Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

How will conclave change Byzantium?

Also good Charlemagne start date character to play? I really like British Isles. How hard to feudalize as Ireland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Conclave Content Pack renders, including FEMALE COUNCILLOR MODELS :byodood:

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Conclave Content Pack renders, including FEMALE COUNCILLOR MODELS :byodood:

Good, I'm glad now there's a chance for me letting my wife/mother or whoever work on the council without having to entirely change the way inheritance works (plus being basque as well :wtc:)

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 2, 2018

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Minor notes are great as usual.

- Monks can no longer be Mercenary Captains
- Rulers can no longer send legates to themselves to complain
- Eunuchs can no longer use seduction focus
- Attempting to imprison your guru through an event will no longer imprison yourself

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
It's 1:45 am Steam where is my expansion god damnit, I already activated it

I need my loving fix :negative:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Four Score posted:

It's 1:45 am Steam where is my expansion god damnit, I already activated it

I need my loving fix :negative:

Well, in my timezone games (at least ones I follow like Paradox games) on Steam normally get released at around 4:00am give or take, and it's only 9:30pm here - I've already resigned myself to having to wait until tomorrow after work to be able to play it :(

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

They said 1500 cet didn't they. That's about three hours.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Trogdos! posted:

Minor notes are great as usual.

- Monks can no longer be Mercenary Captains
- Rulers can no longer send legates to themselves to complain
- Eunuchs can no longer use seduction focus
- Attempting to imprison your guru through an event will no longer imprison yourself

You've missed the really great notes:

-Blind chancellors should no longer look inappropriately at your spouse.
-The few Christian holy orders that went missing have now been found and will appear again.
-People will now remember the deeds of the Greatest Khan for a lifetime instead of forgetting about it after the end of the month.
-Your eunuch sons will no longer get the serving maids pregnant.
-Gave back the Mongols their balls.
-Mighty Mongol AI don't care that they are geting old anymore.
-Fix that should stop the humans giving birth to horses.
-No longer blocks female horses from being on the counvil. (Paradox forums: MY IMMERSION!!!)
-The presence of the Ghengis Khan from the Mongol Invasion event now makes his subjects engage in a lot more skoodilypooping.
-Made the monhols focus on their destiny to rule the world and ignore alliances and helping co-religionists.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

cheesetriangles posted:

No more than other realms, and it's probably going to have Council voting disabled at start.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 2, 2016

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

cheesetriangles posted:

IT does the only right thing. It removes Byzantium.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
- You can't declare war on someone your liege is at war with anymore.
gently caress
- Fired councilors cannot be hired again for two years
dammit
- Fixed AI never using matrilinear marriage
Heeeelllll yeeeaaaa
- Made "invite to court" generally easier
That's good
- Generated characters now gain education traits as intended
same
- Blind chancellors should no longer look inappropriately at your spouse

- Nomads will no longer be created when landing courtiers in nomad realms.
dammit why did I not notice this early enough to take advantage? it sounds hilarious

- Added nomad humiliate CB that gives prestige and steals population.
Hoo doggy. Now maybe there's a reason to try and take out the rest of the nomads. Still hope that they haven't been nerfed too much

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I've got a weird bug with a revolt war. I'm trying to revoke county Oriel from a doubleduke who owns land in Ireland and Wales. He didn't like that and revolted. I crushed him and am at 100% warscore. When I enforce demands I get all the normal success popups saying I succeeded, but he still owns Oriel, with his disgusting capital flag sitting proudly on the county. What the hell?

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Clanpot Shake posted:

I've got a weird bug with a revolt war. I'm trying to revoke county Oriel from a doubleduke who owns land in Ireland and Wales. He didn't like that and revolted. I crushed him and am at 100% warscore. When I enforce demands I get all the normal success popups saying I succeeded, but he still owns Oriel, with his disgusting capital flag sitting proudly on the county. What the hell?

he should be imprisoned and you can then revoke the county without him being able to refuse

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Grillfiend posted:

he should be imprisoned and you can then revoke the county without him being able to refuse

Haha I'm retarded. I was planning on taking both of his counties in Ireland and plotted to revoke the other one, so his flag didn't need to move. Derp.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I'm really digging those Mongol spymasters. "Falcons at your wrist! And the wind...in your hair." "WRONG!!!!!"

