Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

many johnnys posted:

xenoblade x has an entire race of tiny aliens voiced by schmorky

It's me, Galoopo. Please bring me 20 of your Earth pizzas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Here's how I did it. I modified farming the level 35 nemesis technique. It seems faster and easier than anything I found online

You'll need one level 50 skell and 3 level 30 skells.

Get Blade Medals
1) Recruit some blades, level 40 or under.
2) Go to the ascension place in Noctilum.
3) All the way to the east there's a raised platform with some weird rear end insects popping up. They look like pyramids with wings.
4) Equip a level 50 Dragon Note: The Dragon either one shots these, or takes off like 95% health. If the dragon misses just run off and try again.
5) Kill one of the insects. Note: If you're flying or to close to the insect when you aggro it you'll get knocked back, but if you're walking you can aggro it without getting knocked back.
6) Release blades.

Get Tickets
1) Challenge Nemesisn (with your regular party)
2) Break off all appendages, 7 total, 4 around the wings, head, torso, tail.
3) Abandon mission
4) Turn in Nemesis Spoils

The equipment going from inside to outside for the nemesis should be
1) Crusher (2 slots) - physical damage reduces physical resistance
2) Some double swipe thing that does physical damage to enemies in front & some gravity gun
3) Shields
4) Whatever

The nemesis can not reflect physical or gravity, so it's best to go with those damage types. It reflects thermal and electric the most so never equip those damage types. If it start reading your thoughts, that's just a decoy. Attack it with your mech's pistol to get it to wear off.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

a cat youtube posted:

whats the best division for beginners/just starting?

Whichever one is first in the division rankings, currently Mediators. Blade level comes in pretty steadily for whoever (classes get bonuses, but you get some points for EVERYTHING you do), and the salvage tickets you get for max division rank daily save you a LOT of money when you get up to level 50 Skels.

To explain the division rankings, ideally people would pick the one they wanted to rep and each day it would be a close race with the winner changing, but salvage tickets are so huge and it's so cheap to swap divisions that everyone just dogpiles whoever's #1 and as a result it gets even further in the lead.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I'm not far in this (still in the bad cutscene explaining game every few minutes section) but I find the music appallingly bad and the VA mediocre at best - is there any gameplay reason not to turn the volume way down and watch netflix comedy specials or something at the same time? Are there important audio indicators that I'll be missing?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
some of the music is extremely good

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Moxie posted:

This makes it sound a little worse than it is. The Lifehold still contains their DNA and the tech to synthesize their bodies, so humans as a lifeform are saved from extinction. By their sentient robot slaves who were essentially duped into it.

I'm wondering whether the mimeosome repair tech alluded to after chapter 5 was recovered.

End game.

It does mean the only humans now alive are the currently existing mimesomes who can presumably at some point transfer their brains to real bodies now they can make them.
None of the hundreds who died because it 'didn't matter' since their "real bodies were in the lifehold" of course, just the ones who are still alive now. It also means Lao wanting humans to go extinct because only rich people were saved is even dumber!
But I thought the DNA was in those tubes that all came out and the tech was the green goo, the computer had the sequences for people's brains in. Which is why the very end confused me!

And I'm glad that you don't have to spend ages switching skell weapons out. Yes it means all the augments on them are almost always pointless but I'm glad, it's just tonnes of useless poo poo that would have made the skells fiddly and even less fun.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
after 200 hours and 54 levels i finally got my skell license. i was running out of things i could do without having a cool robot

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Zachack posted:

I'm not far in this (still in the bad cutscene explaining game every few minutes section) but I find the music appallingly bad and the VA mediocre at best - is there any gameplay reason not to turn the volume way down and watch netflix comedy specials or something at the same time? Are there important audio indicators that I'll be missing?

Ummmmmmm the music changes in battle, so that's an audio cue that you're in a fight? So you can maybe run away from any fuckoff huge enemies who approach from offscreen?

I got nothin', it's really bad

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
so do i just go ahead and get the chunky ugly amdusias or will i be able to make do with a cooler looking medium/light frame until i can get an ares

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

AfroGunsou posted:

so do i just go ahead and get the chunky ugly amdusias or will i be able to make do with a cooler looking medium/light frame until i can get an ares

If you could make do until now, you can probably still make do until you pilot the biggest baddest robot.

Speaking of, how do you make money in this game? I've been doing sidequests. Most of the probe points are very good at mining and not very good at revenue, so I only have a few key ones (still making me something like 20k whenever it pops, which is not frequent). Also where can I get more storage probes?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AfroGunsou posted:

Get the Amdusias and beat the poo poo out of things with your new fat melee tank.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH deeedlideee

BEDEPBAAA

LA

LA

LA

LA

LA

LADEEHOOO

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hakkesshu posted:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH deeedlideee

BEDEPBAAA

LA

LA

LA

LA

LA

LADEEHOOO

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

I CAN'T SEE YOU!

