Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Most games that I play Ezreal in end before I'd want a lifesteal item anyways. Armor pen is so much more valuable as a third item in this age of juggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

ImpAtom posted:

I've not been very impressed with Udyr lately but I play Zilean a lot and there isn't much Udyr can do against slow except weep pitifully as my Carry walks away.
Rank 1 slow isn't enough to stop Udyr from successfully contributing to a gank (there's still 2 other people), and late game if you're on Udyr slow duty then you might stop him from getting to a carry maybe but more than likely you're doing little else to help the rest of your team in a fight. My guess is you're running into a lot of poor Udyr players (who buy stupid poo poo like Runic Echoes).

That being said, I'm trending further from Tiger and more towards Phoenix because the mixed damage has been just great. My record so far for Sated Devourer is 12 minutes (though I've been averaging, I'd say, between 14-16). Using this setup:

Runes
  • 9 x Attack Speed Marks
  • 9 x Armor per level Seals
  • 9 x Flat CDR Glyphs
  • 1 x CDR Quint
  • 2 x Movespeed Quint

Masteries - 12/0/18
  • Ferocity: Attack Speed and Oppression (Bear stun and Red buff provide the CC for extra damage); do not take Natural Talent, it's a huge trap skill
  • Resolve: Runic Armor, Swiftness, and Strength of Ages are the essential pick-ups here.

General Stuff
Generally speaking, Phoenix Udyr makes a poor level 1-2 invader so I concentrate on getting ahead fast. Start bot side jungle (Krugs or Gromp, depending on side of the map) and clear your whole jungle. All of it. You can do it easily because of how Phoenix interacts with Hunter's Talisman (waves/pulses apply the 20 HP/5 drain to all monsters in the camp). In fact, you will clear 5/6 camps at the same time most junglers clear 3-4 (your Smite will refresh just as you finish camp 4). You can finish your whole jungle at level 4 with 100% HP and a potion to spare, ready to gank top or mid, assuming you haven't got into any skirmishes. When you hit level 3 (camp 3) don't immediately skill Phoenix Rank 2: take a quick glance to see if there's an opportunity to take Bear and gank - there often won't be but sometimes someone pushes just a bit much and it opens them up to an easy pick. Otherwise keep your farm on, leveling R>E>W>Q

Get Hunter's Machete and Boots on your first back - you can finish your Blue Smite item if you have the extra cash but I typically like to get components first (since the upgrade otherwise only gives you blue smite effect, +2% monster lifesteal, +30% mana regen in jungle). There will be some occasions where you full clear and get two clean ganks off and can immediately buy Devourer: do it. Then, immediately kill Dragon. Then kill Rift Herald. Congrats, you are 30% to stack completion at like 8 minutes. Now go buy boots, and keep ganking and power-farming. You'll clear camps effortlessly, and quickly, building stacks of both Devourer and Strength of Ages (this helps make you a bit bulky before you start tanking up). Always watch your map, always throw down wards you have, and always be running to enemies or camps. Don't fear the enemy jungler (unless they've been getting huge) and eat their camps, too.

