Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
NAMI would be a cool thing to support yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

flatluigi posted:

Please don't confuse eonwe's obsession with me for anything mutual

I notice bad posters say this sort of thing a lot, makes u think.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

i dont have anything agains that dude in particular, but man yeah, i never quite noticed until you mentioned

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

beep by grandpa posted:

He posted about me like thirty times in the AGDQ livethread without me responding, I don't know a better way to put it sorry. v:shobon:v

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

flatluigi posted:

He posted about me like thirty times in the AGDQ livethread without me responding, I don't know a better way to put it sorry. v:shobon:v

You're responding a lot now, just put him on ignore if you're not gonna sweep him into a passionate kiss

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

I'd argue that jokes should be funny but I know that's a fresh and strange concept for you

I wish you'd at least try to make one

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AnonSpore posted:

You're responding a lot now, just put him on ignore if you're not gonna sweep him into a passionate kiss

I make a cuck joke and he gets super internet mad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol that filter OWNS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im so obsessed with a guy on the internet

edit

im gonna go home in 25 minutes and watch speedruns, i hope thats okay with you all

eonwe fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 3, 2016

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah ignoring's probably the best idea

sorry everyone for the derail!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There is still time for the kiss

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
oh my loving god post speedruns you pair of assmasters

look here I'll start by shilling myself even harder because run finally went up on the ESA channel

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 3, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you post them im too busy watching htem

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

oh my loving god post speedruns you pair of assmasters

look here I'll start by shilling myself even harder because run finally went up on the ESA channel

Yo that run is insane, I had no idea that Freedom Planet required fighting games inputs :psyduck: And the game flows so nicely when you run it fast like that, it's great.

If you guys haven't, you should check out the Harry Potter run from that channel, it's really a techincal game with a lot of little skips everywhere so something is happening all the time and the guys running it do a good job of explaining it.
FLIPENDO

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Eonwe you bring life to this thread, your posts are funny and good

In other news I did a speedrun of Diablo 3 but couldn't crack 1 hour for the season objective

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Kikas posted:

Yo that run is insane, I had no idea that Freedom Planet required fighting games inputs :psyduck: And the game flows so nicely when you run it fast like that, it's great.

If you guys haven't, you should check out the Harry Potter run from that channel, it's really a techincal game with a lot of little skips everywhere so something is happening all the time and the guys running it do a good job of explaining it.
FLIPENDO

It doesn't require fighting game inputs as such, a shoryuken is performed by simply holding up and pushing attack, I'm not actually doing a DP motion for those. I call it a shoryuken because it is a literal shoryuken, but I guess my stupid terminology might be confusing the commentary. Divekicks are done similarly by holding down and pushing attack while airbrone. Ground cyclones are the same but on the ground. Air cyclones are done by pushing jump twice, but gain completely different movement properties depending on which direction you're holding, the most important of which is what I call the Down Cyclone because its done by holding down (I'm great at names) which has the unique property of not actually killing any of your horizontal speed but resetting your falling speed which means it makes a lot of gaps barely possible to take without losing speed. Kicks are kicks, but they can be done faster the faster you move, which is a property of kicks never actually stated anywhere but it basically equates to "if you are going fast you become a buzzsaw of death" which keeps speed a core element of the game even when you're taking your time to fight things, you'll fight better if you're moving fast!

No motions as such, but you can string these moves together and more to produce neat looking combos! It flows very much like a fighting, in a way.

also yes I second the harry potter run being good, those games are extremely underrated and it was good that they got a little time in the limelight.
INCENDIO

e; also my main man Fladervy pulled this wacky poo poo off like minutes ago

he got sub-32 a while ago and is still pursuing sub-31:30 because he wants to extremely thoroughly murder the category before moving on. Dude's been running this character for a year and is dumb good at it like boy howdy

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 3, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mp5 posted:

Eonwe you bring life to this thread, your posts are funny and good

In other news I did a speedrun of Diablo 3 but couldn't crack 1 hour for the season objective

thank you! in semi-diablo related news, ive been playing marvel heroes while watching speedruns and its good

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Eonwe posted:

thank you! in semi-diablo related news, ive been playing marvel heroes while watching speedruns and its good

you should whale out and speedrun a char to yellow 60

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im working on deadpool now, level 55

im leaving for vegas tomorrow night so i probably won't have a 60 until sunday

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it takes for god drat ever to level up the crafter guys tho

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Eonwe posted:

it takes for god drat ever to level up the crafter guys tho

You just gotta get the random event stuff. You just donate that stuff and its super quick

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good idea, thx

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Eonwe posted:

good idea, thx

np, ask in the SG and they are all super helpful except when they lie to you!!!!!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cosmic today, it's just like a speedrun except in reverse, it makes you go slower

Since we derailed enough already someone recommend some good Pre-ESA runs because I basically only got to see like three of em

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i liked glover, f zero gx, and mario kart 64 but yeah i didn't see much of it either

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've had a Watch Later playlist going on YouTube for the last month with the highest recommended agdq runs and now half the list is [Private Video] and I can't remember what they were :(

Eonwe posted:

im leaving for vegas tomorrow night so i probably won't have a 60 until sunday
I thought you were committed to speedrunning and committed to this thread and you admit to this quitter bullshit??

