Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

JethroMcB posted:

It made me wonder, does HDTGM really need to advertise? I thought it was one of Earwolf's most popular shows.

Coke advertises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I know it's 2016 and comedy is supposed to be inclusive but I'm going to be honest, unlike the rest of you: I don't think Swamp Things can be funny.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cloks posted:

I know it's 2016 and comedy is supposed to be inclusive but I'm going to be honest, unlike the rest of you: I don't think Swamp Things can be funny.

What is your opinion of Moss Men?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mennoknight posted:

Coke advertises.

coke is just making sure everyone associates happiness and the colour red with coke

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Terror Sweat posted:

coke is just making sure everyone associates happiness and the colour red with coke

I mean, isn't that basically what marketing is all about?

I mean, Moxie soda used to be one of the most popular drinks in the US, to the point that the word "moxie" was added to the American English language. And they got so big that they figured they didn't have to advertise anymore. Coke an Pepsi started advertising more aggressively in response, and now look at them. You can basically only get Moxie in 3 or 4 states these days, and only barely at that.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Sometimes I think about Neil cambell's character that's a teen only its him doing an impression of a teen who made fun of him and feels remorse and I laugh out loud

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Sometimes I think about Neil cambell's character that's a teen only its him doing an impression of a teen who made fun of him and feels remorse and I laugh out loud

Rick Faber is one of my favorites, too. Like most of Neil Campbell's characters, it seems so dumb on the surface and just gets more and more profoundly funny as it goes on. I love when he and his friends make fun of Neil for wearing Rollerblades, and he had an "awesome comeback" about how "Rollerblades" is a specific brand, and what he was wearing were inline skates. Or when he and his friends make fun of Neil at a Dodgers' game, and Scott sounds a little jealous that he wasn't invited to the baseball game with Neil. So Neil, as Rick Faber, explains to Scott that he was probably sick, which is why he wasn't invited.

One of my favorite Rick Faber moments is when he tries to make some tasteless comment about putting his dick in a girl, but he can't decide whether to say "dong" or "wang", so he says, "dang".

Neil Campbell is very funny.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

One of my favorite Rick Faber moments is when he tries to make some tasteless comment about putting his dick in a girl, but he can't decide whether to say "dong" or "wang", so he says, "dang".

This is one of the things I thought of that made me laugh out loud while standing outside by myself. "their dang dick!"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Seaniqua posted:

Rick Faber is one of my favorites, too. Like most of Neil Campbell's characters, it seems so dumb on the surface and just gets more and more profoundly funny as it goes on. I love when he and his friends make fun of Neil for wearing Rollerblades, and he had an "awesome comeback" about how "Rollerblades" is a specific brand, and what he was wearing were inline skates. Or when he and his friends make fun of Neil at a Dodgers' game, and Scott sounds a little jealous that he wasn't invited to the baseball game with Neil. So Neil, as Rick Faber, explains to Scott that he was probably sick, which is why he wasn't invited.

Neil Campbell is very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oOwQ4GZncQ

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Waiting patiently for "Musical; Theater".

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
So what's the cool digs, what's the best sclusies I've been missing? I was excited to check out Lauren Lapkis' show, but it looks like it's about psychics and I don't have none of that.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Khanstant posted:

So what's the cool digs, what's the best sclusies I've been missing? I was excited to check out Lauren Lapkis' show, but it looks like it's about psychics and I don't have none of that.

Wild Horses, Superego Forgotten Classics. That's probably it.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

xbilkis posted:

I don't know where to post this, but the Oh, Hello duo was inexplicably on The Bachelor post-show tonight (with Paul F. Tompkins and Paget Brewster, no less). Highlights include Mulaney calling the majority of the cast "white devils" and Kroll proposing to the crazy alcoholic villain with a Werther's Original, which inspired the hashtag #Gilace911

They show up at about the 25 minute mark, Paul and Paget don't do enough to carry enough it beforehand.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

WoG posted:

Wild Horses, Superego Forgotten Classics. That's probably it.

