Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Who do I need to pester for an invite to the EU clan on Windrest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
arena tossed like 6 destroyers in a row at me and i lost to all of them, i am still upset about this. im good to get out of spins now, its mostly the fact that i can't root them and slow seems to do diddly, and if they even manage to knock me down once without my escape i get raged on and die, even at 75%+ health

goodbye platinum rating

e: i also lost to a blade dancer but he was really, really good and it was interesting trying to figure out what he did right

whereas destroyer is a chore, every fight

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 2, 2016

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

:stare:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I did that quest last night. It culminates in those two having a feud where you are the instrument of each childs fury. The only thing I could think the entire time is what rational adult would do this nonsense for random children.

Then I remembered, MMO.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Bad Parenting posted:

Who do I need to pester for an invite to the EU clan on Windrest?

As is clearly stated in the OP, you contact me either ingame or on discord. You can also try whispering Gale Tayuun.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I did that quest last night. It culminates in those two having a feud where you are the instrument of each childs fury. The only thing I could think the entire time is what rational adult would do this nonsense for random children.

Then I remembered, MMO.

I'm pretty sure that's the entire joke of the quest.

ps new update is coming in like half an hour with some nice spam blocking fixes

cathead fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 2, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ummm strange I havent gotten a golden daeva suit yet...oh the next 4 rolls give me suits and one accessory but now the other accessory wont drop

quote:

ps new update is coming in like half an hour with some nice spam blocking fixes
Thats actually pretty cool. If it works fine then its really a nice step up to other games.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

Then I remembered, MMO.

They got money, I don't care.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

HapiMerchant posted:

You're never bloody online when I try, and neither is leffe! Maybe i just have bad hours.

lol that sounds horrible

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

lol that sounds horrible

bad hours are a terrible thing. Don't ever contract them

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Auto Spam Slayer...works!

Blackest of sorcery. Log on all the chats I've disabled, just one spammer is there. After a few repeats he disappears without having to report/block him.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Reicere posted:

Going to go ahead and straight up confirm that NPCs use settings that are unavailable in the character creator. I've been working on a npc -> preset exporter and its not just hair styles and other selectables, but the actual sliders are sometimes set beyond the race/gender limits. For example, NPC_GattlingGunGirl has shoulders that are smaller than the minimum.

I figured that was the case; some of the Bamboo Guard folks obviously break the sliders. It's a bummer about that hair, but I suppose I can live with getting close. Hopefully it gets added in later.

(Also, if the NPC Shin Gong in Razorwing Ravine, at the Jaofang Village and Bleachbone Outpost, exports cleanly aside from the hair, I'd love to get my hands on that preset. :) )

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Is the average distance per daily dash spin known?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
2-3, it seems.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Did they open up the 2nd daily dash? I like the Euro costume far more than the NA costume.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Rhymenoserous posted:

Did they open up the 2nd daily dash? I like the Euro costume far more than the NA costume.

Not til the 10th, when new patch hits

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

HapiMerchant posted:

bad hours are a terrible thing. Don't ever contract them

I meant playing with leffe and harioshia

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

I meant playing with leffe and harioshia

No one has answered my whispers so i think i'm getting memed on all the same.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No, it's his uncle who's abusive. The dad is the cool guy from back in Cinderlands who gives the daily quest to murder the Tyrian Cult guys who took over his property and fetch a gourd; in Hogshead he's currently sick because he got hit by the Tyrian Cult's LSD poisons.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Just wondering, for the level 20 survey everyone gets a cinderlands key right? Because I have some friends who didn't get them. Even on reddit some people were saying how they were missing keys or only getting keys on certain characters. I've gotten it on all 3 of my characters so far while another friend had none on all of his. Some people said it might be a premium thing but all of us has it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Nope, never got it. They might've changed the survey rewards at some point without telling anyone, though, and none of my friends (who have been playing since launch) have ever seen a cinderlands key. We DID get a moonwater key at a later survey, however.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Any particular gems to go for? I assume the life leech and +damage on hit gems are ideal for just about everyone, but I wasn't sure about the final slot.
I still have the crappy gems from the first gem boss and I figured I might as well buy some better ones on the marketplace.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Infinity Gaia posted:

Nope, never got it. They might've changed the survey rewards at some point without telling anyone, though, and none of my friends (who have been playing since launch) have ever seen a cinderlands key. We DID get a moonwater key at a later survey, however.

They couldn't have changed it because I just got the key on my assassin like a couple hours ago. My friends did get a moonwater key too but it seems some people are missing theirs.

My KFM gotten it like a week ago but my assassin got it just now.

jaffyjaffy posted:

Any particular gems to go for? I assume the life leech and +damage on hit gems are ideal for just about everyone, but I wasn't sure about the final slot.
I still have the crappy gems from the first gem boss and I figured I might as well buy some better ones on the marketplace.

Diamond with Attack power
Amethyst with life on crit
Ruby with additional damage
Citrine with additional damage against knockdown or stun

These are the ones I heard are good. Diamonds especially because they add more attack power for the cost of 25g+ than breakthroughing your weapon for 100g. Always get a diamond and make sure its attack power not the fake additional attack one.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Why the gently caress is no one selling cinderlands transformation stones in stacks of one for even close to market price? Who needs 37 cinderlands transformation stones?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Why the gently caress is no one selling cinderlands transformation stones in stacks of one for even close to market price? Who needs 37 cinderlands transformation stones?