Torrannor posted:

-Fix that should stop the humans giving birth to horses.

what?

Torrannor posted:

-No longer blocks female horses from being on the counvil. (Paradox forums: MY IMMERSION!!!)

Make them wail!

Torrannor posted:

-The presence of the Ghengis Khan from the Mongol Invasion event now makes his subjects engage in a lot more skoodilypooping.

Okay, this one I'm legit curious about. What is skoodilypooping?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

When is conclave going live? CK2 just downloaded a patch for me

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Just checking the patch, and William the Conqueror got a makeover?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

CrazyLoon posted:

Okay, this one I'm legit curious about. What is skoodilypooping?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/conclave-dev-diary-4-its-coming.905587/#post-20591636

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Cool video. Silly word. But...you're not going to apologize, anyway.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Randarkman posted:

When is conclave going live? CK2 just downloaded a patch for me

It's out.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

It's out.
Yea, been playing it for a while now.

What the hell Groogy? Why can I no longer conscript merchant ships as a tribal muslim?

I am the ruler of Ireland for petes sake. I need more boats!

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

770AD and the Abbasids are dealing with a revolt encompassing Hijaz, Egypt and Balochistan. I like this patch better already.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I started off as a 2 county count in West Francia in the earliest start. I married a young genius wife and then was offered a council position. Then I was given a duchy. I never had any kids and my dynasty ended.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Here's something interesting with Conclave, in defines.lua there is now this value:

INHERITED_OPINION_END_AGE = 30

So if your oldest child inherits he'll usually be near or past 30, so the inherited opinion modifiers from Dad will last only a year. But if your youngest inherits he'll usually still be a kid and those modifiers will be running their course.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Well, the infamy seems to have put a damper on the usual Byzantine clown car of "holy war everything around you and then holy war the rebellions that pop up after you body slam them". Doesn't seem to be an easy way to see how much infamy each war goal is worth until after you've finished kicking their rear end for it though.
Highlights: council won't vote for war against the Uqaylids because they're too weak, but will happily vote for Croatia since the enemy is stronk and will bring glory.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Played a short while as William the Conqueror to test out Council. Had to wrangle vassals (although I was literally asking for it by giving the Council the right to vote on titles), and got through a four-year civil war involving half of my country when I kicked off the two Anglo-Saxon Dukes (again, asking for it). The war was especially bloody because the revolters could replenish their troops much easier.

Very good.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 2, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The content pack is impressively random.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:siren:First Bug Spotted!:siren:

There is nothing preventing you from picking a focus anymore.

Playing a celibate eunuch? Go ahead and pick seduction. A Jain? Pick hunting. Muslim? Carouse all you want. Incapable? The world is your oyster!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
More interesting stuff from looking through moddables... if I'm reading the code right (which I quite possibly am not) it appears that it is no longer possible to fabricate a claim on a duchy. Only counties, or kingdoms if you have the become king ambition. Gonna test while I play.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a way to make CK II stay on the screen if you switch over to another monitor. Similar to the way EUIV works?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I have -windowed -noborder in my steam launch thing I think. That should do it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

gfanikf posted:

Is there a way to make CK II stay on the screen if you switch over to another monitor. Similar to the way EUIV works?

Full screen windowed should be an option in the graphics settings.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Why the hell is tanistry locked to late? Isn't it really just a variant on elective?

Oh hahaha, I already got goofed into a matrilineal marriage, didn't like that game anyhow.
Still, at least they now are doing those.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So here's a question that can be taken wildly out of context: how different are the death sounds? Does a dead 16 year olds sound the same as a person who dies right before they become "old"?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SeaTard posted:

Full screen windowed should be an option in the graphics settings.

Actually there is a full screen, borderless, and windowed. I'm trying borderless first.

EDIT: Worked! Thanks! Makes working at home so much better. :)

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 2, 2016

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

gfanikf posted:

Actually there is a full screen, borderless, and windowed. I'm trying borderless first.

Full screen windowed is the same thing as borderless.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheesetriangles posted:

Full screen windowed is the same thing as borderless.

Cool good to know, it means I can configure all the other Paradox games correctly now.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
If I fabricate a claim on a duchy and win the ensuing war will I win the counties within that duchy or just the duchy title? I don't have conclave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
This DLC is very intimidating and makes me feel insecure even with my old faithfuls.

:getin:

• Locked thread