Items
  • Stalker's Blade (Devourer) - Your bread and butter. Some people think Red Smite is a good purchase, those people are wrong. Blue Smite gives you more movespeed while reducing your target's. I like to Smite after stun wears off to keep my opponent in range for another stun (if they're not dead). Additionally, it enables longer Oppressor uptime.
  • Boots of Swiftness (Alacrity) - Again, pretty straightforward. Go fast, then go even faster. Slows are the one thing that will cripple your potency and effectiveness once team fights break out. If you somehow are against a team with zero slows and only hard CC then Mercs are ok I guess.
  • Deadman's Plate - Gotta. Go. Fast. But really, this lets you bulk up while helping you exert even more pressure everywhere because you go even faster. Added bonus: enables Oppressor and gives you move soft CC to be a nuisance.
  • Sunfire Cape - Again, bulks you up while adding more AOE magic damage to your repertoire. While a great item to have, not the first thing to both picking up. Grab this against team comps that favor physical damage.
  • Spirit Visage - This is your first go-to MR item. I like to pick up the Kindlegem early because of how valuable the CDR is. You can often sit on the components of this item for a long time since they are individually very strong. Against very heavy magic damage teams, complete this and get another Cowl for...
  • Banshee's Veil - You'll only ever pick this up against teams that heavily favor magic damage (ie. only have 1 physical damage dealer).
  • Iceborn Gauntlet - Provides valuable CDR, Armor, and a fantastic unique that mucks things up bad for enemies, especially if you've got other armor items.
  • Trinity Force - This is a fantastic item to purchase to widen the gap if you are already far ahead. I look at far ahead as being "Oh hey, I've been running around crushing fools, am still crushing fools, but look I have like 3500-4000g just sitting around doing nothing!" It can happen on Udyr more often than you'd think. That said, getting this means you'll likely cap out at 30% CDR, and it doesn't provide the large bulk or defenses of something like Plate. While it can certainly help you shut the enemy team out, it's certainly not a mandatory pick up even if you are ahead.
  • Zz'rot or GA - Both these items are great. Both these items provide the same resist values. I have used both, I have liked both. I gravitate to the former whenever the enemy has a lot of easy to reapply slows that are on low cooldown, and the latter when my own team comp favors long engagements (ie. has a support with good heals like Soraka/Nami) since you might go down once but twice is unlikely. If you are buying Zz'rot, keep in mind you're doing it for the passive, not the active: Phoenix Udyr is already a split pushing machine.

There's lots of other words I can write about this, but the best advice is to avoid entering the Yi Zone with Udyr. That is, the magical sub-Bronze mindset that has you chase people down to the ends of the earth just because you are fast enough to do so. Often it means you waste time, but just as frequently it means you outstrip your team's ability to keep up with you and follow somebody right back into a bunch of their friends. This is not specific to Udyr or Yi, but really with anyone who is fast/has lots of mobility. Starting fights is great, and Udyr's speed can get some great picks, but don't feel like you have to run people down constantly because otherwise you'll just end up dead and mad at your teammates who didn't follow you (because they couldn't keep up).

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Age of Juggs would be a sweet MMO.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Just the ultimate CD nerf, but he indirectly got nerfed by all of the juggernaut itemization being so strong and mage itemization changes didn't do anything to help him. He just can't really bully a lot of the dudes dicking around in top lane anymore and he ate a nerf so he's just really far out of the meta.

Hm that sucks, I guess Rumble is still a good pocket pick against some champs like Nasus and Malphite and Riven and that sorta thing though

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oh I also forgot null-magic mantle got buffed to +25 MR which is actually a pretty huge buff! It really makes it easier to get a significant amount of MR during laning for a not significant cost

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Stefan Prodan posted:

Hm that sucks, I guess Rumble is still a good pocket pick against some champs like Nasus and Malphite and Riven and that sorta thing though

Rumble suffered big time

Which is a shame because he is loving fantastic if played correctly

Gives massive power to a teamfight with his ult, and if you are building him correctly is also a pain in the rear end to kill

Not to mention deathfire touch being super neat with flamespitter

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Age of Juggs would be a sweet MMO.

I'd play it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

You are also the silver scrub not looking at his map so maybe you should start?????????