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just saw a 0.5x A press meme in a random twitter conversion about Bernie Sanders & Hillary Clinton.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

I've had a Watch Later playlist going on YouTube for the last month with the highest recommended agdq runs and now half the list is [Private Video] and I can't remember what they were :(

I thought you were committed to speedrunning and committed to this thread and you admit to this quitter bullshit??

im a god drat quitter

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

beep by grandpa posted:

I started doing this so people wouldn't watch the old videos on accident but that's a problem I hadn't considered. I'll put them back to unlisted when I get a chance so they should at least show up in watch later. I don't have an easy way of setting up redirects without doing it manually or I'd just do that.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Kikas posted:

FLIPENDO

Don't suppose you've got a link handy? I've been scrolling through the video list for a bit but haven't run across it yet.

Edit: NVM, missed it. Here's a handy link for anyone else: Click!

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 3, 2016

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

UraniumAnchor posted:

I started doing this so people wouldn't watch the old videos on accident but that's a problem I hadn't considered. I'll put them back to unlisted when I get a chance so they should at least show up in watch later. I don't have an easy way of setting up redirects without doing it manually or I'd just do that.

You're the fuckin man.

Here's a consideration, put up a gigantic obnoxious full screen annotation which points to the updated sound version and maybe like a date you're going to take them down.

I'm a spergy gently caress about organization so it would pain me for you to have loose, duplicate videos saturating your videos list. Plus if each vid pointed to the new vid via an annotation or description it'd take no time for me to redo my list. Maybe change the titles of the old versions to begin with something like [FIXED SOUND IN DESCRIPTION] but much shorter. Thanks for looking out dude!

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

beep by grandpa posted:

Here's a consideration, put up a gigantic obnoxious full screen annotation which points to the updated sound version and maybe like a date you're going to take them down.

Unfortunately this is exactly what I mean in terms of manual labor. We don't currently have an automated way of tracking the rough uploads in regards to the run they go with (though it's something I'd love to figure out) and even if we did there's no way to add annotations via the api unless I'm missing something in the documentation.

The script that does the rough uploads is incredibly simple, all it does is check to see if it thinks a video has already been uploaded and if it hasn't, dump it onto the channel unlisted with absolutely no info other than some preset tags and the autoincrementing filename. Somebody has to go through later and add titles and descriptions.

There's currently 150 videos in the rough playlist and I wouldn't ask anybody to have to go through those one by one and add something to each. If I could do it automatically I'd do it in a heartbeat, though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill do it

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

UraniumAnchor, I'd consider adding "AGDQ" to the tags or titles if they aren't already. When I look for a run I usually search "AGDQ 2016 Super Mario" and the official ones don't show up, I have to type out "Awesome Games Done Quick" I'm probably not the only one searching this way.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

eSporks posted:

UraniumAnchor, I'd consider adding "AGDQ" to the tags or titles if they aren't already. When I look for a run I usually search "AGDQ 2016 Super Mario" and the official ones don't show up, I have to type out "Awesome Games Done Quick" I'm probably not the only one searching this way.

The list of tags is pretty extensive and that's definitely on there. Not sure why it's not getting picked up.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
You have to tune your meta tags to increase your SEO and fit your natural personal brand presence. Remember, content is key.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

UraniumAnchor posted:

The list of tags is pretty extensive and that's definitely on there. Not sure why it's not getting picked up.

Weird, I have always searched that way in past years and the official ones have been at the top of list. This year I can't find them anywhere in the results. I wonder if youtube changed the search algorithm up, all the un-official ones I am seeing have "AGDQ" in the title not just tags.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

So, the 12 Hour Speedrun Challenge rolled around again recently, and being the massive twat I am I signed on to do two games instead of the usual one.

Completed my first game's challenge, Ed, Edd n Eddy: The MisEdventures with a reasonably good 27:33 earlier today.

gonna do Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (Ventus Critical Level 1) tomorrow because I really like Birth By Sleep.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

is there a site that has all the streams of that up because i'd never even heard of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

baram. posted:

is there a site that has all the streams of that up because i'd never even heard of it

SpeedRunsLive's front page has a 12 Hour Challenge filter button on it.

• Locked thread