Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Lord I miss those guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

:911::perfect:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Credit goes to that Rick guy in the NTA chat, I guess, I threw it on Soundcloud rather than the shady link Kev gave, also his title was stupid

I'll let you guys know if I find a militia tracker on my rig

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

:vince:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The militia deserve no mercy, play this on loop please FBI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUqKCrOs14

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

can cliven get slapped with legal charges for that stupid letter? im definitely not a lawyer but it looks like he's really trying to incite people to continue occupation of the refuge. it's almost perfectly a "yell fire in a crowded theater" type of situation

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

can cliven get slapped with legal charges for that stupid letter? im definitely not a lawyer but it looks like he's really trying to incite people to continue occupation of the refuge. it's almost perfectly a "yell fire in a crowded theater" type of situation

in my estimation, he's pretty close to a RICO charge if the Feds want to

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Hmmm, good call Viking.
As far as stuff to blast them with, I think the list of charges against them, read by someone who sounds like Gilbert Godfreid, with their own idiot voices slowed down in the background. would keep them unsettled, as far as music goes, Susan Lawley makes extreme "music" compilations, also, Whitehouse, Big Black et al are in this Genre.
On myspace, post Ironically
Wriggle Like A loving Eel

staberind has issued a correction as of 06:08 on Feb 3, 2016

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Poo poo's bumpin'. Up there with the Alex Jones DMT remix.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

these are rednecks, if there's one type of music they can't stand above all else it's anything by "the blacks"
Some funk would probably enrage them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTh8BQ4oVU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIhK9otA0cs

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

FoldOgey posted:

Haven't read all 125(!) pages, but has anyone noted that 'Mal heur' in French means misfortune, or bad luck?

Oregon is riddled with this kind of thing. Boring, Drain, Cape Disappointment, Nimrod, Idiotville, our founders were very straightforward and honest people as far as names go

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

:stare:

this is loving amazing

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Entropic posted:

The frequent references to both the Bureau of Land Management and the Black Lives Matter movement in abbreviated forms make this thread occasionally confusing.

people should call the bureau of land management landman for short, that way my always sunny find and replace can be relevant and I can be a cool poster that everyone loves and respects

militiamen,
aaAAAaaa,
fighter of the landman,
aaAAAaaa,
champion of the gun,
aaAAAaaa,
they're the masters of welfare,
and hatred, for everyone.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I've got relatives (Liberal at that!) just outside of Boring in Eagle Creek. True Patriot town if I've ever heard of one.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Lamer posted:

people should call the bureau of land management landman for short, that way my always sunny find and replace can be relevant and I can be a cool poster that everyone loves and respects

militiamen,
aaAAAaaa,
fighter of the landman,
aaAAAaaa,
champion of the gun,
aaAAAaaa,
they're the masters of welfare,
and hatred, for everyone.

It's beautiful :heritage:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Fry used "Psychobabble", it missed
FBI used "Wait", its Super Effective

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This hasn't been the theme song yet? What the gently caress is wrong with you guys?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Entropic posted:

I'm guessing the locals pronounce "Malheur" to rhyme with "baller", right?
North America is full of French-named stuff that the locals have changed the pronunciation of so badly that you'd never know it was a originally French.
There's a town in Saskatchewan called "Bienfait" ("bien fait" being French for "well done") that the denizens pronounce "bean fate" for some ungodly reason.

Bean fate sounds like a dark ages punishment so a great name for a town. My great grand father was caught poaching on the lord's land and was sentenced to bean fate.

These idiots should be given the bean fate is what I'm saying.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Bad Moon posted:

These idiots should be given the bean fate is what I'm saying.

the sugar free gummy fate is worse :v:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Why is this thread all about some nerdshit stream now

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

whoflungpoop posted:

Gotta do something during the downtime while we lust for patriot death.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

Kids don't cost that much money if you do it on the cheap, but he was probably saving for cars and college for them.

For 50 of them over 10 years? Because, remember, those really weren't his kids.

VikingSkull posted:

or he was using the kids as free labor on his ranch, and he spent the money on guns and self-publishing apocalyptic fan fiction, one or the other

This. I think he and his wife had biological children, who are all grown now. The foster children were all boys taken from mental institutions and drug rehab so they could perform hard labor.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Probably but Cliven has been tied up in legal wrangles for over a decade now and nothing seems to discourage him. Claiming he's their "leader" isn't smart, but no-one's ever accused him of being that.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Darth123123 posted:

Kids don't cost that much money if you do it on the cheap, but he was probably saving for cars and college for them.

No, he received $115,000 in a single year in foster care payments - can't remember whether it was 2013 or 2014 - which means he would have had to have a minimum of 8 foster kids at all times that year. He admitted himself that the ranch barely broke even and the foster care payments were his major source of income. God knows how much he actually got from the government each year when you factor in the farm subsidies.