Because people selling stuff on the market are limited to a certain number of postings per day.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Velveteen posted:

They couldn't have changed it because I just got the key on my assassin like a couple hours ago. My friends did get a moonwater key too but it seems some people are missing theirs.

My KFM gotten it like a week ago but my assassin got it just now.

Diamond with Attack power
Amethyst with life on crit
Ruby with additional damage
Citrine with additional damage against knockdown or stun

These are the ones I heard are good. Diamonds especially because they add more attack power for the cost of 25g+ than breakthroughing your weapon for 100g. Always get a diamond and make sure its attack power not the fake additional attack one.

I meant they might have changed it so you DO get them rather than not. I think I was at that survey like two weeks ago. There's definitely a chance they added those in, they did mention they were increasing the amount of keys and such given out for free.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

I figured that was the case; some of the Bamboo Guard folks obviously break the sliders. It's a bummer about that hair, but I suppose I can live with getting close. Hopefully it gets added in later.

(Also, if the NPC Shin Gong in Razorwing Ravine, at the Jaofang Village and Bleachbone Outpost, exports cleanly aside from the hair, I'd love to get my hands on that preset. :) )

I'll look into it, but it'll take a bit since the internal naming scheme is a complete mess of camelcase romanized korean shorthand that references locations rather than names and I'll have to actually play the game and get to that zone to narrow thing down.

EDIT: a screenshot might make things go faster though

Reicere fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 3, 2016

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Infinity Gaia posted:

I meant they might have changed it so you DO get them rather than not. I think I was at that survey like two weeks ago. There's definitely a chance they added those in, they did mention they were increasing the amount of keys and such given out for free.

that is indeed a aprt of the patch notes from a patch or 2 back. They increased survey rewards to give more keys and charms. maybe they've added moonwaters back in too?

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

Gearhead posted:

Because people selling stuff on the market are limited to a certain number of postings per day.

But some people sell things in a stack way too big for the kind of item they're selling. They might be limited by the 10 slots per day thing as a free player, but until you can select how many from a stack you actually want to buy I'd rather skip them for a much more manageable stack for Radiant Ring crafting, even if it's more expensive on an Each basis.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
https://twitter.com/BNSUnofficial/status/694631917614792704

Looks like branching weapon paths are already in game(the same way warlock stuff is I think. oathbreak is 50 cap i'm pretty sure)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You have beaten me again tonight, Dura. I'm beginning to think there is some special condition you have to meet to get her costume to drop, and I'm not meeting it.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

chumbler posted:

You have beaten me again tonight, Dura. I'm beginning to think there is some special condition you have to meet to get her costume to drop, and I'm not meeting it.

This has probably been asked of you but you are a female gon, correct?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Gearhead posted:

No one will ever buy 37 cinderlands transformation stones. By trying to shove them out like that you're effectively wasting an auction slot. Imagine instead he just sells them in stacks of 3 once per day. In 2 weeks he'll have sold them all at a higher than market price because everyone else is a loving idiot and selling them in stacks of 50 instead of never selling them at all. He also still has 9 more sales he can make that day.

Unless there's a use for them outside of hongmoon breakthroughs, which there could be that I just don't know about.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Maybe he just wants to get them bought by someone else who's going to resell them in smaller stacks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

This has probably been asked of you but you are a female gon, correct?

Yes, though apparently it can drop for any race/gender. Rnjesus is just not favoring me I guess.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

chumbler posted:

Yes, though apparently it can drop for any race/gender. Rnjesus is just not favoring me I guess.

At least each Dura run is fairly fast. I'm grinding for Obsidian Serpent, which takes some time no matter what level you are.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

HapiMerchant posted:

https://twitter.com/BNSUnofficial/status/694631917614792704

Looks like branching weapon paths are already in game(the same way warlock stuff is I think. oathbreak is 50 cap i'm pretty sure)

Did a little checking on this. This combination would bypass the evolution chain that leads us to destroying the Hongmoon weapon to create the Pirate Soul accessory.

Pirate Soul is created as we start Act 4 (and start gaining new levels), by destroying our Hongmoon Weapon and using a weapon given to us by the story quest.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Gearhead posted:

Did a little checking on this. This combination would bypass the evolution chain that leads us to destroying the Hongmoon weapon to create the Pirate Soul accessory.

Pirate Soul is created as we start Act 4 (and start gaining new levels), by destroying our Hongmoon Weapon and using a weapon given to us by the story quest.

As I understood it you ground hongmoon weapon up to pirate, made pirate soul, then used gale? OR you stuck with hongmoon and turned it into gale once you hit true profane anyways and started act 4?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

HapiMerchant posted:

As I understood it you ground hongmoon weapon up to pirate, made pirate soul, then used gale? OR you stuck with hongmoon and turned it into gale once you hit true profane anyways and started act 4?

Looks like the changeover point for us is after the True Siren step, we can either combine the Siren with the Pirate weapons, leading to what will create the Pirate Soul eventually..

...Or combine the Siren series weapon with the Stormbringer to create Oathbreaker, skipping ahead. Stormbringer is a lv 47 weapon.

EDIT: As a note, getting to True Siren is merely a matter of time and pressure. We can get the core weapons to create the Siren quite easily, from there it's just feeding enough resources to the process to complete it. And when Act 4's new area opens we're going to start seeing a high influx of soulstones.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

That is great news as i'm sitting on the storm siren breakthrough on my assassin because gently caress dumping 50 soulstones

• Locked thread