Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Move the Chiefs back to Dallas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Actually, Columbus is about three hours and fifteen minutes away from Detroit. Grand Rapids is about two hours from Detroit, move the Lions to Grand Rapids, you take them, you cheap Dutch bastards

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Move the Rams back to Cleveland

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Raiders back to Kezar. gently caress you Jed.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Steelers always been in Pittsburgh, even when they weren't the Steelers :smugdog:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Keyser S0ze posted:

Raiders back to Kezar. gently caress you Jed.

We had it first. :smug:

And rebuild it so it's like it was in Dirty Harry.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 30, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Sash! posted:

Steelers always been in Pittsburgh, even when they weren't the Steelers :smugdog:

Merge the Steelers and the Eagles and move them to Philadelphia

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
move the independents back to rock island

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AsInHowe posted:

Actually, Columbus is about three hours and fifteen minutes away from Detroit. Grand Rapids is about two hours from Detroit, move the Lions to Grand Rapids, you take them, you cheap Dutch bastards

How about Toledo? The point was not distance, it was about sticking them in Ohio, where no self-respecting Michigander would want to follow them.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Merge the Steelers and the Eagles and move them to Philadelphia

Split the difference. State College Steagles.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Move all NFL teams back to Ohio

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Donkwich posted:

Move all NFL teams back to Ohio

What do we do with the fake Browns team then? London?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

We had it first. :smug:

And rebuild it so it's like it was in Dirty Harry.

that would be great.

Another great solution would have been to leave the Candlestick demo at this stage and let the Mad Max Hellraiders have it. Needs piles of skulls though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ross Angeles posted:

Really untrue other than the last few years when this impending move has been a thing.

This is just my anecdotal memory but every time I watched a Chargers game from the last few years it seems there were always nearly as many visiting fans as Chargers fans, and by the 4th quarter usually only the visiting fans remained.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Keyser S0ze posted:

that would be great.

Another great solution would have been to leave the Candlestick demo at this stage and let the Mad Max Hellraiders have it. Needs piles of skulls though.

Great! Invite the niner fans over and we'll get going on those piles.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

NC-17 posted:

This is just my anecdotal memory but every time I watched a Chargers game from the last few years it seems there were always nearly as many visiting fans as Chargers fans, and by the 4th quarter usually only the visiting fans remained.
A lot of the visiting fans are transplants FYI

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Gerund posted:

Move the Chiefs back to Dallas

If that's the sacrifice to pay for destroying the Cowboys then I'm ready.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Sheldon Adelson, a guy who makes Donald Trump look poor, thinks taxes should pay for 2/3rds of his stadium, in addition to being basically a tax-exempt entity under the same kind of protections given to public facilities.

This is because Adelson wants to drain the tourism bureau that was looking to expand the city's convention center (long story short: Adelson owns his own convention center and the public is annoyingly blocking his monopoly.) This will almost certainly be met with huge opposition from the MGM Grand ownership group, as they just built an NHL/NBA/etc arena entirely with their own funds.

So just one resident's opinion, but don't expect the Oakland Raiders to become the Vegas Heist anytime soon.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Craptacular! posted:

Sheldon Adelson, a guy who makes Donald Trump look poor, thinks taxes should pay for 2/3rds of his stadium, in addition to being basically a tax-exempt entity under the same kind of protections given to public facilities.

This is because Adelson wants to drain the tourism bureau that was looking to expand the city's convention center (long story short: Adelson owns his own convention center and the public is annoyingly blocking his monopoly.) This will almost certainly be met with huge opposition from the MGM Grand ownership group, as they just built an NHL/NBA/etc arena entirely with their own funds.

So just one resident's opinion, but don't expect the Oakland Raiders to become the Vegas Heist anytime soon.

It sucks the rear end in a top hat decided to play around

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
at least we know why he bought the review-journal now lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lessail posted:

at least we know why he bought the review-journal now lol

That and because Nevada is a swing state.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Split the difference. State College Steagles.

I don't want the taint of Eagles loserdom rubbing off on the successful franchise tyvm

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

What do we do with the fake Browns team then? London?

Send them to Detroit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I know I'm overly negative most of the time but I am really excited that I get another year of San Diego Chargers football and I think we'll be a lot better next season

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I don't want the taint of Eagles loserdom rubbing off on the successful franchise tyvm

The Steagles were already a thing, didn't hurt the Steelers as far as I can tell. :P

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Move 31 teams to LA. Move the Browns to the Moon.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

I know I'm overly negative most of the time but I am really excited that I get another year of San Diego Chargers football and I think we'll be a lot better next season

You can't possibly lose as many starters this next year so I agree. You'll compete for the division title IMO.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ehud posted:

You can't possibly lose as many starters this next year so I agree. You'll compete for the division title IMO.

I thought that the first year the Giants were the most injured team in the league

never be an optimist

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've driven from LA to SD in 2 hours on several occasions. I have no point, I'm just saying I've done it. Several times.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

I've driven from LA to SD in 2 hours on several occasions. I have no point, I'm just saying I've done it. Several times.

Driving to San Diego is perfectly normal and you are commended for making good life choices.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

MechaFrogzilla posted:

That and because Nevada is a swing state.

They're a bootstraps Randroid paper that agreed with him on almost every major issue for like 15 years. It seems to be more about weaponizing journalists as a hit squad to ruin the public image of anyone (in government, business, or otherwise) who gets in his way.

As well as holler about how badly we need things like this football stadium, which is apparently supposed to hold closer to 40,000 than the 70,000 I'd expect but it's going to have it's own NFL team?

What is the smallest NFL stadium right now?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Craptacular! posted:

They're a bootstraps Randroid paper that agreed with him on almost every major issue for like 15 years. It seems to be more about weaponizing journalists as a hit squad to ruin the public image of anyone (in government, business, or otherwise) who gets in his way.

As well as holler about how badly we need things like this football stadium, which is apparently supposed to hold closer to 40,000 than the 70,000 I'd expect but it's going to have it's own NFL team?

Oakland Coliseum, by about 5,000.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Craptacular! posted:

O.Co is 56k, looks like the newer stadiums are either going real big (80k plus) or being built around 65k.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_stadiums

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ross Angeles posted:

AFC West plays both the south divisions next year. They are sending three teams to the playoffs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MrLogan posted:

AFC West plays both the south divisions next year. They are sending three teams to the playoffs.

The cycle was broken so no

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MrLogan posted:

Jacksonville will go 3-1 against the AFC West next year. They will lose narrowly to KC.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MrLogan posted:

You're right, they will send three teams to the playoffs.

The Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

checks out

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I was thinking Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MrLogan posted:

I was thinking Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers.

Von Miller will put the entire team on his shoulders and carry them again.

• Locked thread