Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think Golden Kamui is my fav comic atm. i've been trying suggestions from the manga pic thread but none of them have stuck yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the mate of the idiot guy who keeps not getting the hint and he's just trying to get that idiot couple together

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

drat, the crab situation is too real for me to handle.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Droyer posted:

sorry, i was trying to make a joke. I didn't mean to come off as actually mad, and I apologize :(

I know that you weren't actually mad

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

r u guys ready 4 MILLION LIVE PC
http://gamestalk.net/idol-master-17/

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

like Natsunokumo sounded really cool but actually reading it, it's really wordy for a comic and i feel like the world is ill-defined

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

this is who Davincie means

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

(it's poo poo dont play it imo)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Dangerous Person posted:

Oh poo poo Turner Classic Movies started their month of Oscar movies

Turn on your tv and watch The Sting right now

ahh, the worst month of TCM

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Literally The Worst posted:

like i said i work in a shop knowing whats coming out is kinda a thing

Yeah, that'll help. A one shot sounds nice but I've been waiting for Brubaker to write the prison break story for a long time now.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

he's not bald

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

i think Golden Kamui is my fav comic atm. i've been trying suggestions from the manga pic thread but none of them have stuck yet.

try yae no sakura

DoubleDonut posted:

yah, thought he was bald tho

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Parallax posted:

ahh, the worst month of TCM

:smith:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Why does this online card game have loving raids in it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

try yae no sakura

it's on my list. i usually keep tabs open of the stuff you and sharky post in here

almost done rereading yotsubato and i'll get back to new stuff

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I recently finished rereading The Ark Sakura by Kobo Abe

It's a good book about a paranoid guy who believes that nuclear war will destroy the world in the near future, so he plans on using an abandoned mine as a bomb shelter that also serves as a permanent community. But he quickly loses control when he invites a few other people to live there.

In the first chapter you learn about a bug that survives by gradually spinning around while eating its poo poo all day, which is a hell of an image to start a story on.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Weird Japanese authors ftw, basically

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

the mate of the idiot guy who keeps not getting the hint and he's just trying to get that idiot couple together

Ah, the friend of Fisheyes.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

it's true though, since TCM plays good movies all the time they have to lower their standards to play Oscar winners

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

No.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Parallax posted:

it's true though, since TCM plays good movies all the time they have to lower their standards to play Oscar winners

I like it because my favorite decade for movies is the 70s and I'm always guaranteed a poo poo ton of 70s movies this month on TCM

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I want to try and read at least a book or two a month this year, I finished the Handmaid's Tale by Atwood a while ago and I'm reading short stories by Italo Calvino and a book about post-punk

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh wait rapmaster isn't bald either.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parallax posted:

I want to try and read at least a book or two a month this year, I finished the Handmaid's Tale by Atwood a while ago and I'm reading short stories by Italo Calvino and a book about post-punk

Oh I had to read that book for 12th grade. Or 11th grade. Probably 11th grade.

It was one of those dystopia things. Other groups had to reach Brave New World, 1984, etc.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I like Tomo because I find it funny and enjoy the characters in it, so I'm okay with it being a gag manga where the relationship takes forever to go anywhere. I also don't think it's fallen in a rut or anything, it's just a slow burner.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 3, 2016

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Post-punk, a dystopian future where men fight over the right to post on something awful.

Zepia reigns as godking of the world

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

Post-punk, a dystopian future where men fight over the right to post on something awful.

Zepia reigns as godking of the world

Seems like a lovely world.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I like Tomo because I find it funny and enjoy the characters in it, so I'm okay with it being a gag manga where the relationship takes forever to go anywhere. I also don't think it's fallen in a rut or anything, it's just a slow burner.

I still like it, but that's probably at least partially because it's a page a day. there's like, no time investment necessary

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i opted to read Brave New World for school instead of Handmaid's Tale but have always wanted to go back to it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

i opted to read Brave New World for school instead of Handmaid's Tale but have always wanted to go back to it.

My class didn't really get a choice.

I forgot what the fourth book was.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I pretended to read Brave New World in 11th grade and then had to play Mustapha Mond in a musical version for a project. I did not like this.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably the one about book burning.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dangerous Person posted:

Yeah, that'll help. A one shot sounds nice but I've been waiting for Brubaker to write the prison break story for a long time now.

did you read that one shot last year or the year before that was set in a prison

because i did not

but its about the guy from coward i think

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Droyer posted:

I still like it, but that's probably at least partially because it's a page a day. there's like, no time investment necessary

Yeah. It's also not like it's high stakes drama and the author is deliberately contriving to keep the characters apart or anything. I do think it's a bit weird saying it'll never go anywhere just because they haven't kissed yet when there's only one completed volume, though.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I have slaughtered all the crabs, and harvested their meat.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

///////////////

surreal seinen shorts about depression and relationships

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

I enjoyed it, it turns out a dystopian future that focuses on a woman's perspective is more terrifying, who'da thunk

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Literally The Worst posted:

did you read that one shot last year or the year before that was set in a prison

because i did not

but its about the guy from coward i think

I did, it was about Teeg Lawless. It was really good but made me want a whole storyline.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Handmaid's Tale is good, even though I hated it in the context of being forced to read it in Eng lit. I liked Oryx and Crake a lot more.

Also, Margaret Atwood is a really cool person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

One aspect of 1984 that I wish more dystopian literature would steal is the stuff about language

The truly scary part isn't Big Brother watching, but that they could stamp out the very idea of resistance

• Locked thread