Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Doesnt the LBx-cannons fire a number of X buckshot-pellets of 1 damage each?
Isnt that kinda like the LRM of cannons?

At close range its more akin to blasting someone with 4xASRM6, and unlike Clan Ultra ACs, they deliver their payload all at once. Also, LB20x ACs don't have ghost heat, and for their damage output, the heat generated is very low, making them perfect for sustained brawling. They also have the added bonus of shredding internals once you open someone up.

Lb 2s and 5s are garbage, and lb10s have dubious utility, but dual lb20 can be pretty devastating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

MAL-1R lol
My future mauler

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I don't hate it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

i'm gay cuck

lmao i didnt realize there's a word filter right now

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Drythe posted:

lmao i didnt realize there's a word filter right now

tom brady im gay

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Belt sander extreme. I like it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The best part about the new filter is that someone has to be Real Mad about it.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Welp, time to buy a mauler

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Maybe they'll let it mount ECM.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

A quad LB10X mauler with a 5 AC5 mauler would be a fun combo

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014
So I saw the 3 urbanmechs on sale, looked at the 6.5 million cbills I had and said, "gently caress It." Now I own all 3. Time to build a bad robot... after grinding out DHS taxes.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Just a quick reminder: PGI will ban you for openly talking about your sexuality in game. Even if you already know all the clanners like to gently caress animals, it doesn't matter, just don't talk about it.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Beraiye posted:

So I saw the 3 urbanmechs on sale, looked at the 6.5 million cbills I had and said, "gently caress It." Now I own all 3. Time to build a bad robot... after grinding out DHS taxes.

How dare you call any of them bad robots! Trash cans are kind of resilient. I mean sure when someone looks at you you spontaneously combust, but you can shake some screens with that little bugger.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Beraiye posted:

They're not on sale yet though?

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

ZenVulgarity posted:

They're not on sale yet though?

didn't matter. they were all 2 million or less. worked for me. sticker shock doesn't exist anymore after all the modules I've purchased.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bait and Swatch posted:

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I wasn't feeling any of the builds I was coming up with.

If you don't like that, my favorite setup is a deadside build with 3 cML in the torso, 1 cML in the head, and a left arm combo of one cLPL and one cML. It's a weird combo on the arm, I know, but so far it's worked out pretty well. Obvs don't forget the ECM.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Beraiye posted:

didn't matter. they were all 2 million or less. worked for me. sticker shock doesn't exist anymore after all the modules I've purchased.

They go on sale in like two minutes!

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

ZenVulgarity posted:

They go on sale in like two minutes!

again, don't really care. I can make up the difference in like 1 or 2 matches.

Ryzic
Feb 28, 2009

No, actually. I would hate to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!
Grimey Drawer

I would (will) drive this. It's gonna be rough with how slow it is, at least the AC/5 boat has a bit more range to work with. How useless are are LBX 10s at range?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ryzic posted:

How useless are are LBX 10s at range?

Completely. They're also useless against armor.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Ryzic posted:

I would (will) drive this. It's gonna be rough with how slow it is, at least the AC/5 boat has a bit more range to work with. How useless are are LBX 10s at range?

I wouldn't fire them at anything beyond like ... 350 meters

even that is stretching it

you want to kick some dude in the face from 100m away

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Safety Factor posted:

Completely. They're also useless against armor.

They're not useless against armor. They're not as effective as a weapon that drops all its damage on one point, but they will chew up armor. They're really more akin to non-artimas SRMs than anything else.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kazvall posted:

Just a quick reminder: PGI will ban you for openly talking about your sexuality in game. Even if you already know all the clanners like to gently caress animals, it doesn't matter, just don't talk about it.

:allears:

Post logs

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

So on CW

Why do we never run like

Ten assaults on a push and 2 lights or mediums to go the other direction and force some people to turn around?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

So on CW

Why do we never run like

Ten assaults on a push and 2 lights or mediums to go the other direction and force some people to turn around?

Zerg rush is love. Zerg rush is life.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Trip Report: Twelve flamers on a Nova Prime is fantastic. Almost got banned for outfitting about my sexuality though.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Willfrey posted:

the builds most goons use are Small pulses + 3 artemis srm6's. or two large pulse four medium lasers. or dual gauss. or 3 uac5's anf lasers. regular twin UAC10's is probably fine. i am gay and use 2ppc and 4 medium lasers which i enjoy.

