoxGentleman posted:

????

If you want to continue to believe this, do not look up the individual known as Roosh V.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

????

IIRC it's those guys who are conspicuously concerned about rape laws being too broad, and who keep insisting that the real issue with rape are false accusations. Plus of course they tend to oppose any awareness-raising programs about active consent and the like.

So you know, they're technically not pro-rape. They're just pro- everything that makes rape harder to prosecute and prevent :pseudo:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Perestroika posted:

IIRC it's those guys who are conspicuously concerned about rape laws being too broad, and who keep insisting that the real issue with rape are false accusations. Plus of course they tend to oppose any awareness-raising programs about active consent and the like.

So you know, they're technically not pro-rape. They're just pro- everything that makes rape harder to prosecute and prevent :pseudo:

Isn't one of them advocating that rape should be legal as long as it's on private property or something?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Serperoth posted:

Isn't one of them advocating that rape should be legal as long as it's on private property or something?

Yep, that's Roosh. :eng101:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Serperoth posted:

This dude?

Of course, it's just lawmakers who think rape should be legal if abortion is and who really don't know if having sex with an unconscious person is always rape.

And even though it's not about rape, there's an elected official in Idaho that thought babies are really carried in the tummy.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm no haircut expert, but that to me just looks like "The Rachael" from the 90s.

No, that's not quite the Rachel oh god why do I know this?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Tiggum posted:

If you want to continue to believe this, do not look up the individual known as Roosh V.
This was actually the guy who's organising the event the comment was about.

The National - Scottish Newspaper posted:

Only heterosexual men will be allowed to attend the meetings, and any women attempting to come along will be filmed with footage sent to his worldwide “anti-feminist” network who will then “exact furious retribution”.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Idiots like that should be legally punchable imo. Some sort of outlawry judgement.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Scathach posted:

poo poo, poor Lowtax. That's loving sad (also Schmorky I hope your mate gets the help she needs.)

Update for this from Schmorky's twitter.

Apparently Schmorky's now ex is in hospital and Schmorky escaped the abusive situation that said ex was dragging Lowtax and Mrs Lowtax over hot coals for.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:unsmith: this was probably the best end we could have hoped for.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Fathis Munk posted:

Idiots like that should be legally punchable imo. Some sort of outlawry judgement.

Apparently he got thoroughly owned when he went to Canada, so that's something.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/roosh-v-chased-out-of-montreal-bar

I wish the woman that he bothered did not doxx him so I could say that I love everything about this.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I like Norm Kelly's take on it. Also why was he wearing a wig, is that part of his peacocking or is it just to hide that he's a terrible human being?

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon
Been lucky to not have many I's on my SM, but then this happened

I replied with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0
(It's a 13-second laugh track)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Well once she sees that he'll be back to zero "bitches". And they'll be down one cock (to keep with the animal metaphors).

Edit: Referring to two posts above mine.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Feb 2, 2016

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's all about Hilary selling Canadian Uranium to the commies!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Lottery of Babylon posted:

a few fags, and homos literally changing the landscape…….

So, are they hiring contractors, or are they actually the crews driving the excavators and backhoes and dump trucks and stuff

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Question Mark Mound posted:

I finally have my own IOSM to post!

This was re: a story where a PUA and pro-rape activist was organising an event in Scotland.

Kill him. No jury would convict you.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah Roosh and Return of Kings are trying to come to my hometown, but the council are scrambling to try and stop it. Probably for their own safety, as I'm sure the usual anarchists and anti fascists will turn up and get in their faces, like whenever the EDL and other idiot mobs turn up to find themselves outnumbered.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of rape, this was on my feed yesterday.

Ok, not trying to make fun of rape, but not really believing it happened. In the 5 or so years since I reconnected with her (casual high school friend), she had a baby, immediately got divorced, immediately after that adopted 3 brothers, lost her job, got a new job, almost died falling down stairs, recovered (prayers), started having seizures, almost died again (prayers), and now gets back and forth from teaching job via Uber.

I'm confused as to why none of those replies are "WTF, Mary?".

It just occurred to me I haven't seen pictures of her kids in a long time. :ohdear:

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Feb 2, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

ratbert90 posted:

Agreed with the meme; get Samoas instead. :colbert:

Shortbread or gtfo

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Krispy Kareem posted:

Ok, not trying to make fun of rape, but not really believing it happened.

I'm confused as to why none of those replies are "WTF, Mary?".

Because that's a lovely, insane thing to say when a friend tells you they've been raped?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Eponine posted:

- I don't even know how "GMO bacteria" make vitamins but then again none of these ingredients make sense.

