Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Fargin Icehole posted:

You also did approach the subject of the emails like INN did, which was basically "Lie? Who knows."

I posted it earlier, I guess people thought I don't believe Beer. Unless I missed part of what he posted, at the end of the day it's still screenshots of text.

Comes down to believing Beer. Which rational human beings would place their money on. However, it'd also be quite irrational to discount how easily you can type things up and take screenshots.

Directly saying "he's GOTTA be lying, OF COURSE he's lying" is a sack of poo poo move. I highly doubt that vitriol belongs to anyone besides Sandi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
buy my ships i want to be chris

http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Fuzzy+Modem

also check out my movie (almost ready sorry for delays)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Naval Action is awesome and you should play it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321410 — let your inner naval grognard out. :getin:

Xelkelvos posted:

gently caress, someone buy Fuzzy Modem a copy of Elite: Dangerous or some other, other, but probably better space flight game. Hell, Kerbal Space Program might blow his mind.

I would, but I'm sure that would count as assisted suicide or something.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tippis posted:

Because it hasn't even left the tech demo stage yet.

Why wouldn't you instead play a fully developed and actually released game with starships in it?

Xcom 2 has starships in it. Sure one is an ant colony and the rest are shot down. Buuuuuut.....then again :xcom:

Corvinus
Aug 21, 2006
Fuzzy Modem, do you care about anything other than space ships?

Like, a mere cursory google reveals that you post about virtually nothing else but space ships. Spaceships space ships spaceship. A fuckton of different forums (the sheer number is a little amazing to me), nothing but spaceship posts.

Where are you on the Autism spectrum exactly?

Corvinus fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 3, 2016

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You "contributed" a lot of time losing their lovely spaceship competition

Granted your time is worthless since you'd just spend it clipping through your cutlass

I had a great time, and got permission to list Chris Roberts as a reference on my resume.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

good, save some poor fucker from hiring you

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Corvinus posted:

Fuzzy Modem, do you care about anything other than space ships?

Like, a mere cursory google reveals that you post about virtually nothing else but space ships. Spaceships space ships spaceship. A fuckton of different forums, nothing but spaceship posts.

Where are you on the Autism spectrum exactly?

I like dragons too, but not as much. Also horses, but less than dragons. Also the Beatles. [edit] Actually just John Lennon.

Oh look! I have a portrait! Rad!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

It's not as if I could have spent the money on anything other than spaceships. Duh. Not the same thing as spending my paycheck. I imagine I would though. I mean, I spent $100 on a mouse with Star Citizen in mind, so I guess I do have some skin in the game. I am a liar. My mistake.

Wait.

So if I'm reading this right:

You got "paid" $750 in Star Citizen credits for your help in making their Next Great Spaceship videos?

You'd have been better off with magic beans, dude.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I had a great time, and got permission to list Chris Roberts as a reference on my resume.

I wonder if, a year or two from now, you will still consider that a good thing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wonder if, a year or two from now, you will still consider that a good thing.

It'll still be in development and he'll still be playing whatever it is that's out, so I'd imagine he would.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Why does fuzzy modem have access to CIG's shotgun stuff anyway. How does that system work?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Naval Action is awesome and you should play it.

Two recommendations and a desire to support the genre are good enough for me to overlook $40 for an early access title and investigate this.

The last time I saw anything attempt something close to this kind of game was Windward, I think it was called anyways. This game looks amazing. The MMO aspect caught me off guard, I'm going to have to do some reading tomorrow.

Thank you both!

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

skaboomizzy posted:

You got "paid" $750 in Star Citizen credits for your help in making their Next Great Spaceship videos?

I take it back, Fuzzy! DON'T save some poor fucker from hiring you... for magic beans

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dusty Lens posted:

I feel like the world would be richer with another game along the vein of Sid Meyer's Pirates. But everyone that has tried has gone off in the wrong direction or tried for something well beyond their means.

Pretty funny that one of the best modern age of sail games was an Assassin's Creed title.

Black Flag was pretty good, mostly due to the naval stuff being more interesting than the main story.

Also there's this game that's due out this year - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kQ5-7snE4

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 3, 2016

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Kramjacks posted:

Why does fuzzy modem have access to CIG's shotgun stuff anyway. How does that system work?

At CIG, verbal fellatio is the only real currency

e: "brand fellatio"

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

skaboomizzy posted:

Wait.

So if I'm reading this right:

I know a person who was paid for a service rendered with a ship and the option to purchase an Idris-M.

Given a ship and the option to buy a $1000 pledge. That was the high five.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kramjacks posted:

Because a few years ago he participated in a ship design contest and apparently CIG doesn't have a problem leaving that level of access wide open to people who have no need for it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ramadu posted:

Xcom 2 has starships in it. Sure one is an ant colony and the rest are shot down. Buuuuuut.....then again :xcom:

Tbh, if I wanted space ants, I'd just play more FTL. But I'm one of those insane weirdos who never really liked xcom. :ohdear:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

Two recommendations and a desire to support the genre are good enough for me to overlook $40 for an early access title and investigate this.

