Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Eonwe posted:

I'm playing Ultima Online 2.0 in my head right now, that says a lot about the potential of the game

In my heart I'm firing up ICQ and waiting for a tower to collapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok off to a 1 hour meeting

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Eonwe posted:

Oh thats you! Welcome!

Thank you. The default avatars really do suck though, jesus christ. I feel like I'm losing 20 IQ points every time I look at my avatar.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Dusty Lens posted:

In my heart I'm firing up ICQ and waiting for a tower to collapse.

<3

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

I love the idea that Derek is indirectly controlling CIG's direction purely through making predictions. Instead of ignoring the predictions and running a company, they read them voraciously, then enact an action plan specifically designed to make him look wrong. Derek, you apparently have more control over CIG than Chris and Sandi do. Why don't you predict them making a successful game so we can bring this thing to an end?

I'm pretty sure it's true, I mentioned this before when Derek first said Austin was going to close, that he'd probably saved a few jobs just by mentioning it.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

do you guys think less of me for going to see Hatsune Miku in concert

Yeah, but I don't what that is, either. I'm going to agree with pgabz on this one, though, and follow that dream. :pgabz:

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Sleeping cattes. Napping all day was not enough.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

This post should just be in the OP, tia.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Goon Leaders, I bring you grave news. Space_Addict has figured it all out. He's on to our psyops and he'll beat us in video games except he doesn't play them.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Put that on reddit

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

I love the idea that Derek is indirectly controlling CIG's direction purely through making predictions. Instead of ignoring the predictions and running a company, they read them voraciously, then enact an action plan specifically designed to make him look wrong. Derek, you apparently have more control over CIG than Chris and Sandi do. Why don't you predict them making a successful game so we can bring this thing to an end?

Maybe Derek's a time traveller and these aren't predictions but actual facts for him. Derek, what do you know about IBM 5100 computers needed to debug various legacy computer programs in 2036?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eonwe posted:

im literally going to see Hatsune Miku in May, lmfao

What?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fuzzknot posted:

I will, and we haven't made it yet. I'm afraid to let him toast spices.

Now you will never get honest feedback! It's like when Sandi asks if she acted well.

What is this about live Hatsume Miku concets?

Mr. Plinkett: Oohhhh.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 2, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

no need for the hover hands chris :wiggle:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Goon Leaders, I bring you grave news. Space_Addict has figured it all out. He's on to our psyops and he'll beat us in video games except he doesn't play them.

Somebody make a note of that guys name or we'll forget by next page.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Scruffpuff posted:

Star Citizen: OpenSmart Development

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Can someone please repost the dreams happen comic?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:bravo:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

trucutru posted:

Now you will never get honest feedback! It's like when Sandi asks if she acted well.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: How dare you.

I'm far more aware of my own (lack of) abilities than that. I.e., I'm well aware I hosed up the French onion soup and insisted on tossing it. Mole may not be for everyone, but at the very least, if Bootcha doesn't like it, I'll eat the hell out of it.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

EveOnlinePTSD.txt

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
So I'm starting to think a lawsuit from Illfonic is not out of the picture in the near future. Broussard and Smart are both hinting at something big coming Soon, and that would certainly fit the bill. Everyone at CIG gets super cagey at any mention of Illfonic, who knows what kind of weirdness lead to the fall out. It's not that hard to imagine that all the toxic behavior that permeates CIG would spill into Illfonic as well...except Illfonic would have the means to do something about it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Sarsapariller posted:

I only like games that troll someone. Like Darkest Dungeons, which trolls me relentlessly.

Gently caress you tempting goblet.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

AP posted:

No idea what that is.

It's the mascot for Dominos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sarsapariller posted:

:lol:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fuzzknot posted:

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: How dare you.

I'm far more aware of my own (lack of) abilities than that. I.e., I'm well aware I hosed up the French onion soup and insisted on tossing it. Mole may not be for everyone, but at the very least, if Bootcha doesn't like it, I'll eat the hell out of it.

Haha, don't worry mole is for everyone (they just don't know... yet).

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Well I recorded another one this weekend and I simply don't like it. So that was my second take.

I'm going to need to get together with Bootcha to figure it out.

Yo Derek. Really? Seriously?
Stop being so precious and get it bloody done. You're holding up the queue for the next one.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Meh. I have a bunch of German stuff too. But it's because my granddad killed a bunch of them and brought it back home as trophies (of dead Germans).

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

Somebody make a note of that guys name or we'll forget by next page.

Which guy?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

blueberrysmith posted:

i also don't know what this is

Yamaha created a software called Vocaloid to sing (think text to speech, but with pitch and harmony) with a closer to human quality voice. Once released the marketing dept anthropomorphorised the software preset, giving them face and costumes and calling them "Vocaloids Girls".

Basically, Hatsune Miku is the "face" of a preset for a clever text to speech software so when she has to perform live she is rendered via Holographic projection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL5YKZ9ecpg

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 2, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Remember 'They said I was dead,the future is not console games, blah blah blah I am a pc game'..... well something is transpiring that Mr Smart probably knows about and the howling of the spergs will be most pleasing to him when it gets announced

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You just know he's naked from the waist down

dude...

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

that dude sure is mad about videogames.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EightAce posted:

Remember 'They said I was dead,the future is not console games, blah blah blah I am a pc game'..... well something is transpiring that Mr Smart probably knows about and the howling of the spergs will be most pleasing to him when it gets announced

Is it coming out on console?
Please let it be coming out on console, please

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EightAce posted:

Star Citizen announced as shipping with console Ouya 2

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Space something, I dunno, not scrolling back.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sarsapariller posted:

:ohdear:

What's a skriddie? Should I be afraid of our skriddies? Is that an Eve thing?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

EightAce posted:

I'll see you in the next gen commando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Gilganixon posted:

i just noticed he's "aka Miku"

yeah sure a lot of people call you miku, you nazi creeper bastard

Is strange because that's the name of his anime girlfriend

• Locked thread