I thought The Complete Woman felt like a Superego-lite, it was pretty enjoyable. Though, not enjoyable enough that I finished it.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
The audio levels on the last two episodes have been fuuuucked. Does it get better on this week's eventually?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am a literally an audio engineer. Kinda. I can't say I've noticed much about the levels, ever. Ok, yeah when they moved studios I sorta hear the difference in acoustics but honestly could never say it ever mattered. Maybe I have some weird iTunes setting on?

VVV I trust you and I need to relisten for my own edification. I can't say I've never not heard enough Gabrus.

Edit 2. I like Gabrus.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 1, 2016

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I may be the crazy one but last week I couldn't hear Gabrus at all and this time I can't hear Samantha Bee.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have 'sound check' on. Maybe that helps?

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 1, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Last week's ep had something messed up with it, at certain points music would randomly turn on very faintly (intro song, plug bag song). I haven't had a problem with this ep but it was pretty noticeable last week.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

detectivemonkey posted:

I may be the crazy one but last week I couldn't hear Gabrus at all and this time I can't hear Samantha Bee.

I heard everyone fine on the intern ep. Haven't listened to this week's yet

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Everything is fine for all the eps, your headphones might be bust.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Last week's ep had something messed up with it, at certain points music would randomly turn on very faintly (intro song, plug bag song). I haven't had a problem with this ep but it was pretty noticeable last week.

Yeah, every time a track finished playing it would play again a few seconds later. I can't believe Scott didn't bust whichever engineer was manning the boards for that, because I assume he had to hear it in the mix as it was happening.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I think that was on the recording not in the studio and I think it wasn't just songs, but earlier parts of the episode - I thought I could hear faint talking for a while after one of the songs ended

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phoon posted:

I think that was on the recording not in the studio and I think it wasn't just songs, but earlier parts of the episode - I thought I could hear faint talking for a while after one of the songs ended

I suppose they could be having issues with routing on the new board they have. What's likely happening is that the engineer has some inputs on the board that only he can hear to cue up songs and whatever else might be needed to play. Scott and all don't hear it because they probably get a separate headphone mix. Whatever the engineer is setting up is leaking into the final stereo mix. Just guessing. I think I missed the episode where it happened.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I have to wonder where he keeps finding teenagers who would harass an adult, though.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Beeez posted:

I have to wonder where he keeps finding teenagers who would harass an adult, though.

Spoiler: he probably makes most of it up

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I declare this cream to be QUITE delicious!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm a big fan of everything Neil and Paul Rust do.

Bulbous bread bowl, babe!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm not familiar with Gilbert Gottfried's stand-up, is he usually this grossly dirty? The pedophilia jokes are a little much for me but mostly because he's making them from the position of the pedophile.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He also dives straight into the Cosby thing with no reservations, GIlbert Gottfried does not give a gently caress.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I dunno, you tell me

http://youtu.be/tw10xa_xtNg

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's not that kind of podcast.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Cloks posted:

I'm not familiar with Gilbert Gottfried's stand-up, is he usually this grossly dirty? The pedophilia jokes are a little much for me but mostly because he's making them from the position of the pedophile.

Yeah he does abrasive jokes with an abrasive voice. That's his "thing"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's a good ep so far. He's enjoying the other guests a little too much but laughter is a good thing. And this is a pretty convincing Trump.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

It's a good ep so far. He's enjoying the other guests a little too much but laughter is a good thing. And this is a pretty convincing Trump.

Yeah, Atamanuik's Trump is fantastic. And I've heard Gottfried laugh this much on every other podcast I've ever heard him on, he seems like a guy who just genuinely loving LOVES comedy.

EDIT: So is Adomian, who's cackling in the background throughout Gottfried's segment.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 4, 2016

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Cloks posted:

Nah he's usually a Brian Regan kind of comic. Very family friendly.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/gilbert-gottfried-on-his-911-joke-too-soon.html

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I saw the Trump/Sanders debate Tuesday, and it was amazing. Go if you can.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Nah he's usually a Brian Regan kind of comic. Very family friendly.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/gilbert-gottfried-on-his-911-joke-too-soon.html

I like how Scott made a 9/11 joke too.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I finally gave Howl's free trial a go, and been listening through the back catalog of old CBB live episodes. The San Fransisco ep from 2013 with Benson and PFT as Herzog is just plain amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Haha immediately a cum on the face joke. This is going to be a good one.