Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Using google docs instead. Nice work Bros.

5 days until Wild 110 is due! Good luck guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Just come through please and honor your commitment.

Thank you.

If I can do it with stretch armstrong anyone can do it.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
The Google version of Excel sucks rear end though. How is sun God gonna be doing sick pivots and poo poo? Gonna be some advanced equations to figure out seeds for round two. Does google sheetz even have a random number generator? Microsoft Wawa is superior in every way. Not this F2P Google nonsense.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

strategery posted:

Well finally played this game again after a (~year) lull. I like it with a controller. It still anooys me a bit that other people are running around like an mmo - even in missions - but i think it feels better with a controller. Have Wolverine and Hawkeye.

there's an option to turn off auto-partying in instanced dungeons

it won't help for hubs or main areas but it'll stop other people from popping up in the little mini-dungeons like the ruined subway with the shocker fight

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Fishy Joe posted:

Is it hard to do twitch thing where it lets you play back old stream? I dont wanna learn how to edit a drat video for video game racing

in your twitch settings, enable archive broadcasts under Channel & Videos

That will save your streams for like 6 months or something.

After that, you can make a highlight of the video to keep it forever.

Video Manager -> click Highlight under the recording you want to make a highlight of. You set the start and end time for the highlight, give it a name, and you are done.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gibbering Madness posted:

The Google version of Excel sucks rear end though. How is sun God gonna be doing sick pivots and poo poo? Gonna be some advanced equations to figure out seeds for round two. Does google sheetz even have a random number generator? Microsoft Wawa is superior in every way. Not this F2P Google nonsense.
I feel like most of your posts are a cry for help

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

We all said the same thing about ICR a year ago.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

And I turned out FINE! YASSSSSSS HONEY

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

'Hidden' changes that didn't make 1.00 Patch Notes (ongoing list)
GnomeErcyGnomeErcy CaliforniaPosts: 8,413 Cosmic
January 29 edited February 1 in General Discussion
If you find something not on this list, please post and I will add it.

Found so far:

Steam Achievements
Glinting Einherjar Brooch Proc fixed
Bugged Danger Room achievement "Party time, excellent!" removed
New boss affix "Brutal Strike Suppression"
Visual changed for the four different element types
Updated team affiliations for several characters (see below)
New or updated legendary quests (see below)
No more box trick prestiging

LQ Changes:
Paramilitary Putdown LQ got changed from 30 Paramilitary Soldiers to 45.
Interloper Intervention LQ got changed from 40 Interlopers to 45
New Skrull LQ (defeat 150 Skrulls)
Defeat hand ninjas and Maggia in Hightown (haven't rolled this, can anybody confirm how many?)

Team Affiliation Updates
Cable (Avengers)
Deadpool (Avengers)
Human Torch (Avengers)
Kitty Pryde (Guardians)
Thing (Guardians)

Flag Quote · 18Insightful Disagree 1Agree 1Awesome 1LOL

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Also that Skrull LQ doesn't check to see if you've beaten chapter 10 or not. I got it as one of the first things when I logged in and was leveling Ghost Rider.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you tell me there are LQs besides the Fall Tribe one I am going to call you a liar and I have like a 6 million gold reroll bill to prove it.

Edit: I will concede that there is also Egg Hunt

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 2, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So do most people just kind of main one or two guys at cap and do ~Endgame Stuff~ or is leveling up new heroes kind of the thing to do? I've mostly been trying out the low levels on a bunch of dudes (and ladies) while I'm at work since you can kind of mindlessly click through the first couple chapters, then playing Ghost Rider (who I uncapped) through chapter 3 in my actual free time. Running people over with a flaming motorcycle hasn't gotten old yet.

Having fun so far, just curious if picking a serious "main" hero is important eventually.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season

quote:

Best patch notes in the 'biz.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

mistaya posted:

So do most people just kind of main one or two guys at cap and do ~Endgame Stuff~ or is leveling up new heroes kind of the thing to do? I've mostly been trying out the low levels on a bunch of dudes (and ladies) while I'm at work since you can kind of mindlessly click through the first couple chapters, then playing Ghost Rider (who I uncapped) through chapter 3 in my actual free time. Running people over with a flaming motorcycle hasn't gotten old yet.

Having fun so far, just curious if picking a serious "main" hero is important eventually.

We mostly prestige our characters forever

But no, it's not really important. You can transfer your stuff fairly easily later on if you switch 'main'.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

When are they adding multispec for Omegas, jfc

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Right after they get around to letting Rogue have different powers in different specs.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Drythe posted:

When are they adding multispec for Omegas, jfc

Big omega rework is this month. No idea what to expect.