...1, 2, 3, 4!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Not even a different land we're stuck on a WHOOOOLE DIFFERENT PLAAAAAA-NET!

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bruceski posted:

Whichever one is first in the division rankings, currently Mediators. Blade level comes in pretty steadily for whoever (classes get bonuses, but you get some points for EVERYTHING you do), and the salvage tickets you get for max division rank daily save you a LOT of money when you get up to level 50 Skels.

To explain the division rankings, ideally people would pick the one they wanted to rep and each day it would be a close race with the winner changing, but salvage tickets are so huge and it's so cheap to swap divisions that everyone just dogpiles whoever's #1 and as a result it gets even further in the lead.

I didn't even know what the squad rewards did until this post. I just picked pathfinders because it gave you bonus healing, and in general sustain is OP in these kinds of games. I don't see how those salvage tickets are a big deal. I've never lost a single point of insurance on my mechs. If your team mates mechs get destroyed the always pull off a perfect escape and you don't lose insurance. It's pretty easy not to get your mech destroyed. The rare time it does get destroyed, it's easy to get a perfect escape because the circle thing is super slow, and there's a second or two from the destruction to the time the circle thing even starts.

AfroGunsou posted:

The heavy mechs are by far the most efficient in combat. Their downside is supposed to be they use way more fuel, but you automatically refuel when the game is off, so it's really not a big deal if you have a job and sleep at night.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Alternatively, you get so much Miranium by endgame that you can literally just spend Miranium to refuel. By the time you need to refuel again, odds are you'll be maxed out on Miranium again.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

many johnnys posted:

If you could make do until now, you can probably still make do until you pilot the biggest baddest robot.

Speaking of, how do you make money in this game? I've been doing sidequests. Most of the probe points are very good at mining and not very good at revenue, so I only have a few key ones (still making me something like 20k whenever it pops, which is not frequent). Also where can I get more storage probes?

Your biggest moneymaker is actually to put your Research Probes on areas which have sightseeing locations. Then actually find those sightseeing locations. If you click on a spot, the pop-up will tell you if the area covered by that probe has any sightseeing areas and how many you've found. Bear in mind it's the whole area covered by that probe, not just the hex its on. Each one you find gives you something crazy like 30k of extra revenue per tick. Since you get so few research probes, you have to use them efficiently.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

many johnnys posted:

Earlier in the thread there's a link to a GameFAQs post that tells you where to put stuff to make the most money. I've quoted it so if you search my posts you should find it.

And storage probes come from a few quests from Kirsty that tell you to survey the continents and slowly unlock as well as some other ones that are competitions to make X amount of money. There's a few treasure sites, mostly level 4s, that drop them too.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

gently caress this mission that Roscoe gave me to save his friends in the crashed helicopter. I can't for the life of me find the Engine part he needs from Noctilum. I managed to get through Noctilum until I found a probe site where they will spawn, but I guess my luck must be terrible. Aaaaaargh :argh:

Noctilum is full of giant lv 50 Simians and rear end in a top hat lv 40 flying fish and assholes who pop out of the ground and murder you. Even getting that far into Noctilum felt like it took forever. Fuuuuuuck

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

gently caress this mission that Roscoe gave me to save his friends in the crashed helicopter. I can't for the life of me find the Engine part he needs from Noctilum. I managed to get through Noctilum until I found a probe site where they will spawn, but I guess my luck must be terrible. Aaaaaargh :argh:

Noctilum is full of giant lv 50 Simians and rear end in a top hat lv 40 flying fish and assholes who pop out of the ground and murder you. Even getting that far into Noctilum felt like it took forever. Fuuuuuuck

If it's the Spherical EM Motor, do the separate sidequest "My Dream" and you'll get one.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They can be found in North East Noctilum, IIRC. Of course the area is absolutely lousy with high level hexes, but thats where you find them.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

many johnnys posted:

If it's the Spherical EM Motor, do the separate sidequest "My Dream" and you'll get one.

I haven't done Chapter 5 yet... Can I leave this mission unfinished?

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I haven't done Chapter 5 yet... Can I leave this mission unfinished?

Yeah, you can come back to it any time afaik.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They're in the east corner of the map, the location the Wiki has for them is pretty good and found it me quickly.

