Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Droyer posted:

This all sounds incredibly bad, actually

Western comics are incredibly bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

NotALizardman posted:

Western comics are incredibly bad.

he says, nervously closing Marvel Heroes 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_webx_PCsps

how the gently caress does anybody say falcom's games are less anime than gust

there was a neogaf thread on Tokyo Xanadu that was almost entirely some guys melting down over the presence of idols. as in, the single playable character that happens to be a singer.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also Sex Criminals is the best western comic bc theres a guy in it who beats off to anime and when he cums his jizz turns into a magical girl with a tentacle monster for a hooha

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
that book took a hard turn at the end of that issue, like it got ten times weirder in one page

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

They've just recently been poisoned by the industry

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Literally The Worst posted:

also Sex Criminals is the best western comic bc theres a guy in it who beats off to anime and when he cums his jizz turns into a magical girl with a tentacle monster for a hooha

that sounds like the opposite of the best

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

he says, nervously closing Marvel Heroes 2016

I never said anything bad about marvel heroes!! Just its source material!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quoted for ban

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

I never said anything bad about marvel heroes!! Just its source material!!

Yah the comics can be bad and the games can be good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Colonel posted:

its also a v good comic about dating and relationships and robbing a bank by stopping time by loving

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Polsy posted:

http://polsy.org.uk/ani/jacketcoll.jpg one day I'll tick everything off this list. Or maybe at least find a decent resolution version of it.

Christ. I don't think I have any interest in non-CG Idolmaster (for now at least... oh God), so most of these are of no interest to me.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

Literally the Worst

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i literally sell that book to people as "its about a guy and a girl who feel alone in the world and they meet and fall in love and tehy don't feel alone anymore and the world isn't a scary awful place and it's about their relationship developig, and also when they gently caress they freeze time and they use that power to rob a bank and it goes horribly wrong"

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Srice posted:

Yah the comics can be bad and the games can be good

In general, comic books seem to be at their best when they're adapted into other mediums.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i literally sell that book to people as "its about a guy and a girl who feel alone in the world and they meet and fall in love and tehy don't feel alone anymore and the world isn't a scary awful place and it's about their relationship developig, and also when they gently caress they freeze time and they use that power to rob a bank and it goes horribly wrong"
the first part would sell me on a book, not so much the second

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Allarion posted:

In general, comic books seem to be at their best when they're adapted into other mediums.

daredevil is a godawful movie, but there's a lot of good daredevil comics, suck it fucker

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I like their chemistry, so far. Rin looks at Uzuki's smiling face and can't say no.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

its a comedy, its played for laughs and silliness and there's a lot of stuff that's represented through the art

like when the main dude goes back on his adhd meds and feels like a dickless ghost and is drawn that way

also he jacks off in the bathroom at work and when time is frozen shits in his boss's potted plant

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Why would you make this post

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I decided to check my marvel heroes play time, and

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Not anime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean, the ability to stop time by having sex sounds like it would be a premise for a decently enjoyable hiroyuki imaishi short movie, but i don't think i'm going to read it based on the other part

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dat some h?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like when the main dude goes back on his adhd meds and feels like a dickless ghost and is drawn that way

also he jacks off in the bathroom at work and when time is frozen shits in his boss's potted plant
im going to be honest, every word you are saying is making me hate this comic and everyone involved in its creation more and more

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

daredevil is a godawful movie, but there's a lot of good daredevil comics, suck it fucker

Daredevil is a B-List comic book hero which all the comic book writers bring their A-game for, because they have to try really hard with Daredevil. Also people can watch the Netflix series now.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

It sucks that Western comics always need a sci-fi or fantasy hook, they can't just do a relationship thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

im going to be honest, every word you are saying is making me hate this comic and everyone involved in its creation more and more

im sorry you have garbage taste and cant appreciate what is literally one of the best comics on stands rn

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

Not anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD_0BQhdgDM

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Allarion posted:

Hell I followed comics for a few years and I agree 100% on this

Or at least with superhero stuffs

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

its a comedy, its played for laughs and silliness and there's a lot of stuff that's represented through the art

You are doing a very good job at making people not want to read this comic you're talking about

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm glad our American comics aren't as bad and weird and fetishy as all those Japanese comics.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Don't

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

boom boom boom posted:

It sucks that Western comics always need a sci-fi or fantasy hook, they can't just do a relationship thing

archie owns

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I said with a posed look.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

im sorry you have garbage taste and cant appreciate what is literally one of the best comics on stands rn

Oh yeah, it's got a guy who shits in his bosses potted plant. This is a major selling point, like, it's in the top five things you'd bring up when talking about it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The western version of Masturbation Master Kurosawa is shaping up to be a monster??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Somebody should reprint the Maxx.

• Locked thread