Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait.

Did Buu kill Arale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Dr. Gero can apparently create souls for artificial beings!

Wasn't 19 a person at one point.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Namtab posted:

Wasn't 19 a person at one point.

The manga specifically goes out of its way to talk about how he was never a real human, actually. Gero was the only absorption model that was also a human at one point.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Wait.

Did Buu kill Arale?

Please.

Arale would wreck Buu.

She'd wreck Beerus.

Who do you think taught Whis how to be powerful?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Rewatching DBZ in spanish. On the majin buu arc and I'm enjoying the poo poo out of it. Watching super gave me a new appreciation for the filler, honestly don't even mind it anymore.

I also randomly watched 2 GT episodes and hated it. GT loving sucked man

Majin Buu filler is great. I'm glad I did't do something dumb like wait for the Kai dub to rewatch it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Burkion posted:

Who do you think taught Whis how to be powerful?
<--------------

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Super's got a lot of flaws to it but I just want to say how loving glad I am Sorbet shoots Goku from the back in it instead of right in front of him

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TheKingofSprings posted:

Super's got a lot of flaws to it but I just want to say how loving glad I am Sorbet shoots Goku from the back in it instead of right in front of him

They made up for their BoG sucking by fixing RoF.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
But its the oppsite though. Their BoG was good and their RoF was terrible.

Like, Goku vs Golden frieza might be the worst fight in the entire series.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I skipped it, watching super again now that it's actually good.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
My favorite part of the RoF movie was the moral that mercy is a weakness and violence is always the answer. Is that still the case in Super?

(Actual favorite thing: Krillin as a cop, which was legit awesome.)

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 2, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

readingatwork posted:

My favorite part of the RoF movie was the moral that mercy is a weakness and violence is always the answer.

A bit of an exaggeration, but it used to be weird to me how Japanese superheroes always killed their supervillains. Now, with how many times the Joker has escaped and killed millions, it starts to become weird why American superheroes don't just stop these guys. Maybe not the first offense or the second, but, when it's the 100th time it's happened, the blood starts to fall on your hands.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

readingatwork posted:

My favorite part of the RoF movie was the moral that mercy is a weakness and violence is always the answer. Is that still the case in Super?

(Actual favorite thing: Krillin as a cop, which was legit awesome.)

Loved that they kept his One Piece ring tone in super

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

readingatwork posted:

-Annoying new robot friend is annoying.

lol get ready to listen to his annoying "danger! danger!" catchphrase over and over and over for 60 episodes straight!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Spidder posted:

lol get ready to listen to his annoying "danger! danger!" catchphrase over and over and over for 60 episodes straight!

I forgot about that till you horribly just reminded me. He was such a bad character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Covok posted:

Maybe not the first offense or the second, but, when it's the 100th time it's happened, the blood starts to fall on your hands.

No it isn't. It is not a policeman's job to execute someone because the jails can't keep them imprisoned and it isn't their obligation to become a murderer because of that. Also the only reason they escape a hundred times is because the plot says so which also applies to any time they actually do die. Killing The Joker doesn't stop him, he'll just come back later as he has multiple times. (This also applies to DBZ where someone like Frieza is only a Dragonball wish away.)

Edit:
Honestly, redemption in Dragonball is the optimal best way to defeat a villain. Everyone would have been real hosed if Goku had killed Piccolo Jr or Krillin had shivved Vegeta.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 2, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'd kill the joker, personally

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Namtab posted:

I'd kill the joker, personally

Yeah but you're reverse Batman, of course you would

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

No it isn't. It is not a policeman's job to execute someone because the jails can't keep them imprisoned and it isn't their obligation to become a murderer because of that

what the hell is this retarded crap

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JohnnyCocksville posted:

what the hell is this retarded crap

If you think cartoon supervillains who escape from prison are remotely a realistic situation you're kinda dumb. Happy to help.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
you dumb for even replying

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think Vegeta would kill The Joker. So would Piccolo, Mirai Trunks, or Tien. Jaco would try to put him under Space Arrest, while Gohan would lose to him.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
nothing matters in dragonland all of your dreams come true you get to be a little boy and an old man forever bo nai ki cha lucky star wishes eternal moo goo gai pan

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
today on dragonballz: vegeta died so gohan has to gently caress his wife
next time on dragonballz: gohan is replaced with a more dominant bull

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Johnny cocksvill is unstoppable

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Johnny are you having some sort of an episode?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Okay.

