Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

They're a lovely YouTube content factory that tried to copyright the concept of reaction videos and was sending takedown notices to people who have them on YouTube unless they gave them half of the ad money from it. This backfired horribly and they lost enough subscribers for their sponsors to take notice so they backpedaled with the usual "sorry you were offended" non-apology.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA gently caress them.

My mom recorded me opening Christmas presents and playing video games in 1986. Everyone owes me $5,000 if you ever made an unboxing or let's play video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

see, now, this is a feature twitter needs to incorporate.

not this 10,000 character bullshit, i want faceless randos to know just how hopping mad i am when i tweet.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sleeveless posted:

They're a lovely YouTube content factory that tried to copyright the concept of reaction videos and was sending takedown notices to people who have them on YouTube unless they gave them half of the ad money from it. This backfired horribly and they lost enough subscribers for their sponsors to take notice so they backpedaled with the usual "sorry you were offended" non-apology.

By the way, this is one of the videos they sent a takedown notice to. It didn't stick.

You can also watch this video to get the full picture of just how stupid their idea is.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

SatansBestBuddy posted:

By the way, this is one of the videos they sent a takedown notice to. It didn't stick.

You can also watch this video to get the full picture of just how stupid their idea is.

How loving stupid do you need to be to DMCA Ellen

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

plain blue jacket posted:

How loving stupid do you need to be to DMCA Ellen

I think they just asked their followers to publicly shame her for not crediting them or hiring them to direct the concept of having kids talk about a thing. The various DMCAs came from YouTube's automated system when the Fine Bros still inexplicably thought they could copyright the word "react", a completely different set of idiocy.

Now they're all like-

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ThaGhettoJew posted:

I think they just asked their followers to publicly shame her for not crediting them or hiring them to direct the concept of having kids talk about a thing.

Jesus, just how millennial are those guys? Having kids candidly talk about stuff on camera is as old as cameras.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

ThaGhettoJew posted:

I think they just asked their followers to publicly shame her for not crediting them or hiring them to direct the concept of having kids talk about a thing. The various DMCAs came from YouTube's automated system when the Fine Bros still inexplicably thought they could copyright the word "react", a completely different set of idiocy.

Now they're all like-

poo poo THAT'S A REACT™ION VIDEO GET DOWNS!!!!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Don't watch any of those videos just watch this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRYnOPJiTaA

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Angela Christine posted:

Jesus, just how millennial are those guys? Having kids candidly talk about stuff on camera is as old as cameras.

Oh god, watch it with that stuff in this thread. C-sby did that show too... :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Oh god, watch it with that stuff in this thread. C-sby did that show too... :ohdear:

Wait what is cosby now a voldemort

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Wait what is c-sby now a voldemort

He's Down Jacket's fetish and we don't know what kind of memehorrors awaits the end of his dread countdown. Korgan, take us away!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'When mail cry is lo-by' is an anagram of Cosby's name.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
He who must not be memed.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

He who controls the memes controls the thread.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghhLqu31cQ

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Go gently caress yourself mate.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Thump! posted:

He who controls the memes controls the thread.

the memes extend life, the memes expand consciousness

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Also the Troll Face Guy got his IP lawyers on the dude

look don't tell anyone but i've been selling knockoff memes out of my trunk for years now

like the suprdos are a little lighter in color and the "XDDDDDD" is backwards but nobody cares, people buy that poo poo anyway 'cause it's cheaper than a legit meme and looks the same at first glance

don't tell his lawyers ok

Healbot posted:

Go gently caress yourself mate.

I'm assuming it's the "ALL THE MEMES IN ONE SONG" link again? If so, same.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

this is the worst thing ive ever seen, even just on a musical level.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Like, DDDDDDX? That's terrible!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Wait what is cosby now a voldemort

now you loving done it

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Also the Troll Face Guy got his IP lawyers on the dude

And won the case - the game was pulled off of the eshop like two months after it came out, and the developer was too lazy to just reupload the game without the trollface.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

you nickin' me memes mate? i'll do u a violence u rotter

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Came for the memes, left with a frighten

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I'm assuming it's the "ALL THE MEMES IN ONE SONG" link again? If so, same.

Get yourself this Chrome extension (or the equivalent in your other browser). I don't know how anyone can read SA without it, to be honest.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

Get yourself this Chrome extension (or the equivalent in your other browser). I don't know how anyone can read SA without it, to be honest.

You can just embed videos.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I remember that video getting a positive reaction here at one time

true story

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Data Graham posted:

I remember that video getting a positive reaction here at one time

true story

It was fine until a shill account started posting it every so often and nothing else.

Take a look at his fine e-marketing work in the last thread

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

These are really good posts.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

you nickin' me memes mate? i'll do u a violence u rotter

That was like a million pages ago m8 but I apologize. It just showed up in my tumblr.

edit: also just to offset my karma I'm pretty sure I posted that terrible music video first a long time ago but I can't search so I can't prove it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Posting the meme song is a meme.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Same.

II mean...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Steve Holt! posted:

That was like a million pages ago m8 but I apologize. It just showed up in my tumblr.

edit: also just to offset my karma I'm pretty sure I posted that terrible music video first a long time ago but I can't search so I can't prove it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Nanomashoes posted:

These are really good posts.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012