I'm a silver scrub because I decied to play Illaoi in my placements. :negative:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Rumble suffered big time

Which is a shame because he is loving fantastic if played correctly

Gives massive power to a teamfight with his ult, and if you are building him correctly is also a pain in the rear end to kill

Not to mention deathfire touch being super neat with flamespitter

Yeah I was just getting the hang of him again based on the LOLsoc Rumble video that got posted and dumpstering some people, but it sounds like it's a pretty uphill battle compared to some champs

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Are there any other good like step by step how EXACTLY to play a champion kinda videos as good as the Ahri/Fizz/Rumble ones on LOLSoc? Those are awesome and I'd love to see more like really in depth poo poo about one champion (hopefully that aren't horribly outdated)

I know Saintvicious did all his poo poo a long time ago but those don't really go into much detail, it's just "buy a locket and win games LOL"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The best I've found are at skillcapped but that costs money

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I had skillcapped for awhile and found most of them to be really low level and take forever to explain really basic poo poo with maybe one or two useful nuggets, but maybe I will check it out again for a month

I don't mind dropping a little bit of money

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Guides are a really outdated way of learning a champion, especially since things change so much. Just go to champion.gg or probuilds for runes/masteries/items and then watch a stream or a VOD of someone in high elo play that champion

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Stefan Prodan posted:

Are there any other good like step by step how EXACTLY to play a champion kinda videos as good as the Ahri/Fizz/Rumble ones on LOLSoc? Those are awesome and I'd love to see more like really in depth poo poo about one champion (hopefully that aren't horribly outdated)

I know Saintvicious did all his poo poo a long time ago but those don't really go into much detail, it's just "buy a locket and win games LOL"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cw7DTvrdfA

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

henkman posted:

Guides are a really outdated way of learning a champion, especially since things change so much. Just go to champion.gg or probuilds for runes/masteries/items and then watch a stream or a VOD of someone in high elo play that champion

Yeah I don't really know what to say other than I strongly disagree, or at least for me, I can do something way way better with a step by step like here's how to lane as this champ, here's your power spikes, try to do this, don't do that, here's the champs that counter you and how to play against them, etc. Runes/masteries/builds are like the thing I mean the least, those are easy to find at the sites you listed.

Basically I just want videos like these for more champions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3bmatXt6ds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMUO2AyrV0

I went from being trash at Rumble to easily getting into plat and dominating most lanes when he was viable after like 5 games of practice after watching that first video

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah I was just getting the hang of him again based on the LOLsoc Rumble video that got posted and dumpstering some people, but it sounds like it's a pretty uphill battle compared to some champs

It is indeed an uphill battle, because if you do not counter a champion you will get ruined by them

Your farming ability and waveclear is fairly lacking thanks to reduced damage to minions on your q

You will likely lose lane 90% of the time, but losing lane opens you up to roaming, at which rumble excels

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sperglord Firecock posted:

It is indeed an uphill battle, because if you do not counter a champion you will get ruined by them

Your farming ability and waveclear is fairly lacking thanks to reduced damage to minions on your q

You will likely lose lane 90% of the time, but losing lane opens you up to roaming, at which rumble excels

Yeah that sucks, before I could pretty much dumpster any melee champion really hard unless I played awfully

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

I had skillcapped for awhile and found most of them to be really low level and take forever to explain really basic poo poo with maybe one or two useful nuggets, but maybe I will check it out again for a month

I don't mind dropping a little bit of money

They've started updating their guides into new versions and the new ones are good. I know they have ones in the new style for: riven, Vayne, fizz, Diana, lux

But the disadvantage is that they seem to expect you to watch videos for only one champ so a lot of the content on, say, warding will be duplicated for fizz and diana

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah their structure is really weird, I'm thinking about giving the 7 day shot of proguides, the one Gosu and Doublelift are on, a shot although neither of those guys strike me as good teachers

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

Rank 1 slow isn't enough to stop Udyr from successfully contributing to a gank (there's still 2 other people), and late game if you're on Udyr slow duty then you might stop him from getting to a carry maybe but more than likely you're doing little else to help the rest of your team in a fight. My guess is you're running into a lot of poor Udyr players (who buy stupid poo poo like Runic Echoes).

