Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

Hour 14 of Trails in the Sky First Chapter and I'm hanging out at the docks looking for sailors.

Just wait until Joshua starts cross-dressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

He does it twice too.

Just finished FC last night, even though I kind of had the ending spoiled for me I still really enjoyed how it all played out so I'm excited to start SC tonight.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Lucky you. I, like a lot of people, had to wait 4 years to play SC

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

davidHalestorm posted:

Lucky you. I, like a lot of people, had to wait 4 years to play SC

Yeah, I'm actually kind of glad I waited a while to play through FC because that ending would have annoyed me greatly if I knew I had to wait 4 years until the conclusion of that game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ruggington posted:

it really annoys me how he draws female clothing

it just looks bad

Honestly the ladies in DS2 are at least distinctive while half the guys are boring identical designs with boring identical clothing. If he at least went full Nomura and gave them ridiculous outfits too it would be better because at least then everyone would be absurd instead of generic guy in generic hoodie standing next to bootyshorts openshirt and half-a-dress.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly the ladies in DS2 are at least distinctive while half the guys are boring identical designs with boring identical clothing. If he at least went full Nomura and gave them ridiculous outfits too it would be better because at least then everyone would be absurd instead of generic guy in generic hoodie standing next to bootyshorts openshirt and half-a-dress.

Joe is my friend

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Daichi is also my very good pal

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

New Upppers trailer, showing off the pro wrestler dude and some guy I don't give a poo poo about.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Cyber Sleuth, Bandai will update the Japanese version of the game with all the addition included in the western release and also enabling multiplayer between regions

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/battle-a...medium=facebook

EDIT: Uppers still looks really lame.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Speaking of Cyber Sleuth, Bandai will update the Japanese version of the game with all the addition included in the western release and also enabling multiplayer between regions

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/battle-a...medium=facebook

Did you not see the masked wrestler? He's kinda big, hard to miss.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Uppers is the killer app we need

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, generic as hell. It seems Griffon Mask and Stingray remain the kings of masked wrestlers in videogames.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

um what about mask de smith

he headbutted a bulelt once you know

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I disagree, and would really like to play it.

e:
I'd also like very much to play DQ Builders. I hope DQ Heroes sold well enough that they'll consider bringing this to the west.
v v v v v v

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 3, 2016

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Dragon Quest Builders sold well and it topped its sales on the Vita, I'm surprised but that at least gives the old console some shining moment :v

Attack on TItans gets new combat and battle system videos and a new advertisement. Still not sure how I feel about this game and some of the titans in close quarter combat look very goofy.

Toukiden 2 gets a preview and apparently an open world.

I didn't enjoy the first one as much as I liked SS Delta but this still looks pretty good!

I was going to put something about Bullet Girls 2 and clothing destruction and all but I'm not linking it and you probably already know about it if you're interested.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm very bad at it and keep dying in Zone 2 but Crypt of the Necrodancer is a good game you should buy for your Vitas and PS4s

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm very bad at it and keep dying in Zone 2 but Crypt of the Necrodancer is a good game you should buy for your Vitas and PS4s

Is this cross-buy as well? I'd really like to be able to play it on either whenever the mood strikes me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Huh, didn't know that was coming out. The Vita has become something of a portable indie paradise hasn't it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Is this cross-buy as well? I'd really like to be able to play it on either whenever the mood strikes me.

Yep, there's cross save and stuff too which is nice (Nuclear Throne didn't have this for some reason)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ok I ran into Daichi-sans-scarf in digimon you might have a point impatom

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is the Steins;Gate game worth playing if you already watched Steins;Gate? Like doe sit merely retell the story a tell a new one. I'm currently watching the series now and I know I'll finish it before I could ever get teh chance of playing the game. The game caught my attention since it was on HG101's top 200 games of all-time list.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anime adaptations almost always change a few things or leave out some details, so if you really like S;G, it's worth playing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I AM A SUPERSTAR!