There is speculation of acquiring omegas faster for newer players. The goal is to get everybody to 7,500 much faster.

Again, we will see what happens.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Don't care, made a thread on the O anyways.

Kainser posted:

Right after they get around to letting Rogue have different powers in different specs.

I still can't believe that's a thing.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Soothing Vapors posted:

I feel like most of your posts are a cry for help

Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Drythe posted:

I still can't believe that's a thing.
What's funnier/sadder still is that Rogue was released before the multispec system.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

You're also banned from the SG.

Oh for god's sake, heavy must lie the head that wears the drama queen's crown.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Uh, so I haven't played this in almost exactly two years to date. Apparently I unlocked Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Storm and Thor though? I have no memory of what any of this poo poo is, or how to do anything besides click mans until they die. Any recommendations on what to do to relearn poo poo? Any good and fun heroes I should look into? I hopped into discord to ask for an sg invite, but the webapp was making GBS threads the bed so I just got the actual client to try again.

edit: got it, thanks ransom-man

Hauki fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 2, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

mistaya posted:

When I was new and had no gear, I mained one or two guys to get them geared out enough to quickly farm more gear and leveled other dudes when that got boring. Eventually you'll have enough stuff to spread around/swap between dudes that you can freely jump around to anyone.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Big omega rework is this month. No idea what to expect.

There is speculation of acquiring omegas faster for newer players. The goal is to get everybody to 7,500 much faster.

Again, we will see what happens.

"this month"

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Hauki posted:

Any good and fun heroes I should look into? I hopped into discord to ask for an sg invite, but the webapp was making GBS threads the bed so I just got the actual client to try again.

Just post your ingame name and someone will get you. Witch and Thor are top tier heroes

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

GnomeErcyGnomeErcy CaliforniaPosts: 8,413 Cosmic
January 29 edited February 1 in General Discussion

No more box trick prestiging
Did they legit patch this out?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Sure. Ask frank and DP about it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Strange Matter posted:

Did they legit patch this out?

Well, they broke it on accident. They broke party instances. They didn't like, actively work towards a goal and then achieve it.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jusupov posted:

Just post your ingame name and someone will get you. Witch and Thor are top tier heroes

Got one from ransom, so I'm good now. I guess I'll try Thor, he's only lev 2 at the moment despite being unlocked so hopefully there's some poo poo I can relearn along the way.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season

Saint Freak posted:

They didn't like, actively work towards a goal and then achieve it.

gaz.txt

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So I'm getting into this game and am thinking of uncapping my husbando (Star Lord) for my first hero. Is this a bad idea? Also how's Captain Marvel?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So I'm getting into this game and am thinking of uncapping my husbando (Star Lord) for my first hero. Is this a bad idea? Also how's Captain Marvel?

Captain Marvel is my waifu and I speak with some authority when I say that she's okay, sure. Like- her costume owns bones, she has a lot of neat built options and she plays super nicely. She's also got a pretty amazing amount of survivability to go with all that. She doesn't have the highest damage numbers in the game, nor does she have the kit that's the best thought out but she's a solid all rounder. 5/7.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Sion posted:

Captain Marvel is my waifu and I speak with some authority when I say that she's okay, sure. Like- her costume owns bones, she has a lot of neat built options and she plays super nicely. She's also got a pretty amazing amount of survivability to go with all that. She doesn't have the highest damage numbers in the game, nor does she have the kit that's the best thought out but she's a solid all rounder. 5/7.

Pretty terrible to level up until 47 as well.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Out of the two I would recommend captain marvel

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Captain marvel is bad, get cool melee hero star lord

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The correct answer is get Thor

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Buy $150 dollars worth of Shield cards so you can be Shield Charlie Daniels with Shield Nancy Drew Teamup

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Characters I would play/buy in order if I were new:

Silver Surfer
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Thor
Cable
Deadpool
Doom
Colossus
Gambit
Thing
Captain America
Jean Grey
Loki

The guys above are good enough to farm stuff and make your life easier when gearing up your passion projects. If it's another character not listed above, go hog wild and pick whichever char you like more. Some are probably better than others, but chances are if you're making these decisions you're not going to have the gear or the wherewithal to appreciate it at this point anyways.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I would say not Silver for a very first char because he's so much different than anyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I would say not Silver for a very first char because he's so much different than anyone else

I'm also biased because I played pre-review Punisher as my only char for four months straight. Needless to say, 52 hulk blew my mind and Nudemans felt like I was hacking.

• Locked thread