Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Some real Varsuvius.txt here and it's great. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bloodly posted:

May I ask what game this is from? I can't tell by looking.

It's from this article. http://www.pcgamer.com/pillars-of-eternity-diary-playing-as-a-party-of-bears/

quote:

There are two soldiers guarding the fort's drawbridge. Being as nonchalant as six bears can be, I head toward them. Then past them. They don't even blink. They don't even do anything. The sight of bears walking briskly toward them in formation? Eh, whatever. None of our business! We're bridge guards, not bear bouncers.
One briefly looks down as if a bear maybe stepped on his foot, but that's it. They are GREAT GUARDS.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 1, 2016

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Poison Mushroom posted:

I tried to replay KOTOR recently.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. :smith:

I replayed KOTOR less than a year ago and still thoroughly enjoyed it. :colbert:

So I don't think this was part of Durkon's plan, but does V coming to the template and seeing all the guards mysteriously dead actually help any? There's still a barrier, can they even get in to the main hall to do anything?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hopefully v can help Belkar with that Half Giant he appeared to be facing off against.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

greatn posted:

Hopefully v can help Belkar with that Half Giant he appeared to be facing off against.

It was a Goliath, not a half-giant.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Have you met it's parents? Maybe it's half giant and half goliath

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Bear Wicht Project.

:master:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

W.T. Fits posted:

Couldn't remember the word, but aren't Goliaths just a rebrand for half giants? So much so they literally replaced half giants with Goliaths in 4e darksun?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

blizzardvizard posted:

Aww V, you DO care. :3:

For a limited and purely empirical version of care, sure.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Varsuvius is committed to meeting all mandated levels of concern and care as prescribed in this modern spellcasting environment.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
V does genuinely care. V also is a huge :spergin: who feels the compelling need to also give a rational explanation.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Raenir Salazar posted:

V does genuinely care. V also is a huge :spergin: who feels the compelling need to also give a rational explanation.

Yup. V owns. I love this comic, I like and care about the whole Order and friends after this decade of character development

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Couldn't remember the word, but aren't Goliaths just a rebrand for half giants? So much so they literally replaced half giants with Goliaths in 4e darksun?

I think Goliaths are to Giants as Aasimar and Tieflings are to their parents. They have giant blood, but aren't half-giant.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

rotinaj posted:

I think Goliaths are to Giants as Aasimar and Tieflings are to their parents. They have giant blood, but aren't half-giant.

how do they fit giant blood into their only slightly larger than human veins?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Rygar201 posted:

Yup. V owns. I love this comic, I like and care about the whole Order and friends after this decade of character development

Same.

KOTOR 2 is still great and if you haven't played it with the restoration mod yet you absolutely should.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mcswizzle posted:

how do they fit giant blood into their only slightly larger than human veins?

Pictured: a Goliath

I'd say that'd do it.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

So they put the giant blood in pouches or? :shrug:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Robviously posted:

So they put the giant blood in pouches or? :shrug:

Yes.

Also the giant bulging veins.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

New one!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I thought Roy didn't really remember the afterlife, or was I misremembering?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Give me a refresher, wasn't the Protection from Daylight spell in the staff or did vampireDurkon manage to research it?

Probably doesn't really matter since they're going to see the Dwarves, but y'know.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

My Lovely Horse posted:

Give me a refresher, wasn't the Protection from Daylight spell in the staff or did vampireDurkon manage to research it?

Probably doesn't really matter since they're going to see the Dwarves, but y'know.

I don't know how much spell research he completed, but it was definitely also on the staff, which is why Nale tossed it over a dune before killing Malack.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I thought Roy didn't really remember the afterlife, or was I misremembering?

http://twitter.com/RichBurlew/status/696763473393381376

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"I just guessed the single most frustrating way to rules lawyer it" is basically half of tabletop gaming refined to a single statement.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

RandallODim posted:

"I just guessed the single most frustrating way to rules lawyer it" is basically half of tabletop gaming refined to a single statement.

And all of oots re; cliffhangers

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I should have known Rich would be two steps ahead.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

My Lovely Horse posted:

He'd "almost finished" researching it at the start of the arc. Seeing as he burned all the charges to hasten vampires and then ditched it, I think it's fair to assume. I doubt all the new vampires are protected, though...

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Since the structure the moot is in is temporary and all of the people who made it just got dusted or hosed off, will it revert to nature itself, thus thrusting the new high priest into the sunlight?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It's only temporary in that it was to be reverted back to a natural mountaintop by the dudes tomorrow. Unless someone does something, it'll stand as long as the mountain itself.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Roy broke the order of that stick!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Couldn't what's-her-face argue that throwing the sticks in her face constitutes an assault on her?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Couldn't what's-her-face argue that throwing the sticks in her face constitutes an assault on her?

Anybody can argue anything, but she'd be unlikely to be successful in getting anyone not predisposed to side with her to buy it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Sir Kodiak posted:

Anybody can argue anything, but she'd be unlikely to be successful in getting anyone not predisposed to side with her to buy it.

Yeah almost everyone there hate vampires and is only following rules. And Roy clearly stated he would gain nothing throwing away his life. I would highly doubt anyone would believe Roy did that in an attempt to hurt her physically.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Shwqa posted:

Yeah almost everyone there hate vampires and is only following rules. And Roy clearly stated he would gain nothing throwing away his life. I would highly doubt anyone would believe Roy did that in an attempt to hurt her physically.

Don't vampires have regeneration as well? Lightly throwing a stick at someone who heals from bruises almost faster than you can bruise them isn't really assault. Especially if they have armor on. Even saying "He was trying to stake me" wouldn't hold up, as again, lightly tossing something at someone in armor isn't likely to do anything to them.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

seaborgium posted:

Don't vampires have regeneration as well? Lightly throwing a stick at someone who heals from bruises almost faster than you can bruise them isn't really assault. Especially if they have armor on. Even saying "He was trying to stake me" wouldn't hold up, as again, lightly tossing something at someone in armor isn't likely to do anything to them.

So a worse writer would say he got a critical and gibbed her for pointless drama?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

xanthan posted:

So a worse writer would say he got a critical and gibbed her for pointless drama?

Unless you're playing that insane variant where two threats followed by a third hit instantly kills the target, there's not a critical hit multiplier in the world high enough to turn "half assed toss" into "kills armoured vampire", and if there was it wouldn't be on a broken staff.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Johnny Aztec posted:

It's only temporary in that it was to be reverted back to a natural mountaintop by the dudes tomorrow. Unless someone does something, it'll stand as long as the mountain itself.

We don't know what kind of spell was used to make it. It could be transmutation with a duration of instant as you're implying or it could just straight up have a duration.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ikanreed posted:

We don't know what kind of spell was used to make it. It could be transmutation with a duration of instant as you're implying or it could just straight up have a duration.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0995.html
First Panel he says "We will return it to it's natural state." Not "It will return". Plus the talk of "wresting it from the stone" and his talk of spell slots.
The temple was carved, via magic, from the stone. It was crafted like you'd carve a statue. Seeing as all the earth worshippers are now Vampires or Thralls, that temple isn't going anywhere.

...Unless some wizard 'splodes it

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
or someone makes a really good Knowledge: Architecture roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shwqa posted:

It could've been a funny accidental Critical hit!