Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If sectoids played smart they would just spam mind control all day erry day which would be a horrible unfun slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 31, 2022

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

If sectoids played smart they would just spam mind control all day erry day which would be a horrible unfun slog.

Sectoids don't have a mind control spell tho

They should spam all day

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

EndOfTheWorld posted:

The Theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm

This would be great if it played after a squad wipe.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The mobility and breaching options in XCOM2 look so much cooler

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh boy, new enemy type.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

music to kill alien sympathizers too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkYqq5w5-1o

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

GREENM-ANGAME-25PJAN

25% off for Canadians? Doesn't work on the US store.

You're get the Digital Deluxe for like $55 USD I think

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
"Whatever that was, it didn't work." - FauxBiscuit.

But seriously, that British accent is perfect. :allears:

AegisP posted:

Oh boy, new enemy type.

What do you mean? :raise:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Agean90 posted:

music to kill alien sympathizers too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkYqq5w5-1o

+1

Actually, a lot of that soundtrack is thematically appropriate for throwing that alien scum off our earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1fuwUJnKFM

edit: i just now noticed that that song literally starts with "ayy ayy"

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 2, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Actually, do enemies have cooldown timers or can they just do whatever the gently caress they want?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
He's mentioned a few times that the Sectoids can only use their Psi powers once, unless I've misunderstood.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

HenryEx posted:

+1

Actually, a lot of that soundtrack is thematically appropriate for throwing that alien scum off our earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1fuwUJnKFM

A shame we dont have MECs afaik, as it has a song that perfect for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ChZRNQaC-0

The world needs more dystopian sci-fi themed hip hop

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I tuned in to the live stream just as he used his ocelot gunslinger to kill a snake.

It was the most meta thing I've ever seen :allears:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Has he considered playing Orks in Blood Bowl with a squad like that?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Thyrork posted:

What do you mean? :raise:

I hadn't seen the Archon before, or throughout Beagle's current playthrough.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 31, 2022

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Ok I'm gonna mod the Skryranger mission briefing to have classic rock songs playing from the PA.

Long Tall Sally and Fortunate Son is guaranteed, can I get some other suggestions?

My inner fanboy is showing, but how about The Black Angels - Bad Vibrations?

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Elliotw2 posted:

He's mentioned a few times that the Sectoids can only use their Psi powers once, unless I've misunderstood.

No, they are on a cooldown. In one of the previous streams a sectoid managed to mind control one of his soldiers (it was Jake "Hot Load" Solomon) twice.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Apologies if it's been mentioned before but I noticed from the stream you can set waypoints to follow during a move action, which is really nice.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ok I'm gonna mod the Skryranger mission briefing to have classic rock songs playing from the PA.

Long Tall Sally and Fortunate Son is guaranteed, can I get some other suggestions?
All these posts and nobody suggested any Deep Purple? What is wrong with you people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q88koeaqrEg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCnebZnysmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGIIMQJaNmk

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKxZY0DIxIk

and furthermore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83qBRmM00R4

At least someone has Led Zeppelin covered.

I am a firm believer that 70s hard rock is the optimal music style for sci-fi combat.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 2, 2016

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Are mecs in the game?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Are mecs in the game?

As enemies

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Any word on how robust this will be? Can we have shuffled playlists? I loved this as a feature in MGS V's chopper intro music.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It's exactly as robust as I can be bothered to make it. It's going to be a mod, one that realistically will be shut down within a day because it's full of non-authorized copyrighted content (the fact that it's a free mod and I'm going to slightly distort the music so that it sounds like it's coming out of the helicopter's speakers might buy me a little time)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

splifyphus posted:

As enemies, not as playable. They're probably gonna show up in a DLC.

Maybe along with some way to give special abilities to your soldiers as an alternative option to a mech suit.

Might be a bit OP so they should probably tie it to a limited resource you can get during missions IMO

It's exactly as robust as I can be bothered to make it. It's going to be a mod, one that realistically will be shut down within a day because it's full of non-authorized copyrighted content (the fact that it's a free mod and I'm going to slightly distort the music so that it sounds like it's coming out of the helicopter's speakers might buy me a little time)

Could it be made so it just pulls for a preset, intially empty folder? That way you are only putting the framework up, downloaders can fill it with what they want. That would be perfectly legit AFAIK

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7y9yChV478

Gotta get some Violent Femmes in there

E: it'd be more appropriate as a mission soundtrack than an avenger landing though. that or start it at the chorus

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Oh I was assuming that the end user would load it up with music of their choice, whoops.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Just don't distribute music with it. If it just loads music that I already have on my computer there's no reason it would get pulled down, should be easy to have it play stuff from a dedicated folder on your drive.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Could it be made so it just pulls for a preset, intially empty folder? That way you are only putting the framework up, downloaders can fill it with what they want. That would be perfectly legit AFAIK

I thought about this and yeah, I might do it assuming I can tell XCOM2 where to look for files to load. It's a lot of dang work though.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

splifyphus posted:

As enemies, not as playable. They're probably gonna show up in a DLC.

And not mecs as we're used to in EU. These are just autonomous robot soldiers, not hulking machines that stomp around and tower over soldiers.

At least, so far in Beagle's playthrough. Maybe the megabots are coming later.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, operation "Sweaty Snake" is the best drat operation name ever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

do you start out as being able to have 6-man teams or 4-man teams and then have to upgrade your roster size like the last game.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

do you start out as being able to have 6-man teams or 4-man teams and then have to upgrade your roster size like the last game.

4-man to 6, instead of an "Officer Training School" you have a "Guerilla Tactics School" which does mostly the same thing.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
4 to start +2 through upgrades.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Haha, skulljack misses still trigger stock damage.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Sylphosaurus posted:

Man, operation "Sweaty Snake" is the best drat operation name ever.

Swamp Slap :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

splifyphus posted:

He's really steamrolling with tier 2 gear.

Yeah he went on a storyline mission and didn't get shot at. Killed every single thing without a shot fired his way.

The "Most Under Fire" stat showed "---"