Vitamin B12 is made industrially from fermentation of bacteria. Apparently only bacteria can make B12, but animals must get it from symbiosis. Wikipedia only mentions one company using GMO bacteria for its production though.

Of course this doesn't rule out GMO production of other vitamins and I don't know if B12 is commonly added to these foods.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Travis343 posted:

Because that's a lovely, insane thing to say when a friend tells you they've been raped?

Yeah, even if you think she's mentally ill and doubt the validity of her claim, trying to call her out openly in 'public' about it is really not going to help anyone or be of use.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Eponine posted:

- I don't even know how "GMO bacteria" make vitamins but then again none of these ingredients make sense.

I know we also use GMO bacteria to produce insulin these days, probably a few other things. Hormones maybe? GMO hormones. That'll scare 'em.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yeah, even if you think she's mentally ill and doubt the validity of her claim, trying to call her out openly in 'public' about it is really not going to help anyone or be of use.

I guess you're right, it's just weird seeing someone implode on my Facebook feed in real time. Hopefully this is all a bad med reaction.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

I think the issue is putting incredibly personal stuff like that in a public place. If any of that poo poo had happened to me I sure as hell wouldn't be telling all the 'friends' I have on FB.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

CitizenKain posted:

That's right, DEAD FOOD.

That's the food babe. She's kind of special.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Rondette posted:

I think the issue is putting incredibly personal stuff like that in a public place. If any of that poo poo had happened to me I sure as hell wouldn't be telling all the 'friends' I have on FB.

Unless you've been raped you have no idea what you're talking about. The idea of how victims "should" behave ruins many cases.

"So you were raped but you just went home and didn't go to the cops after being severely traumatized? HOW DO YOU WE KNOW YOU'RE NOT JUST A SLUT"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah it's kinda stupid to just go "I bet she made it up" without more reason than that.

Also this is a pretty depressing but instructive read

http://www.propublica.org/article/false-rape-accusations-an-unbelievable-story

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Throwing Turtles posted:

That's the food babe. She's kind of special.

Goddamn fast food places, putting NATURAL loving FLAVORS in their food

wake up, sheeple

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Scarf posted:

Shortbread or gtfo

Woah now, let's not say things we can't take back.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Unless you've been raped you have no idea what you're talking about. The idea of how victims "should" behave ruins many cases.

"So you were raped but you just went home and didn't go to the cops after being severely traumatized? HOW DO YOU WE KNOW YOU'RE NOT JUST A SLUT"

Since you're assuming to know me, I shall tell you that actually, I have.

I didn't tell anyone for years, I was ashamed and felt it was my fault that I let the situation happen, so yeah, I do have some idea of what I am talking about.

It was also long before FB was a thing but there is no way I would have posted about it on there.

My point was generally oversharing poo poo on FB. I guess I am just talking about my own experiences here but I try and keep my FB feed as drama free as possible, and always find it faintly embarrassing seeing these sorts of posts that air family secrets, feuds misadventures and stuff to everyone.

eta- I never said she made it up. I don't know where you are getting that from what I originally posted.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I mean yeah, FB shouldn't really be the place for this kind of stuff, but increasingly it is becoming considered a valid form of self-expression in the social sphere. People use it to communicate with each other as human beings. This is the same 'public' vs. 'private' debate that's been going on for decades, in a new form.

You can't fight progress. And you can't use 'well, I wouldn't have done it that way!' as anything other than an indicator for how you'd act.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Social media is beginning to make me feel old. :( Things are changing.

And yes I am speaking from my own experience, I guess I'm just an old-fashioned gal who doesn't feel the need to share everything like that person does. I still think it is inappropriate.

My general rule of thumb for posting is- 'Would I get up on a stage IRL and shout or share whatever it is I am about to post to the 700 odd people potentially watching?'

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rondette posted:

Mental illness sucks and often makes you behave irrationally.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

CitizenKain posted:

That's right, DEAD FOOD.

Food Babe is the worst. She was the one making a big stink over Subway bread being one molecule away from yoga mats, and famously said that chemicals aren't safe to ingest. Any chemical, ever.

The idea of taking buttery Ritz crackers and slathering them with chocolate and shortening makes me gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah it's kinda stupid to just go "I bet she made it up" without more reason than that.

Also this is a pretty depressing but instructive read

http://www.propublica.org/article/false-rape-accusations-an-unbelievable-story

:staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog:

Wow. Pro click of the month.