Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I love how Koichi basically just drops that he had Rohan teach him Italian for the start of part 5.

Especially if you take that thinking in a direction you're probably not supposed to and look back at RPS kid.

"You should release your manga in English, I can't read Japanese very well."

"Well, I guess I could use Heaven's Door to teach this kindly old man with senility perfect Japanese reading with little effort so that he can enjoy Pink Dark Boy. I won't, but I could."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The showing a page thing is totally abandoned which is how Rohan is able to read a chicken drumstick, which also probably goes to show the combat strength potential but I don't care

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i just dont even factor in how he uses his stand in the thus spoke rohan stuff cause it's way more lax there with him claiming he got it way earlier than he did, being able to use it on himself, and being able to just touch anything and turn it into a book

araki pretty clearly forgot some of the rules he set up for rohan but that's ok. for the duration of part 4 I think he was pretty consistent with rohan having to do some kind of "drawing" thing to show his stand

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I take Thus Spoke Rohan to be stories Rohan is telling (even the frame story parts), so of course Rohan would exaggerate the powers of his own stand. If Rohan's telling a story about himself, it's going to be the best story about the best and most powerful mangaka.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

My favorite part of the new one shot is Rohan acting like he wants to talk about global warming for a sec then saying nah actually: let us talk about me instead.

He's the best

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Baal posted:

Oh yeah, that's right. I did forget he did do something like that at some point.

Rohan's Stand Off normals in ASB are him drawing HD to seal the opponent's normals.

Then again, you would need to be playing Rohan, which is probably a Bad Idea.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I knew that was in ASB, but I honestly assumed it came from one of the side stories I actually completely forgot it was Part 4. Which shows how bad my memory is since I already reread Part 4 like a year ago

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Well you're in luck, because you can experience Part 4 again in April! :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why would I ever do that, no one likes Part 4.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Some serious bug wrestling going on in JoJolion right now, drat

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I love how Koichi basically just drops that he had Rohan teach him Italian for the start of part 5.

Especially if you take that thinking in a direction you're probably not supposed to and look back at RPS kid.

"You should release your manga in English, I can't read Japanese very well."

"Well, I guess I could use Heaven's Door to teach this kindly old man with senility perfect Japanese reading with little effort so that he can enjoy Pink Dark Boy. I won't, but I could."

Rohan and Koichi, man...

There's even one TSKR where something happened to his house again seven years later and he's been crashing at Koichi's place and all I can think is "That poor child..."

Naerasa posted:

I take Thus Spoke Rohan to be stories Rohan is telling (even the frame story parts), so of course Rohan would exaggerate the powers of his own stand. If Rohan's telling a story about himself, it's going to be the best story about the best and most powerful mangaka.

My favorite part of Rohan at the Louvre was when he was telling the audience that his Stand "is of little use and of no great importance" like, no it isn't you loving liar.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 1, 2016

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Forktoss posted:

Beetle Tendency is still my favorite jojolion arc. I hope there's like a bug fight tournament later.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Forktoss posted:

WARNING, GORE!

WARNING, GORE!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

WARNING, GORE!

WARNING, GORE!

Now I want to read the bug part again

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

My favorite part of the new one shot is Rohan acting like he wants to talk about global warming for a sec then saying nah actually: let us talk about me instead.

He's the best

Instead of talking about an issue like global warming, let me tell you about these loving people nowadays and their cell phones

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Someone uploaded a video of Jotaro and Kira's VS dialogue in Eyes of Heaven. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJvlarWl1Q

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Anime, please do not get rid of Rikiya Koyama Kira. Koyama is a treasure.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Silver2195 posted:

I thought the epilogue implied that Mista was able to survive absurd things because of ~fate~. It had nothing to do with his Stand.

I'm not a big fan of that whole aspect of Jojo, honestly. It was funny with Thoth, but it eventually got to the point of undermining everyone's agency.

Obviously these things originally just happened, but the story we're reading is actually the second time through the timeline after Pucci gets Made in Heaven, hence why things just kind of go right for him in the ending of Part 6.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Obviously these things originally just happened, but the story we're reading is actually the second time through the timeline after Pucci gets Made in Heaven, hence why things just kind of go right for him in the ending of Part 6.