Moving on, any guesses what Winnie the Buu's special power is?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I find it kind of odd Goku was able to just charge up and obliterate Freeza like that, actually. Has he ever outright killed someone like that?

Also, I never actually saw the movie so this is the only thing I have to go off, but the whole arc itself wasn't bad. I wish they had done a bit more with Tagoma and Ginyu though.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Momomo posted:

I find it kind of odd Goku was able to just charge up and obliterate Freeza like that, actually. Has he ever outright killed someone like that?

Also, I never actually saw the movie so this is the only thing I have to go off, but the whole arc itself wasn't bad. I wish they had done a bit more with Tagoma and Ginyu though.

You can totally do that at any time. It's just out of character for Goku and any Saiyan not named Gohan because they like fighting. I'd imagine seeing the Earth explode made him take it seriously.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JohnnyCocksville posted:

today on dragonballz: vegeta died so gohan has to gently caress his wife
next time on dragonballz: gohan is replaced with a more dominant bull

poo poo can't wait to find out who it is

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Momomo posted:

Consider that Freeza was entirely out of power, heavily beaten already, and caught off-guard, while Goku was at full power because of the Senzu Bean. Goku couldn't do it on a fair fight, but by that point Freeza was basically harmless beyond the whole "exploding the Earth" thing. Vegeta could've done the same if he hadn't decided to overcharge his Big Bang Attack to enjoy the moment more.

In the Cell Games, it's basically outright stated that SS2 Gohan could've done the same to Cell but he decided that he needed to torture Cell first for his crimes. And Goku could've probably done the same to Freeza back in their first fight after becoming a Super Saiyan and after Freeza lost his stamina (the same situation as here, basically), but didn't because he's far too kind for his own good.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Blaze Dragon posted:

Consider that Freeza was entirely out of power, heavily beaten already, and caught off-guard, while Goku was at full power because of the Senzu Bean. Goku couldn't do it on a fair fight, but by that point Freeza was basically harmless beyond the whole "exploding the Earth" thing. Vegeta could've done the same if he hadn't decided to overcharge his Big Bang Attack to enjoy the moment more.

In the Cell Games, it's basically outright stated that SS2 Gohan could've done the same to Cell but he decided that he needed to torture Cell first for his crimes. And Goku could've probably done the same to Freeza back in their first fight after becoming a Super Saiyan and after Freeza lost his stamina (the same situation as here, basically), but didn't because he's far too kind for his own good.

Like how vampires from old stories have to count all the grains if you drop rice.If you offer a Saiyan a chance at a good fight or a chance to be an arrogant gently caress they have to take it. It's how Toriyama keeps them from being too OP

Other examples include Vegeta and Nappa not immediately going ape form (Vegeta literally hates using it) Despite the fact that in that form only Frieza would be able to take him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am late but will comment on the vampire abridging anyway.

I think the Papal Knights scene went on too long and could have stood to cut maybe a minute off Maxwell's speech and maybe a group of knights (I would cut the SA but that left my Canadian buddy in tears so). That said I think the idea of Maxwell revolting against Francis is hilarious, that scareshot of Ecce Homo was great, and yes I am the one who laughed at the Jewish Knight.

Hellsing is weird for me because I feel like it is always either perfect or terrible and that can switch within the same scene.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

I would cut the SA

Heathen. That one guy was easily the best part of the scene.

Also, I'm curious if they actually did get the guy who was doing the Canadian DBZA in or if it was just a good imitation.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Actually thinking about it I wouldn't cut any of them, the buildup with them each chiming in justified all of them.

I would definitely cut the KKK's intro in half though, too long, too on the nose.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Rodyle posted:

Actually thinking about it I wouldn't cut any of them, the buildup with them each chiming in justified all of them.

I would definitely cut the KKK's intro in half though, too long, too on the nose.
Yeah the problem probably isn't the quantity of call outs, it's the length. I would say make it snappier, but in this case all I'd expect is shave off some so it's not a 5 minute joke.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh my god that Canadian DBZA

E: it totally is that guy playing the SA Knight btw

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 3, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is there an aboot and "ey" counter?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Momomo posted:

Actually he did! In a very similar fashion even:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoD1BRsKyCg&t=165s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Blaze Dragon posted:

I just meant in the sense that Goku actually killed someone outright for once, when his kill count is not very big. Didn't even kill Freeza to begin with. Him seeing what would happen if he didn't smacked some sense into him, though.

• Locked thread