Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You can choose between a new rule for the february thread! What will it be?
This poll is closed.
Don't diss the Creativision. Also "Cretinvision" will get wordfiltered to "I am an rear end in a top hat" 22 10.19%
If you talk about Papyrus you will need to refer him as Mr. Papyrus, unless the author changes the pronoun. 70 32.41%
Everyone who posts in pages before the third and after the second has to write I love videogames at least once and never talk about ponies. 77 35.65%
Do not attach pools to the thread. Pools divide the community in fatties and sportys and they are highly triggering. 47 21.76%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It took me 1 year, 1 month, and 12 days but I finally beat Valkyria Chronicles. It's a really great game and I'm glad I finally went back to it.

The only thing I didn't like about it is that at the end of the game there's no recognition of any kind given to the non story units. Fire Emblem games at least give you rankings based on who you used and killed a lot of enemies with. Vyse and Jane killed the final boss all on their own, where are their medals, game??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you're gonna play another one, skip VC2 and go straight to VC3 w/ the translation patch. It still feels like a handheld version of VC1 and all the concessions to gameplay that that would entail, but it at least feels like the sort of sequel you'd expect story-wise and it doesn't have the supremely dumb class system VC2 does.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

If you're gonna play another one, skip VC2 and go straight to VC3 w/ the translation patch. It still feels like a handheld version of VC1 and all the concessions to gameplay that that would entail, but it at least feels like the sort of sequel you'd expect story-wise and it doesn't have the supremely dumb class system VC2 does.

Absolutely everything I've ever heard about 2 is bad so yeah I wasn't gonna play it.

I'll have to look into how I'd play VC3 but I'm definitely interested. This game left me wanting more.

It's kind of amazing how much I ended up liking it. Back when I bought it I played through the first 6 chapters, but really disliked chapter 6 and after hearing about how supposedly hard chapter 7 was I could never stir up the determination to keep going. Of course then when last month I was inspired to give it another try, it actually turned out that chapter 7 wasn't that bad and was probably one of my favorite chapters in the game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh my God these loving puzzles in The Witness

oh my gawwwwwwd

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
What's up with the hosed up difficulty in Mother 3? I'm in the spooky ghost mansion and the game is just a pain in the rear end to play.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
are you making the most of duster's tools?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Yeah against bosses I am, but I don't feel like wasting the time for every single battle. It's not like I can't progress but it's just really unpleasant compared to Earthbound.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

What's up with the hosed up difficulty in Mother 3? I'm in the spooky ghost mansion and the game is just a pain in the rear end to play.

the mansion is the biggest speedbump in the game and it's pretty clear sailing after that.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bloodychill posted:

Didn't Ubisoft do something similar with the employees of the fake evil game company in AssCreed looking like actual Ubisoft employees?

I dunno about that but the company is set in Montreal and they have some meta thing where they "reject" all of the characters in the previous games because they're too much against templars.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Broseph Brostar posted:

If you love VideoGames so much, why don't you marry them?

im shy

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Kins posted:

I can't forget things the internet never told me about!

I meant to link this earlier, but apparently the devs needed to release a day 1 bug patch first.

Can of Worms

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

No Such Thing posted:

the mansion is the biggest speedbump in the game and it's pretty clear sailing after that.

The ghost mansion is the definite low point but there are still a few more chapters of you playing as a single character in completely linear areas with no idea what you're doing or why.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Why is this not Lego Star Wars IV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7fDogSptXc

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Cyber Sleuth comes out today. Very excited for Digimon in 2016.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

video games as art, exhibit a:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy44s_de15Y

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lol. The preview shot of that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Another month of PC getting Arkham Knight quality ports.

Their dreams of a no more consoles future has come crashing down quicker than the microsoft office 365 servers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ah yes, that real goal that anyone expressed ever outside of your fevered clickbait fantasies.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ah yes, that real goal that anyone expressed ever outside of your fevered clickbait fantasies.