Ruggington posted:

ok I ran into Daichi-sans-scarf in digimon you might have a point impatom

Ruggington how good is Cyber Sleuth and how bad are the JP voices

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Is that new Digimon game like Digimon World on the PSone? Are there any Digimon games like that anymore? I heard there was a PSP one that got updated to the 3DS. But it was never released outside of Japan.

Takoluka posted:

Anime adaptations almost always change a few things or leave out some details, so if you really like S;G, it's worth playing.

First off, love your avatar.

Second off, I heard the game is a lot like Virtue's Last Reward in terms of gameplay, is that true?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is that new Digimon game like Digimon World on the PSone? Are there any Digimon games like that anymore? I heard there was a PSP one that got updated to the 3DS. But it was never released outside of Japan.

It isn't, it is more like a traditional RPG in the vein of something like SMT. There are games like that but none have gotten translated.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

punk rebel ecks posted:

Second off, I heard the game is a lot like Virtue's Last Reward in terms of gameplay, is that true?
Not in the slightest, other than both stories kind of involving time travel.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is the Steins;Gate game worth playing if you already watched Steins;Gate? Like doe sit merely retell the story a tell a new one. I'm currently watching the series now and I know I'll finish it before I could ever get teh chance of playing the game. The game caught my attention since it was on HG101's top 200 games of all-time list.

The anime gives you the true ending route. There are six endings in total, and 4 of them are very different. Lots of stuff gets explained, more back story, etc. I got the platinum and loved it. Really hope we get more in the series.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

punk rebel ecks posted:

First off, love your avatar.

hi5 marie buddy :)

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't, it is more like a traditional RPG in the vein of something like SMT. There are games like that but none have gotten translated.

gently caress. I've been waiting 17 years to play a sequel to Digimon World. :(

Nate RFB posted:

Not in the slightest, other than both stories kind of involving time travel.

So it isn't a visual novel/puzzle game? Sorry I'd look this up on Wikipedia but I don't want to risk anything spoiled for me as I am watching the show.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It has no puzzles, except for attaining the true ending flags, in a way.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Baal posted:

Ruggington how good is Cyber Sleuth and how bad are the JP voices

combat's FFX+Digital Monsters and i got a guilmon

the voices aren't too bad, everybody seems to be super into their roles at least. The girl side character that I forgot the name of is pretty obnoxious tho

game's pretty good but sometimes I just want them to stop talking so I can go digivolve my terriermon

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

punk rebel ecks posted:

The PSP one got a fan translation at least. The next game (Next Order) is somewhat of an updated version of the original Digimon World in the PSX (its protagonist is even a major character on it!) so getting Cyber Sleuth now is your best bet to see it released here in the west.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How long until you get Impmon?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

punk rebel ecks posted:

gently caress. I've been waiting 17 years to play a sequel to Digimon World. :(

D_T beat me to it, but yeah, there's an English patch for the PSP Digimon World game, and depending on the popularity/sales of Cyber Sleuth, we could potentially see Next Order in the West.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Baal posted:

How long until you get Impmon?

Time to Imp Mon is still TBD and you need the launch DLC to get Beelzemon Blast Mode

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

So it isn't a visual novel/puzzle game? Sorry I'd look this up on Wikipedia but I don't want to risk anything spoiled for me as I am watching the show.

It's just a visual novel. The major thing of interaction you get is playing around with your phone at certain points and that's mostly for things like getting some character expansion though e-mail chains or not getting a bad ending and continuing on with the story. Also, there's no real routes, just a really arbitrary split that happens at around chapter 4 that locks you down a certain way the final chapter goes down.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I haven't really been bothered by the JP voices, but I also advance through the text pretty quickly because I don't understand Japanese, and the text boxes can only hold like 15 words at a time.

In battle though I've got no idea if my character's talking or each digimon has a voice and it kind of bothers me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

Time to Imp Mon is still TBD and you need the launch DLC to get Beelzemon Blast Mode

God dammit, time to buy Cyber Sleuth

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

So for how long will the launch DLC be available to everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Txn posted:

So for how long will the launch DLC be available to everyone?

If it's actually launch window DLC off the PSN that'd be awesome. I thought it was a bonus code and wasn't excited about contacting amazon to get it since my preorder didn't include it.