The agency which placed those kids should be investigated. Alarm bells should ring when someone will only take male children and when they're receiving such a huge amount in payments. Reputable agencies often have limits to how many kids you can have. For troubled kids, it's not unusual to require a family which either has no other kids or only has one other child (which may be their own) because it's expected that trouble kids will need a lot of individual attention. Someone at that agency was providing him with free farm labour at government expense and knowingly so.

Lolie has issued a correction as of 08:55 on Feb 3, 2016

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/oregon_standoff_evangelist_fra.html

Now the FBI is employing TV Evangelists to convince the four to surrender?:confused:

Wonder what is David Fry's religion?

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Awesome.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

crowoutofcontext posted:

Now the FBI is employing TV Evangelists to convince the four to surrender?:confused:

unless i'm failing at reading comrehension, he's not sanctioned by the FBI, he's just inserting himself into the situation

kind of like Jesse Jackson in the Balkans (who surprised me at the time by being successful)

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Are they all dead yet?

Every minute they live is tax dollars going to waste.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

New Sharif in Town posted:

Are they all dead yet?

Every minute they live is tax dollars going to waste.
They will run out of snacks sooner or later. I'm hoping they get fined a shitload of money for illegally cutting of firewood. They probably didn't think of that when they came up with their "We're just camping" defense.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Casimir Radon posted:

They will run out of snacks sooner or later. I'm hoping they get fined a shitload of money for illegally cutting of firewood. They probably didn't think of that when they came up with their "We're just camping" defense.

Pretty sure someone dropped off firewood the night poo poo went down. There were early rumours that they'd had guns and explosives delivered but it turned out to just be a load of firewood. It's got to run out eventually, though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

crowoutofcontext posted:

messianic jew :geno:

He once said he was a messianic jew, anyway. But he also has gone on at length about real israelites and fake israelites, and the fake israelites are communists and have a lot of money and do bad things. So he's probably not actually jewish.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

crowoutofcontext posted:

jedi

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wonder if Fry is his real name? If it is, his family has been up to this poo poo for ages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry_family

quote:

Origins
The name Fry has many spelling variations including Frey, Frye and Frei, all of which probably started out as a designation for someone who was free (i.e., not a serf and not belonging to a lord). The Old English root frig, meaning "free born", is associated with the name. Thus, anyone earning their freedom or who wished to be known for their free-born status, was potentially known by that name. Although the traditional no "e" spelling of Fry is typically associated with any number of British, Fry lines, it is by no means exclusive to those lines (particularly in the United States where genetically distinct Fry lines of British, Swiss, and Germanic origins have been identified).[4] In Britain, the earliest records of this surname appear mainly in the west country. Thomas le Frye, recorded in the Wiltshire rolls of 1273 and the Malmesbury region of North Wiltshire, provides one such example.[5]

The surname Fry is further associated with an inherent nobility of freedom. That is to say, the designation of freedom, as separable from serfdom, gave the individual bearing the name certain rights and privileges. In its earliest forms, depending on the source of the designation (e.g., as an honour won in battle or other service to a King, Lord or Nobleman), the name could also have included land ownership, knighthood, title or other privilege. It could also have been a designation bestowed upon a master craftsman who was "free" to travel to exercise his craft (e.g., in the tradition of a Free Mason who, due to the high demand for his skill, was given free and unmolested passage across borders). Later, those seeking religious and political freedom took the name themselves as an expression of their desire and love for freedom (e.g., the anabaptists who came to the American Colonies) or as a nickname given by others (e.g., as in the case of George Frey, born Eberhard (1732 in Germany)), whose story was recounted in the Pennsylvania church records of Rev. Traugott Frederick Illing [6]

Other names of similar social class include "Franklin", which also survives as a surname, "Freeman", Free, Fries, Freeze, and Froese.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Hahahhahha!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

VikingSkull posted:

in my estimation, he's pretty close to a RICO charge if the Feds want to

There's no reason they can't charge him with the conspiracy charge they've got against his son.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Article about the hold-outs at the refuge has a great line from Fry's Dad -

"He said he came to the refuge from his home outside Cincinnati while his parents were on vacation in Costa Rica. He said they will return home in about a week."

Hahahaha, parents don't even care enough to come home from vacation to get their son out of trouble.

"Arrest him, shoot him... whatever! But we aren't gonna be back until we've had our holiday in the sun!"

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i think theyre probably just glad to have him in jail and out of their hair for something other than child molesting

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Hopefully bender and zoidberg join him shortly

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

whoflungpoop posted:

I don't know, why don't you go re read the thread and let us know how it happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
What was that poo poo being said about John Brown ruining the country?