Yeah office 365 just isn't worth buying into, many places have already switched to alternatives.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Another month of PC getting Arkham Knight quality ports.

Their dreams of a no more consoles future has come crashing down quicker than the microsoft office 365 servers.

What happened this time, I know Tales of Symphonia was bad, but wasn't Tomb Raider pretty good.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FanaticalMilk posted:

What happened this time, I know Tales of Symphonia was bad, but wasn't Tomb Raider pretty good.

it's Taint Reaper, he just talks about what he wants to whether or not it makes sense at the time and then people respond all confused or angry and you feed his power

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Be vigilant and protect your taints.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Just hide a retro game cartridge in your underwear, its the equivalent of the Hebrews smearing lambs blood on their doorways.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm supposed to get Super Bunny Hop Man in for a guest episode but the fucker is never online on Steam and at this point I might have to delay the episode several weeks because I'm an idiot and didn't realize that we were chewing through content as fast as we were.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Just hide a retro game cartridge in your underwear, its the equivalent of the Hebrews smearing lambs blood on their doorways.

Smdh if you don't do this at all times.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I'm supposed to get Super Bunny Hop Man in for a guest episode but the fucker is never online on Steam and at this point I might have to delay the episode several weeks because I'm an idiot and didn't realize that we were chewing through content as fast as we were.
I don't know what it is you do but I have an old headset somewhere and will guest.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jGnFt78H8&t=1020s

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know what it is you do but I have an old headset somewhere and will guest.

We're doing an LP of 20 years of Resident Evil and I appreciate the offer and might take you up on it later (if you're serious???) but this episode is specifically slotted for George.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I like how two people loving with maxed out sliders on a character creator is the best content Polygon can produce

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

We're doing an LP of 20 years of Resident Evil and I appreciate the offer and might take you up on it later (if you're serious???) but this episode is specifically slotted for George.
Sure, why not? I've only played a little bit of RE 4 but I love to talk.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sure, why not? I've only played a little bit of RE 4 but I love to talk.

I'll PM you when we're getting near an open slot and we can work out a time.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Dubstep Everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDUmNkYy6kY

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Broseph Brostar posted:

I like how two people loving with maxed out sliders on a character creator is the best content Polygon can produce

The brothers are good, actually.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
in light of recent events i watched this and shed a tear thinking of a better time

http://www.somethingawful.com/flash-tub/gaming-guyz-3/

Also I'm really not ready for the next two or three months of gaming. Ain't got the money to spend.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Heavy Lobster posted:

The brothers are good, actually.

Agreed. Monster Factory is the only comedy gaming series I can watch because it's a half hour of concise non-stop chuckles instead of hours of people playing a game badly with a few scattered jokes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I follow Two Best Friends Play on and off and it's really exhausting how loving terrible they play a game, getting stuck for like 50 minutes at a really easy spot because they have zero comprehension skills. Then when they get called out on it they fall back on the "well this isn't a pro gaming channel" excuse, ignoring the fact that all they had to do was edit out the completely boring dead air.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lurdiak posted:

I follow Two Best Friends Play on and off and it's really exhausting how loving terrible they play a game, getting stuck for like 50 minutes at a really easy spot because they have zero comprehension skills. Then when they get called out on it they fall back on the "well this isn't a pro gaming channel" excuse, ignoring the fact that all they had to do was edit out the completely boring dead air.

I wish they'd just stick to games they are actually knowledgeable about but that wouldn't get them that sick youtube money.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lady Naga posted:

Over Christmas break you uploaded like three 40 minute videos daily. It was kind of hard to keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Mak0rz posted:

Over Christmas break you uploaded like three 40 minute videos daily. It was kind of hard to keep up.

It was two 30~ minute videos because I wasn't cutting them properly since our recording schedule is wacky but we're back to what I was originally envisioning (2 20 minute videos, daily if we can, otherwise whenever). We're still on the PS1 era if we don't keep up a breakneck schedule the project's never going to get finished.

• Locked thread