That being said, I'm trending further from Tiger and more towards Phoenix because the mixed damage has been just great. My record so far for Sated Devourer is 12 minutes (though I've been averaging, I'd say, between 14-16). Using this setup:

Runes
  • 9 x Attack Speed Marks
  • 9 x Armor per level Seals
  • 9 x Flat CDR Glyphs
  • 1 x CDR Quint
  • 2 x Movespeed Quint

Masteries - 12/0/18
  • Ferocity: Attack Speed and Oppression (Bear stun and Red buff provide the CC for extra damage); do not take Natural Talent, it's a huge trap skill
  • Resolve: Runic Armor, Swiftness, and Strength of Ages are the essential pick-ups here.

General Stuff
Generally speaking, Phoenix Udyr makes a poor level 1-2 invader so I concentrate on getting ahead fast. Start bot side jungle (Krugs or Gromp, depending on side of the map) and clear your whole jungle. All of it. You can do it easily because of how Phoenix interacts with Hunter's Talisman (waves/pulses apply the 20 HP/5 drain to all monsters in the camp). In fact, you will clear 5/6 camps at the same time most junglers clear 3-4 (your Smite will refresh just as you finish camp 4). You can finish your whole jungle at level 4 with 100% HP and a potion to spare, ready to gank top or mid, assuming you haven't got into any skirmishes. When you hit level 3 (camp 3) don't immediately skill Phoenix Rank 2: take a quick glance to see if there's an opportunity to take Bear and gank - there often won't be but sometimes someone pushes just a bit much and it opens them up to an easy pick. Otherwise keep your farm on, leveling R>E>W>Q

Get Hunter's Machete and Boots on your first back - you can finish your Blue Smite item if you have the extra cash but I typically like to get components first (since the upgrade otherwise only gives you blue smite effect, +2% monster lifesteal, +30% mana regen in jungle). There will be some occasions where you full clear and get two clean ganks off and can immediately buy Devourer: do it. Then, immediately kill Dragon. Then kill Rift Herald. Congrats, you are 30% to stack completion at like 8 minutes. Now go buy boots, and keep ganking and power-farming. You'll clear camps effortlessly, and quickly, building stacks of both Devourer and Strength of Ages (this helps make you a bit bulky before you start tanking up). Always watch your map, always throw down wards you have, and always be running to enemies or camps. Don't fear the enemy jungler (unless they've been getting huge) and eat their camps, too.

Items
  • Stalker's Blade (Devourer) - Your bread and butter. Some people think Red Smite is a good purchase, those people are wrong. Blue Smite gives you more movespeed while reducing your target's. I like to Smite after stun wears off to keep my opponent in range for another stun (if they're not dead). Additionally, it enables longer Oppressor uptime.
  • Boots of Swiftness (Alacrity) - Again, pretty straightforward. Go fast, then go even faster. Slows are the one thing that will cripple your potency and effectiveness once team fights break out. If you somehow are against a team with zero slows and only hard CC then Mercs are ok I guess.
  • Deadman's Plate - Gotta. Go. Fast. But really, this lets you bulk up while helping you exert even more pressure everywhere because you go even faster. Added bonus: enables Oppressor and gives you move soft CC to be a nuisance.
  • Sunfire Cape - Again, bulks you up while adding more AOE magic damage to your repertoire. While a great item to have, not the first thing to both picking up. Grab this against team comps that favor physical damage.
  • Spirit Visage - This is your first go-to MR item. I like to pick up the Kindlegem early because of how valuable the CDR is. You can often sit on the components of this item for a long time since they are individually very strong. Against very heavy magic damage teams, complete this and get another Cowl for...
  • Banshee's Veil - You'll only ever pick this up against teams that heavily favor magic damage (ie. only have 1 physical damage dealer).
  • Iceborn Gauntlet - Provides valuable CDR, Armor, and a fantastic unique that mucks things up bad for enemies, especially if you've got other armor items.
  • Trinity Force - This is a fantastic item to purchase to widen the gap if you are already far ahead. I look at far ahead as being "Oh hey, I've been running around crushing fools, am still crushing fools, but look I have like 3500-4000g just sitting around doing nothing!" It can happen on Udyr more often than you'd think. That said, getting this means you'll likely cap out at 30% CDR, and it doesn't provide the large bulk or defenses of something like Plate. While it can certainly help you shut the enemy team out, it's certainly not a mandatory pick up even if you are ahead.
  • Zz'rot or GA - Both these items are great. Both these items provide the same resist values. I have used both, I have liked both. I gravitate to the former whenever the enemy has a lot of easy to reapply slows that are on low cooldown, and the latter when my own team comp favors long engagements (ie. has a support with good heals like Soraka/Nami) since you might go down once but twice is unlikely. If you are buying Zz'rot, keep in mind you're doing it for the passive, not the active: Phoenix Udyr is already a split pushing machine.