That said gently caress all the gathering quests, they're all completely loving awful. You can return and do them whenever you want but sometimes they'll be the start of a quest chain. You're not MISSING any of the steps by taking a while to do them you just might be missing out on fleshing out the city a bit more until you do come around to doing it.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The keys to making fat stacks of cash:

1) Find a probe point that has at least one sightseeing spot, and is connected to four other probe points. Find the sightseeing spot(s), then put a duplicator probe there, and surround it with your three highest rank research probes and a booster probe. There are several spots like this in the game, one per continent I think?.

2) Put a mining probe on any spot that has precious materials listed in its description. Eventually you'll end up at 99/99 of all of these, and then every time you get more they'll be automatically sold. Some of them sell for a fairly high price.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Suaimhneas posted:

The keys to making fat stacks of cash:

1) Find a probe point that has at least one sightseeing spot, and is connected to four other probe points. Find the sightseeing spot(s), then put a duplicator probe there, and surround it with your three highest rank research probes and a booster probe. There are several spots like this in the game, one per continent I think?.

2) Put a mining probe on any spot that has precious materials listed in its description. Eventually you'll end up at 99/99 of all of these, and then every time you get more they'll be automatically sold. Some of them sell for a fairly high price.

Does the quality of the probe have anything to do with how much material return you get

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Doing Definian Downfall, is Rexoskell supposed to be a brick wall or am I doing something wrong?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bruceski posted:

Doing Definian Downfall, is Rexoskell supposed to be a brick wall or am I doing something wrong?

Brick loving wall. Just go to the Scout Console, get some Level 60 guys with the Blossom Dance build and let them crush it for you.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Brick loving wall. Just go to the Scout Console, get some Level 60 guys with the Blossom Dance build and let them crush it for you.

My first thought was "large tunnels, big room, am I supposed to sneak a Skel in here somehow?"

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bruceski posted:

It is, and no you are not. Try stacking some electric and beam resistance on your gear. Its worst attacks use those elements.

What I ended up having to do was start making an infinite overdrive build (albeit with Photon Sabers instead of Longsword), and beat him to death while making myself invincible with Ghost Walker. It sucked.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Finished this, was really fun, post-game farmfest is the most horseshit thing. Though to be fair like 99% of the game doesn't even require it, you only need to spend a million hours if that level 99 jackass flying around bothers you that much.

Basically, ignore those big scary material lists and continue running around like a moron aggravating wildlife, it's much less daunting.

Also the game's music is the most loving baffling thing, it's either terrible or fantastic with absolutely no middle ground.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Sawano.txt

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

NTT posted:

Does the quality of the probe have anything to do with how much material return you get

I have no idea, sorry.

As for Definian Downfall, I tried it once, got my rear end kicked horribly going through the caves, then forgot about it until I was level 60. By that point I'd been using an infinite overdrive build for a while and basically tore through the whole place and the boss with little effort.

I don't think I even had Ghostwalker yet, I was using a knife and relied on Smooth Recovery spam to keep everyone alive

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 3, 2016

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah DD isn't bad with infinite Overdrive. I don't even use Ghostwalker in my setup but it was fine. I did hire Blossom Dance scouts for the end of Blood Lobster quest though.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The Blood Lobster boss didn't seem to be too difficult, except for the big "And then you die" attack that was apparently unblockable.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Yinlock posted:

Finished this, was really fun, post-game farmfest is the most horseshit thing. Though to be fair like 99% of the game doesn't even require it, you only need to spend a million hours if that level 99 jackass flying around bothers you that much.

Basically, ignore those big scary material lists and continue running around like a moron aggravating wildlife, it's much less daunting.

Also the game's music is the most loving baffling thing, it's either terrible or fantastic with absolutely no middle ground.

Yeah, this is pretty much right. I don't mind the grind because I like being the most overpowered rear end in a top hat I can be, but its not everyone's cup of tea. While I don't mind spending half an hour farming materials so that some rear end in a top hat boss later goes down in seconds, I'm sure others feel very differently.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Senerio posted:

Not even a different land we're stuck on a WHOOOOLE DIFFERENT PLAAAAAA-NET!

No matter how many times I hear that line it still makes me laugh.

I'm actually starting to enjoy the ridiculous night theme for NLA though.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My favorite song is the one that plays during big mission briefs.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why is noctilum's day theme so good gently caress

it's been in my subconcious since loving launch

edit:re postgame- i'd be real into it if combat didn't boil down to the exact same strategies every fight. Exploration drove the game for me a lot more than the combat ever did, and there's just not enough to fighting different bosses to support the endless grind of bigger numbers like Monster Hunter

Pomp fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Don't make my mistake. Your companions have their own BP for upgrading arts/skills, and they're a lot more viable if you pump those things up.

On an unrelated note, I just finished the story. Why did they have to leave the questions I actually cared about as sequel-bait?

• Locked thread