I don't remember that being stated. I thought the universe repeating itself was just how the universe worked, and Pucci was just trying to change things so people would be aware that it was repeating on some level.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Waffleman_ posted:

WARNING, GORE!

WARNING, GORE!

Did someone say Beetle Fights???

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViV3WzBrO6M

This is the worst Jojo thing I have ever witnessed

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I watched all 7 minutes of it on the train just now and feel like a fundamental part of me has been broken.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
After that video I'm refreshed. I feel more capable.

Stronger.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The Okuyasu face is terrifying.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
So Deadman's Questions got uploaded to Kissmanga. It's a 3 chapter story by Araki that features our favorite serial killer???

Edit: seems to be an old release from a larger collection.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 2, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Deadman's Questions has been around for awhile. No idea why it took them so long to upload it.

It's pretty good. I really dig Kira Yoshikage's dead design.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Yeah, looks like someone just uploaded it as a separate entry for some reason. Agreed about the swanky bowler hat!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Huh comics alliance is doing a critique of jojo.

http://comicsalliance.com/bizarre-adventures-jojo-phantom-blood-review/

They have some valid points, but I think their criticism can be overblown :shrug:.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Feels a little overblown but I do agree that part one is pretty weak to look back on and should just be half-watched as a preamble to part 2 at this point

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Monaghan posted:

They have some valid points, but I think their criticism can be overblown :shrug:.

This is some tvtropes level trash criticism.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It sounds like at least one of them basically hate read the whole series.

And I mean, part 1 isn't great but saying that it's so bad that it's unethical to reprint it seems to be going a bit far.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

it comes to show how much Araki has toned down some of the worse parts of Jojo, female characters are given more agency and the poo poo eating has been diluted to a much cleaner piss drinking

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

mr. stefan posted:

This is some tvtropes level trash criticism.

The treatment of female characters is one I think is valid along with cribbing hard from fist of the north star.

But Claire seems to have hated the entire series. Also some of her complaints are dumb, like she complains that the main characters clothes are weird and no one mentions that. I am honestly wondering why she hates the later parts though.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

They also talk about part 7 as if it's a reboot that removes all the previous parts from canon :confused:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Claire's got so much edge that even DIO's like take a chill pill.

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Monaghan posted:

Comics Alliance has been total garbage except for Chris Sims for several years now, but this is the laziest, most halfassed excuse for criticism i've ever seen them publish. like, there's so much in there that's just factually incorrect and the rest of it basically just boils down to "i don't like araki's writing style, so he must be a creepy rear end in a top hat".

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Monaghan posted:

But Claire seems to have hated the entire series. Also some of her complaints are dumb, like she complains that the main characters clothes are weird and no one mentions that. I am honestly wondering why she hates the later parts though.

If she got past Part 3 then she is probably judging from translated scans which is just a poo poo show if your already having a bad time no matter how good the translation is

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tunklord Supreme posted:

Comics Alliance has been total garbage except for Chris Sims for several years now, but this is the laziest, most halfassed excuse for criticism i've ever seen them publish. like, there's so much in there that's just factually incorrect and the rest of it basically just boils down to "i don't like araki's writing style, so he must be a creepy rear end in a top hat".

The biggest failing is I still don't understand why they don't like it overall. Their concrete points, as far as I gathered, was that it looked like HnK, Araki's early art is rough, and no female agency. These are all true, but none of them seem to be the focus of any argument, and it just comes across as 90% being angry for the sake of it.

Most of it's just bad writing, but their complaint about Dio kissing Erina made me legit rustled. Either they're calling Araki a coward for not showing graphic rape, or they are saying people sexually assaulted but not penetrated aren't really raped. It's loving gross and insane either way.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a lot about phantom blood that isn't good but i got this weird sense of 'they're being hyperbolic and angry because they know it will get them views' when reading that that i generally don't get if someone is just saying why they don't like something and providing reasons why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm willing to hear them out for at least one more part since Part 1 doesn't have a lot of what makes JoJo great.