There's lots of other words I can write about this, but the best advice is to avoid entering the Yi Zone with Udyr. That is, the magical sub-Bronze mindset that has you chase people down to the ends of the earth just because you are fast enough to do so. Often it means you waste time, but just as frequently it means you outstrip your team's ability to keep up with you and follow somebody right back into a bunch of their friends. This is not specific to Udyr or Yi, but really with anyone who is fast/has lots of mobility. Starting fights is great, and Udyr's speed can get some great picks, but don't feel like you have to run people down constantly because otherwise you'll just end up dead and mad at your teammates who didn't follow you (because they couldn't keep up).

Nice quick talk bro, better Udyr mini-guide then any website or video.

I am totally gonna try it not cause I really wanna play Udyr but because you deserve someone to do what you say after taht great :effort: post.

Question about doing Dragon: What is the trick to soloing it? Do you do the E->R->3hits->E->R->3hits cycle and just stay alive with shield and the occasional hit in turtle+pots? I've never been great at the Udyr stance dance.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
mikujin i will try your udyr poo poo too, because j4 makes me sad nowadays

^^you mean W not E

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Very first game initial take on Jhin: really fun, great teamplayer, put him in a lane with locktown people, dies horribly when engaged on and has little or no response to it whatsoever, hits very very hard on squishy targets but struggles against tanky ones.

Will totally buy High Noon as well

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Just the ultimate CD nerf, but he indirectly got nerfed by all of the juggernaut itemization being so strong and mage itemization changes didn't do anything to help him. He just can't really bully a lot of the dudes dicking around in top lane anymore and he ate a nerf so he's just really far out of the meta.

Not to mention that teamfights around dragon have been completely disincentivized, so his early teamfight power is mostly useless now.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I did too. Whats with the three account codes? Do we get one for ourselves and two for our friends?

Yeah but I'm probably gonna use all three of them to do some fuckery

Also re: Jhin's invulnerablity to attack speed slows

Jhin is basically always under an attack speed slow, it's as if you're playing with a permanent Nunu snowball effect on your AS

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Luckily you guys are part of the Something Awful forums and thus silversquid on NA, where pro advice is given. I will have all of you jungling Urgot perfectly in no time.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mikujin posted:

Udyr guide

Man I am like 3 games away from picking up Volibear but you're making it way too tempting to just go finally start addressing my lack of AS marks and flat CDR blues instead. (only have scaling CDR, 820 per rune is a massive price for how sporadically i play)

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

:whatup:

foutre fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 3, 2016

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Gridlocked posted:

Question about doing Dragon: What is the trick to soloing it? Do you do the E->R->3hits->E->R->3hits cycle and just stay alive with shield and the occasional hit in turtle+pots? I've never been great at the Udyr stance dance.

It depends on what level you are, what items you have, and how many stacks of your passive you have. I like to start Dragon with one or two stacks of passive and letting a pulse from R aggro it (so you can weave towards pit exist and back in to avoid the knockback, which lets you start killing it sooner). Then hit to trigger -> W (to keep passive stacks up) -> R + 6 autos -> W -> R + 6 autos -> W repeat until dead. If you have level 6 and Devourer you should have no trouble doing the 6 hits til switch method. That said, "stance dance" is just code for "If your passive is about to run out push a button, then go back into fight mode stance of choice."

