Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they have some songs that later games don't have but as games they're pretty much worse

so unless you have an all-consuming lust for miku, i wouldn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Skeezy posted:

So what's the usual decent price for a 32gb card then?

$85 is an okay price for not needing to think about free memory for a long, long time (for the Vita).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skeezy posted:

How are y'all enjoying Cyber Sleuth?

I'm enjoying it so far except that the character designs are really... well, it's the Devil Survivor 2 guy and apparently nobody put any breaks on him so half the ladies in the game look like they're on their way to the red light district and half the dudes just look identical to guys from Devil Survivor 2 because apparently he can do like two designs.

The gameplay is fun if a little rough so far.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Junpei Hyde posted:

No, but I can import them and play them on my PSP, and this seemed like the most likely thread to hive me a response, because I think the imports thread died.

Given how many of the best hand available on the vita are psp games, I've half a mind to suggest making it a combined thread. Is there still a psp thread?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
it really is a shame that the best game on the vita for me is still the Tactics Ogre remake

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The psp miku games aren't worth playing because honestly the amount of slowdown is sickening

If you can connect them to your ps3 and get the dreamy theater versions though, that's a different story

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ImpAtom posted:

I'm enjoying it so far except that the character designs are really... well, it's the Devil Survivor 2 guy and apparently nobody put any breaks on him so half the ladies in the game look like they're on their way to the red light district and half the dudes just look identical to guys from Devil Survivor 2 because apparently he can do like two designs.

Did you ever see the PSO2 outfits he designed?

The one in the middle just has a sticker over one boob, it's hilarious.

Anyway, I want to get Cyber Sleuth at some point, it looks like a pretty good game. I also want to have a bigger memory card so I can have PSO2 installed and anything else but :retrogames:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what's the gameplay like in cyber sleuth? Is it like pokemon or what? I never played any Digimon games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

what's the gameplay like in cyber sleuth? Is it like pokemon or what? I never played any Digimon games
it isn't really like pokemon at all, it's closer to a normal RPG. 3 mons out in battle, 6 in reserve, FFX style turn counter on the side and ability to swap mons mid-combat.

There's a lot of mons to experiment with and they all have different digivolution routes and there's 5-6 stages of digivolution, so things are changing at a pretty steady clip. Combat isn't super complex but there's enough there to make experimenting with party set-up fun.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh cool that sounds pretty fun, I might buy it to have something to play until Fates

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Is... Is this not already a dumpster?? I'm so confused.

I finally finished chapter 1 of Trails of Cold Steel last night, and I'm enjoying the progression in this one a bit more than in TitS, but the lack of grid is still something to get used to. Laura is my favorite character and I just want her to be the strongest.

All they really did is make the grid squares extra tiny.

Note that orbment lines work a little differently now: in Sky you could only have one single ailment-on-hit quartz per character, but Cold Steel lets you have one ailment and one stat-down on each individual line. So there's an actual benefit to orbments with lots of short lines now, and that will help Laura stay the strongest.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 3, 2016

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Please stop talking about Tactics Ogre. Every time I download that game I can't get anything done for days.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I guess there's a ps4 version of cyber sleuth too? how's the vita performance, it looks like it was vita only in Japan so presumably it should be fine but maybe not?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

helldivers does not seem like a great game for vita, not sure i can learn to stroke the back touchpad well enough in high pressure situations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I guess there's a ps4 version of cyber sleuth too? how's the vita performance, it looks like it was vita only in Japan so presumably it should be fine but maybe not?
vita performance is fine, there's a bit of fps dropping on the super big attacks but perhaps the same could be said of all vita games

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

helldivers does not seem like a great game for vita, not sure i can learn to stroke the back touchpad well enough in high pressure situations.

that's part of the design. they made lots of actions kind of tricky I handle so you have to think more about it or develop really good muscle memory. you'd think on pc it's easier, but the way they made the mouse controls it's almost harder. get used to the game trying to get you to kill yourself and your comrades. :haw:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cake Attack posted:

