Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Sounds like we're in for a fun time if this guy gets his way.

Beet Wagon posted:

The "Big Cat Space Marine" av really puts the icing on top of that post. Is he calling all women animals? Is he assuming there will be anthropomorphic animal NPCs he can make dance? Did he just not read the OP properly? :iiam:

The answer is yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I want to grief this guy so bad, and I'm not really the type of person who griefs in games.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
i think we all need to join the stimpire. we'd totally make that guys day

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Where are my next gen poop mechanics? :colbert:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/314718/toilets-biology-realism/p1

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

I have a feeling they don't actually read these somehow. :ssh:

YeahDavidLeeRoth
Sep 23, 2008

Very tense moments in wing commando right now, rosie just crashed and they are preparing the bulldozer.

RIP femcommando, see you in the after 'verse o7

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I'm not convinced that there's a human even writing them at this point, they're all basically identical.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Be happy they didn't just throw out all the tickets like they did in December :v:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

The "Big Cat Space Marine" av really puts the icing on top of that post. Is he calling all women animals? Is he assuming there will be anthropomorphic animal NPCs he can make dance? Did he just not read the OP properly? :iiam:

Well the OP already used "people pets" as a euphemism for slavery

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Some kind of development tracking software.

https://www.shotgunsoftware.com/features-review

He was very cagey about the kickstarter, too. So we have a choice of interpretive dance;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1069436264/crossover-projekt

Or comics;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jimbalent/jim-balent-and-holly-gs-crossover-when-magick-meet

Neither of which really comes with smelling distance of a software project, but I'm sure that I searched incorrectly on the term given. Unless interpretive dance is a hotbed of space sims.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

WC 3
Freespace
Freespace 2
Starlancer
Freelancer
Independence War 2
X2

Star Citizen's flight model is far superior, to say nothing of its quality in other areas.

Elegant troll there. Frank applause.

Surprised that you didn't pick up on any of the Evochrons or Elite. The latter has been out for quite a while, and you missed out on prophecy. Blair didn't make it.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

DOMDOM posted:

yes why indeed citizens...

:lol: I love you DOMDOM.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

He was very cagey about the kickstarter, too. So we have a choice of interpretive dance;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1069436264/crossover-projekt

Or comics;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jimbalent/jim-balent-and-holly-gs-crossover-when-magick-meet

Neither of which really comes with smelling distance of a software project, but I'm sure that I searched incorrectly on the term given. Unless interpretive dance is a hotbed of space sims.

Hello friend

I am amused and slightly worried that you believed it to be a kickstarter campaign with fixed funding.

Here's the dead horse, flogging don't stop in the stimpire https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/crossover-alaskan-sci-fi-fantasy#/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/316666/farming-why-you-shouldn-t-be-worried#latest

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Respond with something like, "Alright, initiating a charge back then, just figured it would be easier to do it this way, anyway thanks for your time."

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

I'm the poster doubting the reality of beer's emails

What if beers emails and the whole universe are just a simulation taking place inside a computer inside the verse? :2bong:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

So I was looking at Star Citizen on wikipedia when I noticed that under platforms it said "Linux" which led me to this article:

PC gaming: Not just still alive, but still dominant, says PAX East panel

quote:

Speaking of Linux: Roberts reaffirmed that while Windows is the main targeted platform for Star Citizen, the game maker will also be officially supporting Linux.

I had no idea this was a thing, I'll bet it's coming right after private servers :v:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

This is probably the most pathetic post I've ever read from anything related to Star Citizen, I actually cringed reading it.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Seems like someone needs a new hobby ;)

:owned:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Goobs posted:

Respond with something like, "Alright, initiating a charge back then, just figured it would be easier to do it this way, anyway thanks for your time."

Don't do this, they just wait for excuses to ignore you.

Write lengthy (bad) mails listing numerous specific issues you have with the game. Ask them to explain specifics: which tos they claim you've agreed to, on which date and so on. Haven't received a warning when the 14 day "grace period" expired? Ask them to explain that.