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Pick primary mid, secondary jungle, get jungle 9 games in a row with an instant queue.

What the gently caress is the point in picking primary and secondary roles if I'm going to get my secondary role every time? I could sort of understand if the client had to wait 5+ minutes for to place me in a game because noone is queuing as jungler, but it looks like it just throws me in the first game with an open spot instead of prioritizing my primary role.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mystery Prize posted:

Pick primary mid, secondary jungle, get jungle 9 games in a row with an instant queue.

What the gently caress is the point in picking primary and secondary roles if I'm going to get my secondary role every time? I could sort of understand if the client had to wait 5+ minutes for to place me in a game because noone is queuing as jungler, but it looks like it just throws me in the first game with an open spot instead of prioritizing my primary role.

I think mid is the highest pick rate role. I was often queuing jungle main / top secondary and I'd say the split between roles was about 40/60. I have since started to queue as jungle/mid and I have not gotten a mid game yet.

What I'm saying is that if mid is your jam, you're probably hosed, but if you want something else just pick that thing + mid and you're gold.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

And even if you get Mid you can probably swap out with someone.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Mikujin posted:

I think mid is the highest pick rate role. I was often queuing jungle main / top secondary and I'd say the split between roles was about 40/60. I have since started to queue as jungle/mid and I have not gotten a mid game yet.

What I'm saying is that if mid is your jam, you're probably hosed, but if you want something else just pick that thing + mid and you're gold.

What I'm trying to say here is I'd rather wait a few minutes to get a role I want than be instantly queued in a role I am just okay at.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

literally the only guide you'll ever need for league of legends

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mystery Prize posted:

What I'm trying to say here is I'd rather wait a few minutes to get a role I want than be instantly queued in a role I am just okay at.

Yes, and I'm saying your best bet is to queue with a secondary that is also picked a lot. Top or ADC, I'd wager.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mystery Prize posted:

The system works, as long as what you want to play is support. :getin:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Mystery Prize posted:

I've said this about five times in previous threads, but I exclusively played TB because the majority of the time I play League it's because I get an itch to play a specific champion. With TB I knew I could do that 100% of the time, and it's not like the wait times were that much worse. It's just annoying because LoL is the only game where there's a significant chance you just won't get to play the way you want. Its like me popping in Skyrim and the game going "Sorry, you can't play a mage for two hours, gotta play a warrior" or something.

That in mind, I think the two role thing is way better than Pick-Order Draft, and it it's nice to be able to actually play ranked knowing I'll get at least one of the roles I want. I just can't wait until the release Actual Solo Queue instead of this Dynamic bullshit that puts me with 4 non-English speaking French people in Skype against another 4-man in Skype.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
God how I hate playing on OCE.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I've said this about five times in previous threads, but I exclusively played TB because the majority of the time I play League it's because I get an itch to play a specific champion. With TB I knew I could do that 100% of the time, and it's not like the wait times were that much worse. It's just annoying because LoL is the only game where there's a significant chance you just won't get to play the way you want. Its like me popping in Skyrim and the game going "Sorry, you can't play a mage for two hours, gotta play a warrior" or something.

That in mind, I think the two role thing is way better than Pick-Order Draft, and it it's nice to be able to actually play ranked knowing I'll get at least one of the roles I want. I just can't wait until the release Actual Solo Queue instead of this Dynamic bullshit that puts me with 4 non-English speaking French people in Skype against another 4-man in Skype.

I actually really appreciate how it has solved people fighting over positions. Now I just wish they could get people to somehow stop being drama queens about picks and bans...

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Alris posted:

God how I hate playing on OCE.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Riot should replace Blind Pick with Team Builder.

• Locked thread