Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Nalesh posted:

Oh one last question, are the special edition things cosmetic? If not, is it worth grabbing?

Entirely cosmetic. If you have more money than sense and like hats, go for it. Otherwise, nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nalesh posted:

How would you rate the last stand mode? As someone who has way too many hours into the dawn of war 2 one.

This game will never be on the epic scale of last stand from Dawn of War: Retribution. For one, that game was a strategy game and this is a left for dead fps.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Well the one in spacemarine was fun too

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
This is one of those times I really hate having a old laptop, cause I really want to play this game, and I have no idea if the console release is even going to happen since I haven't even seen anything besides a nebulous Q1 release date

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

drrockso20 posted:

This is one of those times I really hate having a old laptop, cause I really want to play this game, and I have no idea if the console release is even going to happen since I haven't even seen anything besides a nebulous Q1 release date

I heard if you are a console player you are forced to play as the Elf whenever you're playing with PC players.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kitchner posted:

I heard if you are a console player you are forced to play as the Elf whenever you're playing with PC players.

My uncle works at Nintendo, can confirm. Oh yeah and it'll be a Wii-U exclusive, also. The gamepad is reserved for yelling insults.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tap left on the touchpad to call your teammates lumberfoots. Tap right to call them mayflies.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 3, 2016

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Mordja posted:

The gamepad is reserved for yelling insults.

In true Games Workshop spirit, it should be used for yelling the names of your weapons' traits in order to be able to use them. :colbert:

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
If you pretend to ride an imaginary horse, you can move faster in the game

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

I've been trying to finish up the game on Cataclysm and it doesn't really seem to matter what level you are on: Gas rats end runs.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Hahahaha. I died on the last section of horn of magnus and lost us a grim but i still was the only person to roll 7s. And I got a sword and dagger out of it!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Jesus you people weren't kidding about pubs, just had a group that didn't understand that there were chests in this game.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i play only as the elf and yes i would pay another $25 usd for a chat wheel like in l4d that was just lumberfoot and mayfly alternating.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
i wish i could hate you to death

i dont hate you at all id play nothing but elf if i could do that

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I hope this sale brings in more people. I can join Nightmare lobbies and do fine but if I start one I'm guaranteed to get people who couldn't hang at Hard every time. It's obnoxious to try to help a friend clear Nightmare only to have your b squad faceplant every goddamn time.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
maybe if you micromanaged their play a little more it'd work out! Give it a try. Perhaps instead of just enforcing your whims upon healing items, you could contrive to force whoever has a handgun to get your approval prior to every shot.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I require my teammates to ask me for approval before saying or thinking anything about the elf.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Nanomashoes posted:

I require my teammates to ask me for approval before saying or thinking anything about the elf.

thankfully you always approve anything which speaks ill of the elf, so it's not a problem

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Sacrifice the knife-ear for more loot.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Psion posted:

maybe if you micromanaged their play a little more it'd work out! Give it a try. Perhaps instead of just enforcing your whims upon healing items, you could contrive to force whoever has a handgun to get your approval prior to every shot.

Am I getting sniped at over stuff I said I wish I could do and haven't done? To complete strangers? Like a week ago? Christ, did I piss in Kevin Bacon's Cheerios or something?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Am I getting sniped at over stuff I said I wish I could do and haven't done? To complete strangers? Like a week ago? Christ, did I piss in Kevin Bacon's Cheerios or something?