LRMs are to be avoided. All LBX in the game suck I never see em in teir 1/2 drops

edit: unless a goon brought em

The best builds are probably either 4 large pulse, or 3 UAC5 and 6 small lasers.

Fil5000 posted:

The ebon jag is ok I think. The arms are nice and high so you can use it to hill hump with, not sure about builds though. It's not as good as the Stormcrow or the Timber Wolf but it's not a garbage robot.

It has different builds from the timber, imo it's an equal competitor to the TB. Especially since it's way better at long range sniping. The brawling builds for it pretty much blow though.

Washout fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 3, 2016

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Washout posted:

The best builds are probably either 4 large pulse, or 3 UAC5 and 6 small lasers.

Clan Opener

I don't think the EBJ gets quite into the same class as the TBW, but it's much closer than most other clan mechs, and ten tons lighter doing it.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

So on CW

Why do we never run like

We have enough trouble following simple directions like "wait for everyone" and "let the dads go first".

Do you think we could actually achieve COMPLEX STRATEGIES?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

The Saddest Robot posted:

We have enough trouble following simple directions like "wait for everyone" and "let the dads go first".

Do you think we could actually achieve COMPLEX STRATEGIES?

Besides, by doing this you are depriving your main push of heavier weight, taking 2x heavies out of the fight so that you can have some poo poo lights with 2 large lasers poking into a brawl does not help much.

Idk why we never do clans in our clan wars, in girl there was never enough people to CW, I actually can't find any public teamspeak where there are enough people around to drop with. ACES used to drop constantly but we can barely even put 2 lances together now, and BWC quit talking to us (ACES) because all of their veteran leadership has already stopped playing. But anyway if we played clans you just take 4x streak boats in your drop deck and stomp all over IS like ridiculous.

I'm seeing way less people on already and the steam momentum seems to be starting to peter our already, they better get the new 1v1 2v2 and 4v4 game modes going ASAP before all the bitter vets like me get bored and quit again.

Washout fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 3, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Getting more and more pissed off by cheetahs.
Any plans to normalize their damage model?
At the moment they take roughly the same amount of damage as any 70ton heavy to kill.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Yolomon Wayne posted:

At the moment they take roughly the same amount of damage as any 70ton heavy to kill.

Have you tried learning how to shoot?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Yolomon Wayne posted:

shoot their arms. they fall off right quick

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheTrend posted:

Have you tried learning how to shoot?

Pro retard answer.
Everyone knows cheetahs are loving OP, why do you think goons use them to troll around?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Firestarters and spiders are the same damage wise, lights are not OP unless you are in an assault that can't torso twist well or is really slow. If they nerfed them then lights would be really useless, since cheetahs and firestarters are really the only lights that can compete against mediums and heavies.

Basically I'm saying you should buy some cheetahs and play them yourself.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

shoot their arms. they fall off right quick

Doesnt stop them from capping sadly.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Pro retard answer.
Everyone knows cheetahs are loving OP, why do you think goons use them to troll around?

They are not actually OP, they are certainly not as good as a stormcrow or something else that can easily wreck one 1v1. They have to run from any heavy or medium with 6 lasers or more.

When your fighting one tear the arms off and they will have to run away, going for the legs when they have full firepower can be a losing proposition unless you are really accurate. Shoot when they jump and then land since they have to pause for a bit when they land and it's a good way to accurately tear off an arm, or time your shots better when they are going in straight lines so that you can get more hits in that way.

Washout fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 3, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Washout posted:

Firestarters and spiders are the same damage wise, lights are not OP unless you are in an assault that can't torso twist well or is really slow. If they nerfed them then lights would be really useless, since cheetahs and firestarters are really the only lights that can compete against mediums and heavies.

Basically I'm saying you should buy some cheetahs and play them yourself.

I have cheetahs, and i know first hand how ridiculous they are.
But when im playing IS, i cant take cheetahs to compete with cheetahs.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

You take Firestarters or Jenners with SRM's to compete with Cheetahs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Blackjacks, crabs, quickdraw-5k, and thunderbolts can win against them pretty readily. I.e. laservomit. I'm not accurate enough with my latency to win against them when using SRM's.

• Locked thread