The last time I saw anything attempt something close to this kind of game was Windward, I think it was called anyways. This game looks amazing. The MMO aspect caught me off guard, I'm going to have to do some reading tomorrow.

Thank you both!

This is the Naval Action SA thread. We play on EU PVP 1 as Pirates. If you get it, let me know and I will get you into GAY.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Because a few years ago he participated in a ship design contest and apparently CIG doesn't have a problem leaving that level of access wide open to people who have no need for it.

Maybe they value my feedback :p

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Black Flag was pretty good, mostly due to the naval stuff being more interesting than the mains story.

Also there's this game that's due out this year - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kQ5-7snE4

I have been loosely following this game. It looks interesting but I'm not entirely certain what the end of product is going to look like. It's resting somewhere between hilarious fun, terrible flop and something on the level of GoI on whatever party drugs the kids are taking these days.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Fuzzy Modem posted:

LOL

Alright Shotgun man, what development ace is hidden up CIG's wizard sleeve? Since you know what stage of Game Development they're at, why don't you enlighten us as to how they're going to melt our faces with the BDSSE as soon as that German guy's wrists are unbroken, and as soon as they sort out some of the kind of prioritization stuff that's causing things to kind of get moved around a little bit (definitely not cancelled, that would be annoying to hear)?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Is your feedback ever anything other than "I love it!"?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Dusty Lens posted:

I know a person who was paid for a service rendered with a ship and the option to purchase an Idris-M.

Given a ship and the option to buy a $1000 pledge. That was the high five.

this was a wink-nudge about the grey market

also a top-level shitheel move

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Also you were literally paid in JPEGs for your design work. Just...just pointing that out.

E: Did your remuneration include LTI?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

This isn't surprising as you come off as a complete sycophant and will tell them anything they do is good, even if it's a hot steaming turd.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

This isn't surprising as you come off as a complete sycophant and will tell them anything they do is good, even if it's a hot steaming turd.

CIGophants, I think we're calling them.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

clearly he's into steaming turds

no kinkshaming

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkogElJCmYQ this is what convinced me to get Naval Action, actually. Not just how good it sounded on paper.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

spacetoaster posted:

I actually really loved the design of this ship, AND the story behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_oSsy9Et-g&t=985s
It's a spaceship holding a shield like medieval fantasy video game paladins. The concept is silly and stupid.

Next will be the AEGIS Mage, with a big wizard's staff wagging around on top that shoots fireball missiles.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tippis posted:

Tbh, if I wanted space ants, I'd just play more FTL. But I'm one of those insane weirdos who never really liked xcom. :ohdear:

That is weird! Too be fair the ant colony thing is how they do your base now. It work's surprisingly well! You should give this one a shot since they basically took all the feedback they got and actually used it to make a better game. Unlike a certain video game we both know about!!!!!!!!

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyTolradi posted:

Kramjacks posted:

Is your feedback ever anything other than "I love it!"?

Quite the opposite. I appreciate meaningful feedback on my own work, and try to offer specifics to others, both the things I wouldn't want to change, and the things that can be improved.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why does CIG need feedback from a guy who has harassed people for asking questions about Star Citizen's design?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Fuzzy Modem posted:

How are people still saying it doesn't exist? I play it all the time. If Star Citizen as it stands now is all it would ever be, I would still play it all the time. Forever. (But then I still play Dig Dug.)

lol as expected, even I would play it. Star Citizen for you as admitted by you is a free to play game.

so whether if it comes out or not, you simply don't care. you don't have a stake in this game, you are just pretending to do so people will give you money to burn into this jpeg scam.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chin posted:

It's a spaceship holding a shield like medieval fantasy video game paladins. The concept is silly and stupid.

Next will be the AEGIS Mage, with a big wizard's staff wagging around on top that shoots fireball missiles.

As spacetoast mentioned, I think it's perfectly appropriate in a game where your enemies ram you with a giant blade.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Behold the Stimperor !

He is due an office visit on Friday

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Quite the opposite. I appreciate meaningful feedback on my own work, and try to offer specifics to others, both the things I wouldn't want to change, and the things that can be improved.

What areas of their work do you give feedback on? I assume the ship modeling, anything else?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ramadu posted:

That is weird! Too be fair the ant colony thing is how they do your base now. It work's surprisingly well! You should give this one a shot since they basically took all the feedback they got and actually used it to make a better game. Unlike a certain video game we both know about!!!!!!!!

I suppose. I think a lot of it has to do with the XComs I did try, and I can't even remember which ones they were since it was so long ago, which were just too random and obtuse, making it a wonderful mix of trial and error and luck-based gameplay. I hear they're better these days (and in earlier days), so maybe it's worth trying again.

…or I'll just stick with the known and (somewhat) contained insanity of JA2. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why does CIG need feedback from a guy who has harassed people for asking questions about Star Citizen's design?
The fact that there's 25 artist roles that CIG cannot fill at https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs is probably why they're getting feedback from random scrubs who'll do design work for jpegs.

• Locked thread