From what I read it's a mostly solid 30fps on the Vita/TV and 60 (as well as being 1080p) on the PS Quad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also protip for cold steel: give laura force and as many attack increasing quartz as you can find, go into bosses with 200 cp on her, have rean motivate and have someone else cast forte, watch her oneshot bosses

my strategy for pretty much every boss fight was 'have laura drop an s-craft, if they're somehow still alive stall until she can get another one'

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

You can also try using a laser weapon and not have to worry about reloading too much. I rarely use grenades when I play though.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Endorph posted:

vita performance is fine, there's a bit of fps dropping on the super big attacks but perhaps the same could be said of all vita games
There's also small fps drops when you have 3 big digimon in crowded/background-busy areas but it's not that bad.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

also protip for cold steel: give laura force and as many attack increasing quartz as you can find, go into bosses with 200 cp on her, have rean motivate and have someone else cast forte, watch her oneshot bosses

my strategy for pretty much every boss fight was 'have laura drop an s-craft, if they're somehow still alive stall until she can get another one'

That doesn't sound fun to me

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Regy Rusty posted:

on the other hand, that's how you play disgaea games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

it actually was very fun

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

eh there's a pretty narrow time frame where that'll actually one-shot bosses. i did that against the final boss and it did like 50k of 200k+

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some people have a weird obsession with breaking RPGs so they're super easy and it seems like it would suck all the fun out of it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Some people have a weird obsession with breaking RPGs so they're super easy and it seems like it would suck all the fun out of it

lots of the time that is the fun?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
The fun is in exploiting the systems. Once you've gamed it to the point where nothing poses a threat is an extension of that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Help Im Alive posted:

Breaking RPGs without just doing meaningless grind to over-level requires a lot of strategy and thought, and that's appealing to some people. It's not for everyone, though.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Breaking RPGs without just doing meaningless grind to over-level requires a lot of strategy and thought, and that's appealing to some people. It's not for everyone, though.

And the Disgaea series is built to be only fun of you embrace that kind of puzzle solving, where the puzzle is not an explicit one, but the combination of all systems in the game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mithaldu posted:

And the Disgaea series is built to be only fun of you embrace that kind of puzzle solving, where the puzzle is not an explicit one, but the combination of all systems in the game.

Disgaea: Make Your Mage A Mini-God

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

i didnt know 'equipping all the +atk stuff on the girl who's only good at attacking' was breaking the game

for real tho i played on hard and had a good time and it didn't actually one shot every boss, i was exaggerating for comedic effect

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Why yes, bandai namco sale, I WILL buy touch my katamari for the price of $3.75!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bloodychill posted:

I'm sick of anime best girl chat and "what is epitasis watching on crunchy roll right now" soliloquies.

I agree.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't mind people having discussions that aren't totally on-topic all the time, but I shouldn't have to babysit this thread to keep it from turning into crew chat. So we've got a couple choices:

- I can gas this.

- I can rename this ANIME GAMES CHAT THREAD and move it to CCCC and let Ralp gas it.

- Y'all can post better, in the manner of posting less bad.

[in exasperated substitute teacher voice] Now won't that be fun? Can we do that for just a little while, huh guys?

Thank you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bloodychill posted:

I'm sick of anime best girl chat and "what is epitasis watching on crunchy roll right now" soliloquies.

His soliloquies may be hard for some to swallow

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The most fun thing to do in Cold Steel isn't to oneshot bosses but to set things up so bosses get as few turns as possible. Getting unscathed on a boss is super-fun.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if you one-shot a boss before they move they get zero turns! that's the least number of turns there is!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

if you one-shot a boss before they move they get zero turns! that's the least number of turns there is!

delaying their turns constantly is like giving them negative turns

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok so how bad is this new firmware update? I have an old as vita I never used that's stuck on 2.02, and I heard the latest version of 3.57 has some bugs/issues and shouldn't be downloaded until it's patched.

I really want to play that digimon game that came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Ugh not DS2 art all over again