You've offended the Pro Kerillian Bloc. Now the earth must be cleansed of you.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Thanks to basically soloing two rat ogres with a Beam staff + strength potion, I hit a new personal best on damage dealt: 4870. I'm fairly happy with myself.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a way to increase the size of the reticle? It's a tiny rear end dot and I'm not going to fry my eyes by pinning my face against the screen so I can line up head shots.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I'm thinking of picking this up since it's on sale and its been on my wishlist for a while, but before I did I was curious if there were any goons who still played this who wouldn't mind playing with someone completely new to the game, since I've heard varying things about the games player count.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Patch observations

-The new options at the shrine are awesome and I had no problem throwing 55 orange ore at it to get master crafted on my handguns. Oh and now my brace of pistols has targeteer and 90% chance to penetrate. COOL

-Gas rats throw repeat shots way too fast now. Making them throw sooner is a pretty fair buff since earlier they were in a weird spot where they would almost always never get a shot off but would super rarely become a hero and land a globe right in your holdout spot to ruin you, but now they will throw at about twice the speed it takes for the previous one to fade away.

This thing had spawned and hit us before the level even started. The intro to morr gets hot really fast for some reason, we regularly get hordes and specials before we're even to the first item.

-The shield speed bug was not actually fixed

-It's weird and wonderful hearing the second half of the repeater rifle shots I never knew existed.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Digirat posted:

This thing had spawned and hit us before the level even started. The intro to morr gets hot really fast for some reason, we regularly get hordes and specials before we're even to the first item.

The other day, I got hooked before the game started in Morr.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ I had this happen as well. That intro is a nightmare how, before you even get underground you're getting swarmed

The Jumpoff posted:

I'm thinking of picking this up since it's on sale and its been on my wishlist for a while, but before I did I was curious if there were any goons who still played this who wouldn't mind playing with someone completely new to the game, since I've heard varying things about the games player count.

Sure man it's fun being a superhero on normal/easy while people learn the ropes. I might be around this weekend. Pounds Spergling on steam

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I am still getting issues where I will push somebody, but I end up pushing twice and wasting stamina rather than attacking.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
just picked this up to play with some friends. i regret not buying this earlier.

had to get rid of the head bob/motion blur though.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Finished my first mission, and I liked the gameplay, sort of. I wish the weapons had a tiny bit more impact.

And then the game gave me the exact weapon I was using for my random end of match loot. I even picked up a loot die (not sure if that impacts anything).

At least I can get a refund now.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Digirat posted:

-The shield speed bug was not actually fixed

It totally is and I was enjoying it immensely.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The Jumpoff posted:

Finished my first mission, and I liked the gameplay, sort of. I wish the weapons had a tiny bit more impact.

And then the game gave me the exact weapon I was using for my random end of match loot. I even picked up a loot die (not sure if that impacts anything).

Getting the exact weapon you're using is pretty useful for fusing them into bigger and better versions of that weapon.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

The Jumpoff posted:

your gonna get so many items if you play alot that this will not be the issue you think it is

the whole point is to make better poo poo with the scraps and duplicates that you get and its easier than u think.

oh also the loot die aren't much better than regular dice. tomes and grimoires give you the good dice chances.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Anyone down to play today? (Saturday the 6th of febuary) I'll be on for most of the day.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Is this game good yet? It was pretty bad the last time i gave it a shot. Which was right around its release.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Anyone down to play today? (Saturday the 6th of febuary) I'll be on for most of the day.

I'm pmuch always up for playing

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

grimcreaper posted:

Is this game good yet? It was pretty bad the last time i gave it a shot. Which was right around its release.

The gameplay didn't change.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lunethex posted:

It totally is and I was enjoying it immensely.

Two times when a speed potion triggered, my sword and shield's charge attacks just started whiffing through most of the enemies like before the patch. Not every swing but most of them for some reason.

The Jumpoff posted:

I will never understand why people take individual loot drops so goddamn seriously in this game.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

grimcreaper posted:

It's less buggy and the Shrine makes the loot grind much more enjoyable but if you didn't like killing rats before, I doubt you will now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I liked killing rats but the gameplay felt kinda janky at launch. often times, if things werent in the exact perfect spot your hits didnt actually do anything and was very frustrating.

Do a big ole 2handed hammer swing and somehow the only rat that it connects with is the one on the far left while the ones directly in front of you, currently stabbing you, just keep stabbing and not getting hammered.

• Locked thread