Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I think my teenage self would be disappointed in how hyped I am for a truck driving game.

Doc Morbid posted:

Downloading mods for your truck is far less exciting if you don't have to avoid getting a million viruses in the process, though. :v:

The best part of modding ETS2 is the russian roulette mini game where you have to work out which of the twenty download buttons actually is the download link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kilonum posted:

fun ATS fact: you can copy all the *.sii files in Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\Profiles\<profile> and paste them into Documents\American Truck Simulator\Profiles\<profile> and all your controls will be mapped to what you had them mapped to in ETS2

Important enough to be seen on the new page.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Can you do the same for graphics settings? Oh, and radio stations?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Poil posted:

Can you do the same for graphics settings? Oh, and radio stations?

yes

Here, have a song about a trucker murdering his wife and her boyfriend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ0HOiyCs8

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
ATS just keeps sounding better and better. Cheap price, Steam Workshop support, somewhat compatible with ETS2. Amazing all around. I'm installing now, but I won't get to play until later on. I can't wait.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So excited to blow my hot big load all over America.
Got some new sweet hardware to put in my pc and I'll be playing in hours. Sadly my pc is shut down so I can't even install while I'm at work

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Well my trucker picture practically picked itself.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Just replacing the live streams file was enough to get some sweet hotmix on the interstate. :toot:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Streaming in 5

http://twitch.tv/kilonum2

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Tagichatn posted:

I wonder if Steven Avery would drive a truck if he got out of prison.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Tagichatn posted:

This is exactly the one I picked after they switched on the new pics to ETS2, and I just did it again for ATS!

pmMike
Mar 6, 2009
God drat it.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Bah, two black unresponsive screens whilst loving around in the controller settings forcing me to end the process in the task manager

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

hah went on the steam community forum thing to see if anyone else had the same problem as me and any potential workarounds and it's full of people complaining about the price. :jerkbag:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Freaking morons. One of the two trucks is using a Renault engine and has a gearbox with 10 gears in it, and the other has 18 gears to shift through. What the hell? :psyduck:

pmMike posted:

God drat it.

Anus star. :patriot:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Poil posted:

Freaking morons. One of the two trucks is using a Renault engine and has a gearbox with 10 gears in it, and the other has 18 gears to shift through. What the hell? :psyduck:

Anus star. :patriot:

Anus tar or what that stuff really is in the la brea tar pits.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

pmMike posted:

God drat it.

I'm not creative and just reused my ETS2 plates.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Would WTFast fix your problems with your ISP? I know it helps a lot of goons who play FF XIV.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Ray Liotta?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Doobies Dong Delivery is up and running, son.

And I obviously picked the awesome Kenny Rogers looking bastard as my portrait.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
What's the point of taking jobs off of world of trucks versus the in-game job market?

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Is this guy still in ATS? I sure hope so, I don't know how I could truck as anyone else.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

santanotreal posted:

What's the point of taking jobs off of world of trucks versus the in-game job market?

It just adds to your online progress and currently there isn't really one. After World of Trucks gets fleshed out with online companies and other features it'll be more worth it but as is it's a neat proof of concept.

e: Browsing the threads for gold like someone mentioned and found:

For people in other countries complaining about exchange rates posted:

Excuse SCS Software for not controlling the exchange rates, it's your own countries fault that your currency not worth poo poo. Don't blame SCS for that thx

:allears:

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 2, 2016

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Driving a big truck while listening to classic country rules, saying that as someone from Europe.

What really got me though was tumbleweeds tumbling across the road.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The rear end Stooge posted:

Is this guy still in ATS? I sure hope so, I don't know how I could truck as anyone else.

He sure is, he is currently adorning my game.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

The rear end Stooge posted:

Perfect for hauling those Liberty Medical shipments.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It just adds to your online progress and currently there isn't really one. After World of Trucks gets fleshed out with online companies and other features it'll be more worth it but as is it's a neat proof of concept.

I'd really love it if we could set up something like GoonCorp Transport or something like that; being able to join a company that's been founded, and contribute to the health and wealth of said company. There'd be a boss, he/she'd buy trucks for each of the drivers, etc etc...

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Is there a screenshot of the full map anywhere?

Mostly, I just want to see how many Fallout: New Vegas locations are there. :v:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Hogo Fogo posted:

Driving a big truck while listening to classic country rules, saying that as someone from Europe.

What really got me though was tumbleweeds tumbling across the road.

Congrats on having the first ATS screenshot added to the OP (after I uploaded it to imgur)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pffft, hard parking job? I can manage it. :smug:

:negative:

[edit] Got it in, but despite getting 0% damage MAN that truck and trailer would be full of dents, dings, and scuffs from rubbing poo poo.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 2, 2016

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

figured out my problem, for some reason dragging the controller sliders around was causing my game to gently caress up for some reason, just clicked to the left and right of the drag bar and no more freezing up! pretty chill driving around the desert listening to classic country. saw an F-22

desert roads rule

also liking the parking options very nice. did they add that to ETS2 or is this new for ATS? I've not played ETS2 in a while.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Why the h*ck is speeding so expensive in America, surely there must be an upgrade that lets you hire a lawyer to get you out of tickets!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

how the hell do 0.4% of ATS Players already have the "Warming Up" Achievement (drive 10k miles during deliveries)?

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Kilonum posted:

how the hell do 0.4% of ATS Players already have the "Warming Up" Achievement (drive 10k miles during deliveries)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvbJJhAO1Ow

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Oooh I just realised I can actualy do the world of trucks jobs in this. I could in ets2 but that would mean driving on the vanilla base map which is pretty dull now.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I will say this, the selection of radio stations is piss poor. I finally found one that was blasting some Guns N' Roses but then the Spanish DJ started shouting about Jesus. Is this normal in the US?
Someone should put out an edited station-list that has some actually good truckin' music. They should also include Hotmix and the other favourites, obviously.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
so far ATS nails most the USA stereotypes I hoped it would, at least visually, but the driving doesn't feel American enough. Like I expected my drive across Nevada to be putting the hammer down along a desolate and never-ending stretch of highway, but instead I spent most of the ( surprisingly brief ) Reno -> Elko trip surrounded by traffic doing 20mph under the speed limit. I've not spent much time out West, but that seems a bit ... wrong.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nah, things definitely feel overly compressed. Like, I was from Sacramento to Stockton in just 2-3 minutes. I know things are compressed, but thats a pretty decent drive IRL!

Stockon is pretty spot on though. Its a horrid looking shithole with crime and cops everywhere and a nasty speed trap. :v:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
They definitely need more Mexican radio stations.

Edit: Oh man im listening to hair metal driving through the desert GOTY:2016

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lodin posted:

I will say this, the selection of radio stations is piss poor. I finally found one that was blasting some Guns N' Roses but then the Spanish DJ started shouting about Jesus. Is this normal in the US?
Someone should put out an edited station-list that has some actually good truckin' music. They should also include Hotmix and the other favourites, obviously.

You can just copy your ETS2 radio list, right?

If anyone hears of a Eurobeat station, do let me know.