Get them off script, make them work for it until you're more trouble than your cash is worth. Don't insult, but don't buy into their version of the story or fall into their script.Don't get a reply? Send a new mail, every day.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Shitizens love to post about how they hope the game isn't released for x years so it can be more polished. They have been doing this for x years so I imagine it will just continue on into the future, they are enabling the best businesswoman in the world since she was a little girl to just keep selling them ships and not releasing anything resembling an actual game.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Don't do this, they just wait for excuses to ignore you.

Write lengthy (bad) mails listing numerous specific issues you have with the game. Ask them to explain specifics: which tos they claim you've agreed to, on which date and so on. Haven't received a warning when the 14 day "grace period" expired? Ask them to explain that.

Get them off script, make them work for it until you're more trouble than your cash is worth. Don't insult, but don't buy into their version of the story or fall into their script.Don't get a reply? Send a new mail, every day.

Basically do what Beer did. ;)

edit: not to say Beer's emails were bad, not at all!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Goobs posted:

This is probably the most pathetic post I've ever read from anything related to Star Citizen, I actually cringed reading it.

how is that not a troll :psyduck:

I'd've been impressed with myself if I'd come up with it

YeahDavidLeeRoth
Sep 23, 2008

Up to the FPS part of the movie Wing Commando now. Star Marine was in Wing Commando all along!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Goobs posted:

quote:

I've done gardening in RL

Looks like we've got ourselves an expert here.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

quote:

Hi Amy,

As I mentioned in my request I am aware of CIG's 14 day refund policy, however in Australia statutory consumer rights have no time limit. If your policy prevents me from attaining a refund I am prepared to contact the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and file a complaint.

WhiskeyWhiskers

:smug:

I'm totally prepared to lose $80 if I can gently caress CIG's refund policy over in Australia, they've already had to change it to (sort of) meet EU standards.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 3, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Iglocska posted:

Sounds like we're in for a fun time if this guy gets his way.

The answer is yes.

What, you don't think being a space logistics man is fun? Excuse me but I plan on spending 8 hours a day logging every single munition and item aboard my ship.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi guys busy day

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

CrazyTolradi posted:

Beer wasn't an employee, he was a customer. Sandi abused a customer (past or present, it doesn't matter) and ranted in email at him on a completely unrelated subject to his enquiry and totally unprofessional manner. Anyone with the most basic customer service experience would never, ever have engaged in anything close to that (unless they wanted to be fired).

I'm sure Sandi is completely lovely and nice to people, until they disagree with her (or Chris), ask for a refund or talk about CIG/SC in any manner that isn't thoughtless worship.

Notice me senpai!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Catte has an injury that can't be licked. Old dog sweater to the rescue.

She is not impressed.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

That's pretty good

Could have gone with "Please explain how this complies with law down under" to throw another ball in their court

Phi230 posted:

What, you don't think being a space logistics man is fun? Excuse me but I plan on spending 8 hours a day logging every single munition and item aboard my ship.

Will there be space season 2 of the wire, with logistics spacemen working as fronts for smuggling ops

YeahDavidLeeRoth
Sep 23, 2008

Commandos, question...is this pilgrim poo poo basically croberts ripping off jedis?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Notice me senpai!

:eyepop:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Got a wealth of fun comin' up

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The thought of putting clothing on a cat makes me shudder. Like even if you manage it without bloodshed, you gotta know you're marked for the rest of your days. Just straight up greenlit. Very cute cat though.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

YeahDavidLeeRoth posted:

Commandos, question...is this pilgrim poo poo basically croberts ripping off jedis?

the answer will surprise bore you

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Eonwe posted:

hi guys busy day

Yeah Tijuana Bibliophile had a really impressive attempt to snipe page 1700 but ultimately it ended in failure. We are all pretty devastated.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

"I sure hope, that Design will force all Citizens (...) to learn Economy 101 and Accounting 101"

I thought the carebears didn't want Star Citizen to turn into EVE 2.0. Also lol at having to learn double entry to play a loving video game, get this guy a game designing contract.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
don't cry for me fellow commandos

I have sniped my share of pages, none of them with good posts

o9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

BluestreakBTHR posted: